Tom Clancy's The Division

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
The DZ needs a new bracket now. Some dude with that DZ 75 AUG just killed my entire group and had a GS of 220 or something stupid.

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
Some gems from the reddit today... way to get around the dz rank brackets.

The reason why it should be like he suggested is because players are going to low lvl dz ranks by sending they high lvl gear score items to alt character. Then going into dz under 160 with whole gear set mode and a green pistol from level 4 so they gear score is dumbed by 30 points or so. Thats why its need to change, so those kinda of guys wont get any good loot for them and have almost no point in going under their "realistic" brackets.
In regards to the removal of the weekly incursion reward.

nah, the exploiters have found a way around that if you didn't see the thread yet. The programmers apparently tried to use the system clock on the user side to disable the rewards. So you can just change your systems clock by a week to get around it apparently.
I haven't personally verified this ofc, I'm just sitting here on the forums having fun.
That's some funny shit right there if it's true.

Other way to get around the incursion lockout I guess.

You'll need 2 characters for this to work.

Character A - hasn't completed CM for LF. Character B - doesn't matter whether it has completed CM for LF.
Now get your team together - minimum of 2 people.
Everyone starts off with their Character A.
Form the team. Group leader selects/start the mission of FL, but no one walk towards to manhole cover/ladder just yet.
Leader logs off, switch to Character B.
Team invites Leader back. Everyone else logs off and switch to their character B.
Now everyone should be playing their character B. Proceed to do mission.
Collect that sweet iL240 and iL214 loot.
Repeat from step 2.
Enjoy!
Let the downvotes from those already in iL240 gear commence!
Edit: Yes, this works after the patch - hence the reason I'm sharing it. If they're not gonna do something about those who exploited pre-patch, here's the method for all to use post patch.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
This is a text book case on how to fuck up an actually decent game with shitty coding and response / lack there of to exploits

They should of removed mobile cover right from the start until it was fixed properly. Instead they now have a game with IMMENSE gear power inflation, cock blocked casuals by nerfing the shit out of crafting after everyone already exploited their mats and got their perfect rolls and leave cover in the game for even more exploit fun.

Really well played Ubi. Fucking amateurs.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I really liked this game even though I didn't care for the combat when I tried the beta. It was just fun to play and I had a really good time with it. I was having so much fun that I forgave it for a lot of it's faults. Now though I am so far behind that I can no longer compete. As a gamer I need to compete and punishing those of us who didn't exploit killed it for me. I have nothing against people who exploited cause I would have done it myself. Now though it just reminds me of GW2 when running dungeons where you can't get a group that isn't going to glitch the fuck out of everything and if you don't glitch or know the glitch you get kicked.

It's a fucking shame they fucked this up so bad. Also how the fuck could this game have had a original release date of over 2 years ago? It's still an incomplete clusterfuck.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
All about whether or not you have friends to play with. Friends to play with make the exploits not really matter all that much, and if you want to exploit, there are plenty of ways to still do it. As posted above, the most recent nerfs have work arounds, Police Academy still works just fine for 1 HE drop every few minutes, etc. As for getting owned in DZ, often times the GS doesn't matter much, but skill does.

Apparently RS: Seige has had hacks for a while and not a single thing done, so I don't hold my breath here that hackers or otherwise are going to be dealt with.

Rush

As someone who has not exploited a single time and gives zero fucks about the DZ, I still enjoy the game immensely. I have to complete the incursion, and I run the hard and challenging dailies pretty much every day. Besides the dz being competitive, what is there to be competitive about? Play the damn game for enjoyment, not for the min/max aspect.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
So... I've been kicked from group 3 times when on last boss fight in hard (daily) missions tonight? Wtf?

They need to make it so you cannot kick people that late in the mission

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Why are you grouping for hard missions? Challenge should be the only thing you need to group for once you have a decent setup.

Lucked into a 4 man DZ group earlier, probably the best part of the game. Had some great rogue fights, won and lost, cleared DZ 5-6 and got shitty greens to boot.

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Why are you grouping for hard missions? Challenge should be the only thing you need to group for once you have a decent setup.

