Tomb Raider (X360/PS3/PC)

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Definitely going to pick it up. At first I wasn't too thrilled by it but by watching some more of the gameplay demos it just looked more and more enjoyable. The reviews are only the icing on the cake. I hope it turns out well.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
TR is one of my favorite series. I remember the first time playing it with a voodoo card on my PC and was amazed. I know it started to go downhill by the 3rd game but the last 3 by Crystal Dynamics have been really good. Amazon has Underworld, Legend and Anniversary on sale for $4.49 each. Buy the on-line code then put the code into Steam and it adds them.

http://kotaku.com/tomb-raider/That gif is awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The PC version sounds pretty impressive. A whole slew of extra graphics features, plus textures up to 4k resolution.

Silence_sl

shitlord
Artwork looks like this lass:

rrr_img_15040.jpg
rrr_img_15041.jpg

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always loved the Tomb Raider games. I don't get excited for games but I'm pumped for this.

lindz

#DDs
Pre-ordered PC version today. It looks pretty badass so I'm excited. I'd probably prefer to play it on xbox but it looks so much better on PC.

And whoever did those bra sizes is totally clueless. Lara has a TINY little ribcage, like a 28 maximum for the early ones, maybe a 32 for the 2003+. The letter is the cupsize, the number is the ribcage measurement. /sigh

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pre-ordered PC version today. It looks pretty badass so I'm excited. I'd probably prefer to play it on xbox but it looks so much better on PC.
Yeah, I preordered it on xbox. Hopefully I don't regret that decision...although I'm sure in a few months anyway steam will have some super sale where it's 75% off or something like that lol.

Deal going on for this right now atGreen Man Gamingfor the PC version. Use the code "GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS" to drop the already discounted price down to $36. I've been on the fence about getting it, but think I'll pull the trigger now.

Sean_sl

shitlord
http://trscavenger.com

This is a pre-order challenge thing for Tomb Raider. You get a code to sign up for it when you pre-order from wherever. It started a while ago I guess and goes until release. You get some bonuses for completing stuff in it. It's pretty easy and quick. You also get entries into the Tomb Raider contest drawing for doing it.

This is the stuff you unlock:

WHAT CAN I WIN?

Tomb Raider In-game Downloadable Content (DLC)

Animal Instinct
The Animal instinct skill lights up XP-laden animals in Survival Instinct mode, to help Lara upgrade more quickly.

Climbing Skills
The Agility skill lets Lara ascend mountain faces more quickly and ensures she lands safely from higher falls.

Headshot Reticle
The headshot reticle lets Lara utilize her weapons more accurately. When used with the pistol silencer, it makes for a deadly combination.

Pistol Burst
The three-shot burst pistol upgrade lets Lara unleash a hail of firepower on her foes.

Pistol Silencer
The pistol silencer lets Lara use stealthy tactics to overcome even the trickiest of situations.
I think it just lets you start with that stuff unlocked early, but still sounds like a pretty good starting bonus.

Played about 3 hours of this so far, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. The game has a nice cinematic feel to it that I assume is new to the franchise, but this is my first real attempt at playing a Tomb Raider game. One small detail I enjoy is that on top of finding collectibles like in any other game, you "inspect" the collectibles for further information and bonus XP.
My only concerns with the game probably amount to nothing, and will likely fade as a play. In fact, the only real problems I have had with it probably stem from having played Farcry 3 so much such a short time ago.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
...or is Uncharted just Tomb Raider with 40GB of cutscenes and no D-cups???

It sounds a lot more like FarCry 3 than Uncharted to me. I got bored with FarCry 3 before the second island, but I'm still really looking forward to this because it's more structured and less sandbox-y, and it has metroidvania elements to it. My only real concern is that the stuff (you know, tombs) the series is known for is now optional content, and that seems like pretty silly game design if you're going to call your game Tomb Raider.