Tomb Raider (X360/PS3/PC)

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
So would you say TR (pc) is worth picking up at $50, as i didn't preorder, or would you say to wait for a price drop or sale?

HUH_sl

shitlord
So are the controls with keyboard/mouse for the PC acceptable? Or do you need a controller?
KB/M is fine. The only problem is that during quick time events it's sometime unclear on what button they want you to push. They use icons instead of saying the actual hotkey, once you figure out what the icons mean it's fine.

Hand icon = E (use), Exclamation point = F(melee).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
So would you say TR (pc) is worth picking up at $50, as i didn't preorder, or would you say to wait for a price drop or sale?
Yes it's worth it. The game is gorgeous, engaging and there aren't really any dull moments. My biggest gripes are that the multiplayer is forgettable and the actual tombs, which are optional, are far too easy. Other than that it's awesome.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Use GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS voucher at Green Man Gaming and it's still available for $40.

So are the controls with keyboard/mouse for the PC acceptable? Or do you need a controller?
I definitely prefer the gamepad, because the vast majority of what you do in the game is better suited to it. Even combat doesn't really benefit from mouse aiming, since I snipe unaware people with the bow, and kill the rest with melee. That said, other than the QTE annoyances already mentioned, kb/m works just fine if you don't have a pad.

Stillborn_sl

shitlord
Yes it's worth it. The game is gorgeous, engaging and there aren't really any dull moments. My biggest gripes are that the multiplayer is forgettable and the actual tombs, which are optional, are far too easy. Other than that it's awesome.
Thanks, purchased and downloading now.

Use GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS voucher at Green Man Gaming and it's still available for $40.
I would have gotten it from GMG however I only had money in my Steam Wallet.

Seventh

Golden Squire
This is pretty damn cool. Great looking game and super smooth gameplay. I don't like QTEs but as someone already said there seem to be less of them the further you get, and other than that and my disdain for multiplayer achievements, not much to complain about with this game. I'm about ~4 hours in and enjoying it quite a bit.

(I just wish the characters would stop calling her "Laura"..)

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
First let me say fuck QTE's I will live with it but I don't like em
Second I'm a huge Uncharted Fan only reason I have a console in the house is that series
Third Another game with negative scaling in Trifire but crossfire is good get it together AMD

Now let me start off by saying this is the most visually stunning game I seen on a PC since Crysis 1 and it shows off what PC gaming is all about and is still capable of. It absolutely looks marvelous at 2560 x 1600 rez on ultimate. The toon models are spot along with the animations and it's very immersive. I'm about 45 mins into the game and so far and I am thoroughly enjoying myself and it's one of those rare games that I can say it's worth the box price so far if this is what I can expect from the Tomb Raider franchise I may never buy another uncharted game again it's that impressive. So far I can give it 2 high thumbs I hope the rest of the game is as good as the first 45 min may have a reboot of a historic franchise.

I can't speak to m-player but I would just play BF3 or PS2 for that experience anyways.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just beat the game on hard, extremely short game. It was beautiful, the scenes, the action, character models how your outfit progressed through the game the residue from the areas etc. outstanding playing it on ultimate settings. The game was overall fun and well paced albeit very short. However there were just some disappoint generic things that I didn't like
The typical, loot x amount of things per zone receive minuscule XP points that really mean absolutely nothing and can beat the game easily without them.
The leveling system is uninspired and seems to be thrown in as an after thought, the upgrades you get from leveling are pretty much pointless. My main weapon was the pistol and 90% of my kills were headshots so really the only benefit I used was the extra XP from style kills.
The puzzles were fucking lame and obvious, no puzzle took more than 1 minute of thinking to complete, even on hard you would hope they would tone down the hints and not make something so obvious (see WHITE LEDGES or CRAGGY WALL or LOOK AT THESE FUCKING ROPES TIED AROUND SOMETHING) but they didn't it just meant mobs hit harder had more life as usual. That was probably the biggest disappointment for me in this game it took literally no thinking to complete anything. I think the hardest I had to think was towards the end where you raise a cage up and close the grate on the floor and the lower cage, go up level pull cage to you jump over wall, kept trying to pull the cage raised to me and wasn't working. The game focused less on raiding tombs and solving puzzles and more on shooting/killing people. Speaking of which, how the fuck are there massive amounts of white dudes that speak perfect english shipped wrecked on an island off the coast of Japan? You think there would be some cultural diversity amongst your enemies but NOPE ALL ENGLISH SPEAKING WHITE DUDES.
I really do hope in the future games to come they try and be a little more imaginative and do something that every single action game hasn't already done before. OMG THE MOB IS LOW PRESS X, HERE COMES A COMBO NOW PRESS CIRCLE, OMG X AGAIN REALLY FAST, YEAH YOU KILLED HIM GOOD JOB HERES SOME WORTHLESS XP THAT MEANS NOTHING!

Seventh

Golden Squire
Can you free roam to grab collectibles and whatnot after you finish it?

Edit: I didn't read your spoiler, on the off chance that you mention it in there.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, when you get to a certain point the game says "You can no longer quick travel beyond this point!" but after you complete the game it tells you to just press continue game to go back and finish zones.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally a game I'd buy that doesn't say EA on the box.

Bought. The Conan O'Brian thing was hilarious, does he do more of that or was that a one time thing?

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
He did one for the last Hitman game as well. Not sure if there are more. Really tempted to pick this up.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a Geforce 650 and a "latest rig" around it, I assume I should pick this up for that instead of the Xbox if best graphics are what I want?

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The game is fairly heavily GPU-bound, so that Geforce 650 is likely to struggle with some of the flashier video settings regardless of what the rest of your "latest rig" is. That said, it will still be a lot prettier than either console version.

K13R

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I have a Geforce 650 and a "latest rig" around it, I assume I should pick this up for that instead of the Xbox if best graphics are what I want?
Im not versed enough on the 650 or what res your playing at but I just stuck a 660ti in my wife's machine and im sure that would push 1200 or 1080 at ultra at an acceptable frame rate. So if you know your card can push it. I would get for the PC as graphically it far superior then what you can achieve on Ps3 or 360.

lindz

#DDs
I have a 5 series and am running it at 1920x1080 on ultimate/ultra with no problems at all.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meh, already at 95%, with the max level perks you don't really need a guide for that. The hardest part is finding the little quirks related to each zone (blow up 10 land mines, burn x flags etc) some of them look like you may not be able to complete if you didn't do it before the zone was blocked off however. When I have more time I'll have to check more thoroughly.