Tool might eventually release a new album someday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I'll give it a listen. They deserve that much. I wasn't a big fan of 10,000 Days though.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I feel the same way. Im kind of liking all of Maynards side projects though. And I definitely liked Perfect Circle more than tool as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
No way. Tool is Maynard's best work. I listen to 10,000 Days the least of all their albums but it by no means is bad. This is exciting news. If only because a tour will follow.

lanludar

Silver Squire
No way. Tool is Maynard's best work. I listen to 10,000 Days the least of all their albums but it by no means is bad. This is exciting news. If only because a tour will follow.
Now to pray to god I can grab a ticket in the 45 seconds they take to sell out.

Bacon_sl

shitlord
Was I the only one expecting a more dramatic announcement? I thought Maynard would descend from the rolling hills of his vineyard, clutching the album like the tablets of testimony, then immediately snort coke off the asses of 3 midget strippers twerking.

Still, this news pleases me.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'll check it out, they were my favorite band in high school and Aenima and Lateralus are still two of my favorite albums that I rarely listen to. I liked APC, but Puscifer fucking sucked.

Tortfeasor

Molten Core Raider
diego-wtf-juggo.gif

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Lateralus is overrated, a lot of filler on that album... they tried to hide mediocre song writing by having longer songs. Aenima is their masterpiece. But after 10,000 days I can't really get hyped for this.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
Lateralus is overrated, a lot of filler on that album... they tried to hide mediocre song writing by having longer songs. Aenima is their masterpiece. But after 10,000 days I can't really get hyped for this.
Yes... you're obviously an expert on songwriting and know what is and isn't "mediocre".

0fMtGP6.gif

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Nostrovia;286663 said:
Yes... you're obviously an expert on songwriting and know what is and isn't "mediocre".

Holy shit dude, its mediocre toHIM. Music is subjective.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
I think Lateralus is one of the best albums ever made. And I am by no means a Tool fan. Nothing wrong with Aenima though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Holy shit dude, its mediocre toHIM. Music is subjective.
This is why I hate Tool fans with a burning passion.

Actual transcript follows:

Tool Fan - Hey did you like the new Tool album?
Me - I wasn't super impressed, I feel the lyrics are fairly emo and the songs are a bit long for my taste but it sounds ok.
Tool Fan - You know what? Fuck you, that's what. Why do I even hang out with stupid pieces of shit like you. Fuck off man, Maynard would tear your head off and shit down your neck if he was here right now. Fuck off.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I must be the only person here that thoroughly liked 10,000 days. From start to finish, I enjoyed every song on the album and thought a few of them like Jambi and Rosetta Stoned were some of the best songs they have done period, on any album.

• 1Solidarity

zombiewizardhawk

Potato del Grande
Actual transcript follows:

Tool Fan - Hey did you like the new Tool album?
Me - It's a garbage album full of mediocre song writing and more filler than Naruto and Bleach combined.
Tool Fan - I mean, you could've just said it wasn't for you...
FTFY.

On topic, can't wait for the album. Lateralus was the first Tool I heard, still love it. I like all their other albums too. APC is hit and miss for me, I like a lot of the songs but not as much as I enjoy Tool.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I must be the only person here that thoroughly liked 10,000 days. From start to finish, I enjoyed every song on the album and thought a few of them like Jambi and Rosetta Stoned were some of the best songs they have done period, on any album.
Nope, I love 10,000 Days, although I will admit it took a little while to grow on me. Rosetta Stoned is one of my favorite songs to watch them play live. ?nima is my favorite album for nostalgia reasons, and I think musically Lateralus was their best work.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Nostrovia;286827 said:
You're right it is. However, to say it was "mediocresong writing" is different than saying you didn't like it.
a.) If you had said his music was better you would have a leg to stand on because most of the members have extensive background playing classical music. They are truly great musicians. The music being technically good is objective while the songwriting is subjective.

b.) You cannot say that song writing isn't subjective and one could easily say that Tool's is mediocre. This is just the title track. Many of their songs aren't greatly written at all. You can like it. It can still be good music but it can be mediocre songwriting at the same time.

"Lateralus"

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn beyond the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must
Feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Black then white are all I see in my infancy.
red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me.
lets me see there is so much more
and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities.
As below, so above and beyond, I imagine
drawn outside the lines of reason.
Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind.

Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line.
Reaching out to embrace the random.
Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself
between the sounds and open wide to suck it in.
I feel it move across my skin.
I'm reaching up and reaching out.
I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me.
And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been.
We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going..