Tom Clancy's The Division

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Are they purposely trying to sink this game/company?
Sure seems like it. I agree with nerfing smg base damage as there is no reason it should be substantially higher than an AR. Issue is, the weapon changes they are making still make smg king. They seem to be adding pve perks to other weapon types and not giving perks for Pvp making smg still be the go-to for DZ. Fucking amateur hour

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
Recently came back, and was catching up on all the things that changed. I wanted to do some HVTs for loot, as it was said here how much loot drops from there. Then I realized I needed the currency to buy the HVT missions. Then I realized I hadn't finished every single encounter or side mission in all of the different zones in order to be able to do it. Ugh... I'm not a completionist by any means, and all but 1 of the zones had stuff left to do in them. Did people really go and finish it all? wtf was the point? I hit 30 and maxed out my side wings long before having to do them all.
Nah, you don't have to finish every side mission in the game. You only have to finish every side mission and encounter in a particular zone. So if you're in the Tenderloin district and finished the things there, you unlock that zone for local HVT missions if you want to grind intel only. You can run those for intel at three missions at a time (probably get about 10 intel or so when done).

If you don't want to fuck around with any more side missions or encounters in the game, you can still get all your daily/weekly HVT done simply by joining anyone else who bought one so just join Free Roam and hook up with some poor asshole who doesn't have any friends and help him out. He pays, you help, you get your own shit.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Buddy and I hit 30 and had a lot of fun finishing up all the zones but now we have sort of hit a wall. The hard missions are too easy and the challenging missions are too hard for the two of us with our current gear level (185ish). It seems like our only options to keep duoing and gear up are farming the high value daily targets that cost between 10-15 intel points for a small chance at an upgrade/set piece or the dark zone. Dark zone seems to either be a lot of fun with other lost souls or instantly getting steamrolled by level 99s who one shot us with the sticky bomb skill.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
Buddy and I hit 30 and had a lot of fun finishing up all the zones but now we have sort of hit a wall. The hard missions are too easy and the challenging missions are too hard for the two of us with our current gear level (185ish). It seems like our only options to keep duoing and gear up are farming the high value daily targets that cost between 10-15 intel points for a small chance at an upgrade/set piece or the dark zone. Dark zone seems to either be a lot of fun with other lost souls or instantly getting steamrolled by level 99s who one shot us with the sticky bomb skill.
If you've got the underground xpac, I suggest going there and leveling up your underground level. Every time you level up, you get an underground cache which provides either a 229 weapon or a 268 piece of set gear.

And if you are on pc, you can add me, rush33, to your friend list. I run heroic lexington a few times a day trying to get a showstopper shotgun. I also run 2-5 hard more underground missions.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Cool we will have to check out the underground this weekend. Thanks for the offer but unfortunately my buddy's PC is too old to run the game so we are stuck on XB1. It's painful because I got the game for free with either my graphics card or SSD and it looks and plays so much better on PC.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Necroing this thread because goddammit, they got me sucked back in again. Haven't played in almost a year (patch 1.5? 1.6?).

Patch 1.8.1 changes went live a week ago and the corresponding global event went live last Monday. They fixed my #1 gripe with the game which was the inability to target drops from specific sets as all the best builds require all 6 pieces of the rarer versions of each set and with 14 or however many sets there were, it was next to impossible to complete them. Now you can grind 1 week each month and at least complete 1 set during that event. Also increased classified drop rates made it a little easier to farm Exotics in open world.

Vendor Changes
  • Added a Classified Gear cache to the Special Vendor that guarantees 1 Classified Gear piece from the entire pool.
  • Global Events Vendor
  • Removed the basic cache from the vendor.
  • Each Global Event will now have individual caches per Classified Gear set for that Global Event. This allows the player to purchase, for example, a Fire Crest cache that guarantees one item from that set.
  • Bosses in the Resistance game mode now award 100 Global Event tokens.
Exotic Loot drops
  • Removed Premium Vendor Exotics from Open World loot pool and Exotic Caches
  • All Exotics added to the Open World Bosses.
  • Classified Gear Drop Rates
  • Classified Drop Rates chances have been increased in all locations.
  • Legendary Missions now have a 20% chance to give Classified Gear as a reward at the completion of the mission
  • Season Pass Supply Drops now have a 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.
  • Survival Caches now has a roughly 10% chance to drop Classified Gear.

