Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Yep. The only thing that can counter it is how many mats would one get when running crafting assignments as rewards? Even with supply drops it forces people into the DZ where some may not want to go anyway because they do not like PvP and that is going to be a mess anyway (Probably a fun mess for those that like PvP). So they better have a reason to doing that but even then, let people choose how they want to gear up with options. DZ Supply, Crafting assignments, running challenges/missions and such - it shouldn't be up to the developer to force any given way to go about playing the game the player wants to play it. If they do not have a counter to the huge nerf here, they are screwed and this game is up shit creek.
Only way it makes sense is if incursions and their supply drops are going to pay out multiple high end items per run (ie, like 4+) or they otherwise shit out dozens of crafting mats. I cannot imagine the loot pinatas being large enough to compensate for this though, going from 20 purple items to craft a high end to what, 72? Is fucking insane.

Devlin

Golden Squire
Someone carry me on PS4, need to get my dps and health up pronto! Kidding (somewhat)...

I'll be on a little later (at around 7:00PM EST) if anyone does want to farm this. I don't think i'd do very well on challenge-mode (unless carried), but should do decent on hard.
Police academy doesn't have a challenging mode, it's only hard so very easy to farm it over and over.

It's boring as fuck but I've done it a ton of times already and more to come if this patch bullshit is any indication.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Materials are going to be dropping from MoBs at a much higher rate in the DZ and Incursion. And the incursion will be dropping more than just blueprints.

I think it will work out

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
police academy is cake, just stay inside and pick off the ones that charge in first. Scarecrow will throw a seeker mine at you, but it doesn't hurt too bad. it does kick you out of cover tho, so be ready to cover asap.

One negative to farming police academy is a bug i have come across; every once in a while (1/5 runs maybe) Scarecrow will be invis and you have to be right on top of his ass to hit him.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Materials are going to be dropping from MoBs at a much higher rate in the DZ and Incursion. And the incursion will be dropping more than just blueprints.

I think it will work out
If that's true, they should pull their heads out of their ass and mention it in the patch notes.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
It's not really a step in the right direction unless HE item drop rates are significantly increased. The conversion rate to take purples to high end under the new system is way too much assuming you are extracting them from the dark zone. Your gonna be spending more time waiting for extraction and clearing your stash than actively playing the game.

Really just copy/paste Diablo 3s system in its current incarnation. Not the abortion that they launched with.

GonzytheMage

Golden Knight of the Realm
I feel like this is also another push to get us back into the city clicking on the boxes around town. This will then match the game play of clicking on boxes inside the dark zone.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Gathering mats from the nodes in the PvE area wasn't worth the time under the old crafting system, so unless they increase what they put out 10 fold it'll be an even less attractive option.

Really not sure where they are going with this. DZ stash size of 30 means 2.5 filled stashes worth of purples to craft one high end item, extracted 9 at a time? Seems fucking awful and not even worth picking up purples anymore, especially assuming they are actually going to pay out high ends/mats from the supply drops.

This also makes challenge runs no longer an option for farming outside the bare minimum to get enough PC to buy the blueprints you want. Filling a bag with purples/blues from challenge farming used to let you craft a couple of high ends after a night of grinding, but now your bag can't even carry enough items to deconstruct in to a single high end with the new math.

Unless they have a lot more changes they just didn't put in the notes for some reason this kills the game. Maybe incursions will pay out 5+ high end items every run so we can still do those?

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Even if that's the case, what does someone who isn't already decked out in high end's do? It's going to take them forever to even be able to run an incursion.

The top 10% people will always chew through content, and balancing around that has never worked. But this is a giant wall for casuals and new players, and it'll kill the game. 20 high ends dropping from incursions means dick if you can't run incursions because you need a thousand purples to get the gear to start running them.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As far as challenge missions, Hornet is the only boss that will drop HE weapons whereas Finch is HE body armor. Just depends on what you are looking for. I want a HE M1 so Russian consulate spam it is.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
As far as challenge missions, Hornet is the only boss that will drop HE weapons whereas Finch is HE body armor. Just depends on what you are looking for. I want a HE M1 so Russian consulate spam it is.
Good luck mang, I've got like 20 hornet kills now and not seen a high end sniper yet.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Reposting from earlier:

grind the united nations mission on hard until you're kitted in full purples, it's like minimum 8 per run and it's stupid easy even with poverty gear. Then move on to the tunnel mission on challenging, you'll be grinding this for a while. Somewhere around like 100-120k sheet dps you'll want to move on to farming russian consulate. It's not nearly as hard as people make it out to be, and unless it's the daily only relatively similarly geared people queue for it. Even without the sploit farm hornet is worth farming, as he drops ilvl 31 high ends, including weapons, which unless you wanna grind DZ to 50 and farm DZ tech forever (fuck that), is the only source of high end weapons besides the vector.

Aside from that route do the two hardmode dailies for 30 phoenix credits total. You're first PC purchase should be the vektor blueprint, craft as many of those as you can. Out of like 10 vektors or so you're bound to find one that has at least like 2/3 good talents (you want some combination of armor shred/crit chance/crit damage/accuracy).

Once you have a decint-ish vektor and full purple gear you can likely just grind challenge mode missions as much as you want.
What stats (stamina/dps) should I have to move from UN Assembly (Hard) to Tunnel (Challenge) mode?

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
As long as you're in full purples you can mostly start grinding tunnel. Most people are so geared already that even if you're under geared you'll just mostly get carried.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Jesus fuck what a stupid change to crafting, not even a craft all option for this shit. One exploit after another for the past 3 weeks.
What a fucking waste of a game.