Lucked into a 4 man DZ group earlier, probably the best part of the game. Had some great rogue fights, won and lost, cleared DZ 5-6 and got shitty greens to boot.
I do matchmaking just for the sake of having people to play with. Game is too instanced that you don't run across anyone (other than DZ). So brings some form of group play in an otherwise barren solo game.

Downside is you get fuckholes who kick people right when you get to bosses.

Devlin

Golden Squire
How do you fix an exploit with mobile cover and yet still leave way more available? What fucking garbage.
Well the answer is they didn't fix the exploit with mobile cover, they made it so you can't start chipping away at the APC without the waves starting.

So people used the mobile cover to go off map and shoot the APC from outside the room.

Basically mobile cover is a game breaker.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I can't think of a hard mode that takes me more than 10-15mins at most. Not missing a bunch of group time there, more power to ya though.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well the answer is they didn't fix the exploit with mobile cover, they made it so you can't start chipping away at the APC without the waves starting.

So people used the mobile cover to go off map and shoot the APC from outside the room.

Basically mobile cover is a game breaker.
Right, so why is mobile cover even in the game still? Sounds like problem solved right there. The riot shield I've at least seen used, mobile cover though I've never seen used at any high level sans exploiting. There's plenty of other abilities and I doubt it would be hard to quickly add another as a replacement instead of keeping that shit in. Just reeks again of designers who have no idea what they are doing.

DMK_sl

shitlord
As someone who has not exploited a single time and gives zero fucks about the DZ, I still enjoy the game immensely. I have to complete the incursion, and I run the hard and challenging dailies pretty much every day. Besides the dz being competitive, what is there to be competitive about? Play the damn game for enjoyment, not for the min/max aspect.
In exactly the same boat. Gearscore 170 still absolutely loving the game!

Remmy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Game feels like it has a good skeleton, but no meat. By no means worth full price. It suffers from a somewhat anemic leveling experience aside from the story missions that are currently available. Exploits and hacking are rampant, which creates gear inflation, and eventual need for an artificial invalidation of all currently dropped gear diablo 3 style. Darkzone PvP is mostly 2-6 second ganks without much risk if you outnumber your opponent. I do recommend grabbing it on sale in a year or two and playing with a few friends, assuming they flesh it out, but for now it's half a game.

Stave

Potato del Grande
I paid $40 for this game and enjoyed it for what it was. So far they have really fucked up the end game and underestimated the lengths players will go through to exploit a multiplayer game. That said, I did enjoy my time and will probably check it out again in a few months when they hopefully get a handle on the shit, but right now I really have low urge to log in anymore. I have some high end items, and one set piece, but really, what's the point of gearing up? So I can kill stuff faster in DZ for more high end items? I don't care for the PVP/rogue aspect so that's worthless to me. I'll still take a game like this over a game like Assassin's Creed or Far Cry or Call of Duty 33 etc. At least this game had a built in multiplayer portion to it and tried something relatively new and raised the bar a bit for the genre. Diablo 3 had the same issues in the beginning, but really turned it around after some time. Hopefully these guys will continue to work on it and not just throw in the towel.

Variise

N00b
This is what happens when a developer is desperate due to lack of time to properly balance and test their game. It can take many months to do this properly and may require re-writes in your code or changes to how the gameplay functions which can add even more time to development. Blame Ubisoft for this nonsense. I would be shocked if any of their management even play games let alone spent any time in game development. Quarterly Profits > Gameplay = Fuck Gamers

You can't even just throw money at this problem anymore. That was 6 months ago. Once you launch and your game is falling apart you are fucked. It would be almost better if they simply pulled the game entirely put it back into Development for a year and re-launch after a massive overhaul.

ValkyrieIATD

In exactly the same boat. Gearscore 170 still absolutely loving the game!
My hat's in the ring for another person still enamored with The Division. 70+ hours logged and I still can't wait to hop on and run around.

But I'm 100% sure that if was a hardcore player I would've dropped it long ago.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
My hat's in the ring for another person still enamored with The Division. 70+ hours logged and I still can't wait to hop on and run around.

But I'm 100% sure that if was a hardcore player I would've dropped it long ago.
Damn man kudos to you because I didnt have that experience.

I actually like the game but am discouraged by whats been happening with abuse and the skewed power base. I am still on the sidelines but there is nothign else really out right now thats catching my attention.