Ladro

Anomaly
I played a bit recently in the lull before GoW. Game has changed dramatically and was actually pretty fun solo and with some friends that also came back.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah I heard they finally fixed this shit. Never even bought it when it came out because of bad reports.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Hekotat Hekotat at I'm on PS4 and gonna continue grinding Hudson Yards all weekend. I thi k Utanyan used to play as well. My PSN is WarrmachineX

mkopec mkopec I daresay with the most recent set of changes around 1.7 or 1.8 it finally feels like a "complete" game with enough content and different activities. Doesn't stop them from making stupid mistakes but I will probably play regularly for that 1 week a month where they have the events going.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Hekotat Hekotat at I'm on PS4 and gonna continue grinding Hudson Yards all weekend. I thi k Utanyan used to play as well. My PSN is WarrmachineX

mkopec mkopec I daresay with the most recent set of changes around 1.7 or 1.8 it finally feels like a "complete" game with enough content and different activities. Doesn't stop them from making stupid mistakes but I will probably play regularly for that 1 week a month where they have the events going.

Once I finish GoW I'll hit you up.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
One of my best gaming memories was in this game. Was being carried by some clan mates, through an Incursion when they first came out. Was the one with the huge truck at the end of it, and a huge room you had to survive for a while. Anyways, was getting down to the end, and I was just trying to stay alive. My team had died, but it was at the part that if anyone stayed alive we'd win, and I was having shit blow up all around me as I was running around. It was intense, and we won, but damn, so intense! Was great!

Equivalent to getting a boss kill in an MMO with just 1-2 dudes left alive in the raid!

• 1Like

Fadaar

That guy
One of my best gaming memories was in this game. Was being carried by some clan mates, through an Incursion when they first came out. Was the one with the huge truck at the end of it, and a huge room you had to survive for a while. Anyways, was getting down to the end, and I was just trying to stay alive. My team had died, but it was at the part that if anyone stayed alive we'd win, and I was having shit blow up all around me as I was running around. It was intense, and we won, but damn, so intense! Was great!

Equivalent to getting a boss kill in an MMO with just 1-2 dudes left alive in the raid!

Our first RoS kill in Black Temple only our fury warrior survived, and that's because he had a soulstone on him since he was such an aggro hog.

• 1Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Is 268 the highest ilvl? I need to login to see where I'm at. We had so many kills on the truck I think I had a full set of top level gear of each of the sets... Which were all 244 or 264, can't really remember.

The exploits and serious lack of content burned me pretty hard. Stopped playing, what, a month or two in?

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Wow, this still exists? I played quite a lot for a while but the game just kinda fell off a cliff at some point, and I never bothered going back. I guess I'll reinstall it and poke my head in to see what's up.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Is 268 the highest ilvl? I need to login to see where I'm at. We had so many kills on the truck I think I had a full set of top level gear of each of the sets... Which were all 244 or 264, can't really remember.

The exploits and serious lack of content burned me pretty hard. Stopped playing, what, a month or two in?
Goes higher now. Think I have some 284 pieces and I dont even play much so probably goes higher than that.

Vorph

256+ is what really matters since that means you're within the highest tier, and then 286 is maximum optimization within that tier.

Also there are now "classified" set items which make all the basic set items you had entirely obsolete. Classified items have much better stats, can have two stats rerolled instead of just one, and have 5- and 6-piece set bonuses.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Max overall average is 290 or 291, but that's maxing every piece of gear, including sidearm. Takes a ton of Div Tech to do, especially if the piece had a naturally low main stat roll.

Vorph

Yeah, I thought that sounded off when I looked it up. Haven't logged in for a few weeks other than to check the Friday reset so I couldn't remember for sure. Plus I don't use anything but Tactician so my own average is like 270 or so due to the guns.