Tom Clancy's The Division

Xevy

Log Wizard
As a player, you get a percentage of the player you kill's DZ funds. If you're rogue and they're not, you get like, 10% maybe? If they're rogue and you kill them, you get more, like 20-30%. So if you're a rogue the real money is to never stop killing and looting people. The manhunt/survival rewards are worthless. Basically right now it's only for people in full high end gear who just want to be dicks. They can get DZ funds and decon DZ vendor items for mats to craft perfect rolls, but otherwise there's not much point.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Man I fucken love this game. I haven't played a game this much at launch other than maybe The Witcher in a VERY long time. I thought I'd play this for 15 hours and move on but I have no idea what it is. I think the shooting mechanics are great. Loot grind is fun as shit. New York is crazy cool to run around in. The Missions are fucken awesome as.

Yeah ofcourse their could be more mechanics etc but I dunno man there is only so much dev time you have etc. I think It's a fantastic game at least an 8. I'd give it a 9.5 if some of the side missions and encounters were more varied.

Devlin

Golden Squire
That's the way I feel about it, it's really fun but it could have been better.

There are a lot of silly mistakes like all the aforementioned exploits and no dedicated PvP zone. The DZ just seems pointless most of the time, no clear goals, just wander about looking for random mobs to kill. It should be a lot more developed than that, there shouldn't even be a "rogue" aspect to, the DZ should be completely free for all.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Man I fucken love this game. I haven't played a game this much at launch other than maybe The Witcher in a VERY long time. I thought I'd play this for 15 hours and move on but I have no idea what it is. I think the shooting mechanics are great. Loot grind is fun as shit. New York is crazy cool to run around in. The Missions are fucken awesome as.

Yeah ofcourse their could be more mechanics etc but I dunno man there is only so much dev time you have etc. I think It's a fantastic game at least an 8. I'd give it a 9.5 if some of the side missions and encounters were more varied.
^
An interesting case study in why developers making shitty decisions still make too much money.

DMK_sl

shitlord
^
An interesting case study in why developers making shitty decisions still make too much money.
^
An interesting case study in someone who doesn't understand that taste is subjective and they are in the minority.

Story - Enjoyed it
Mechanics - Think the shooting and cover is great
RPG elements - Fantastic
Graphics - great to look at
Launch Smoothness - Smooth as butter for me
UI - easy to use
Ability to play with other players - painless

The game is a solid 8/10. That's not an unreasonable score by any rational measure.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Played this at my brother's the other day. If you have any interest in playing this at all, do it now. I think the population is gonna die in 8 weeks or less unless they make some drastic changes.

DMK_sl

shitlord
I didn't realize bugs and broken mechanics were subjective.
And I guess it's a huge cover up by mainstream media about all this game breaking bugs and mechanics.. Have not seen a single review saying the bugs or mechanics were gaming breaking.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
And I guess it's a huge cover up by mainstream media about all this game breaking bugs and mechanics.. Have not seen a single review saying the bugs or mechanics were gaming breaking.
There are bugs mate, there's also server lag even with our aussie servers. Teleporting mobs, warping, buffs that stay up permanently or don't trigger at all. Skills and talents that don't work as advertised and a reporting screen that doesn't update or even work at times. SOME of the game is buggy as shit.

I won't even talk about the shitshow that is crafting at rank 50. The Div Tech grind is real.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The lag for me at prime time is what is taking away the fun, it is not game breaking lag but you notice it and it is so frustrating after putting up with it for hours

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Guess im fortunate that after day 3 i had experienced no lag on xbox anymore. They are supposedly releasing patch 1.2 this week and next month is incursions so as long as they add something once a month it will keep me popping in and out of it to do shit. However being 30/60 there isnt much to do. You guys grinding Div Tech i dont see why - you can buy most of the good shit in your home base - sure there are a couple things in DZ worth getting Div Tech for but i dont think anything so pertinent that id want to grind Div Tech to do it.

While i think the end game falls flatter than the chest of an anorexic woman, ive put 5 full days of play in so i cant give it lower than a 8/10 myself. Regardless of the future of the game, just like Destiny ive already got my purchase price worth of time. If the game had some end game and the devs werent such cunts and said what happened to the end game they discussed before id give it higher.

Speaking of bugs, did the hardmode mission with a pug and after the mission it tells you to go to the elevator - so we all jump in sausage fest style and sat there for 5 minutes before we noticed that the elevator wouldnt let us out :p In the end we got no credit bc the elevator never came back up so fast traveling and running back did us no good - its only a wasted 20min or less but still annoying.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I was trying really hard to take the slow scenic route with this game, taking in the atmosphere and immersing myself in each district as I got there. Last night that all went to shit as I fell through the world no less than 4 times, got the "Mike" error 3 times and lost all dialog on 3 main missions all while lagging across Manhatten. I play on ps4 and this game is buggy as hell.

Cover mechanics are so clunky and the rage I feel everytime I try and retreat, only to stop and stick to a cover point makes me rather stick needles in my pee hole... To make matters worse, apparently I killed all the cheese farm named mobs =/

Aside from grouping up with some buds every once in awhile, i'm pretty much over this game.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
sure there are a couple things in DZ worth getting Div Tech for but i dont think anything so pertinent that id want to grind Div Tech to do it.
Chest, Holster and Gloves, 31 golds, all require DivTech.

The Navy MP5 is amazeballs if you get a good roll on it. While the Tenebrae that I made today isn't all that hot, it is still decent. Shame the RDS scope says "weapon damage" but it's only headshot damage on creation -- another bug that is obviously subjective.

spronk

FPS noob
savage

edit: patch coming tomorrow, patch notes tonight. probably will fix pC solo elite farming

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah I was trying really hard to take the slow scenic route with this game, taking in the atmosphere and immersing myself in each district as I got there. Last night that all went to shit as I fell through the world no less than 4 times, got the "Mike" error 3 times and lost all dialog on 3 main missions all while lagging across Manhatten. I play on ps4 and this game is buggy as hell.
It's weird because in that Angry review, he had all kinds of graphical bugs. I've put in a little over 50 hours and haven't had any. I wonder if it's because I'm not running on ultra.

Chest, Holster and Gloves, 31 golds, all require DivTech.

The Navy MP5 is amazeballs if you get a good roll on it. While the Tenebrae that I made today isn't all that hot, it is still decent. Shame the RDS scope says "weapon damage" but it's only headshot damage on creation -- another bug that is obviously subjective.
Do those require DZ50 to get? I've gotten most of the items I want from the DZ vendor at BoO, but I haven't spent much time in the DZ (I think I'm DZ16).

spronk

FPS noob
patch tomorrow
The Division ??" Patch Notes 1.0.2 | Latest news and content about Tom Clancys The Division game

Named NPCs will no longer respawn after being killed in the Open World. This will prevent situations where players were able to kill a same named NPC over and over again.
Players killed in the Dark Zone will lose less Dark Zone Funds and Experience (Rogue and non-Rogue)
Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for surviving Rogue status have been improved
Dark Zone Funds and Experience rewards for killing Rogue agents have been improved
Phoenix Credits drop have been increased on lvl 31 and 32 enemies in the Dark Zone:
Lvl 30: 1-3 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 31: 2-4 Phoenix Credits
Lvl 32: 3-5 Phoenix Credits
Increased drop rate of High-End items from lvl 31 and 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
Increased drop rate of High-End Division Tech Material from lvl 32 named NPCs in the Dark Zone.
Improved Dark Zone Chests items quality:
Rank 30 chests will now drop Superior (Purple) items instead of Specialized (Blue)
Keys chests now have a chance to drop High-End (Gold) items