Tool might eventually release a new album someday

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
On a note related to the actual album, I think I underrated Fear Innoculum originally. I've been listening to it a lot over the past week and it's pretty fucking good. Sure, it's no Lateralus or Aenima, but it's really starting to grow on me. A lot like 10,000 Days did - which I didn't care for at all, initially.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
FI beat out Lateralus for me after listening to it like 6 hours straight on a 500mcg dose of LSD. I just closed my eyes and jammed to the music, descending is my favorite so far off the album, that can always change though.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
FI beat out Lateralus for me after listening to it like 6 hours straight on a 500mcg dose of LSD. I just closed my eyes and jammed to the music, descending is my favorite so far off the album, that can always change though.
Yeah, they were Pavarti's Tears Needle Point bt GammaGoblin, such a clean trip, just got pretty intense. If you don't know whom GammaGoblin is, basically he is the Leonard Pickard of the 2010's-2021+. The Fractal Storm is damn good too, just as good as the needle point tbh.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I won't ever fuck with LSD because of it's possible schizophrenia triggering side-effects, but I did spend a good portion of my FI listening mildly high on weed. Although, 100% of Tool albums are improved by being high on THC. I don't think FI will ever reach Lateralus (too much nostalgia attached) levels for me, but I definitely rate it higher than Undertow and it might even be better than 10,000 Days for me.

I really hated how understated Maynard's vocals were on initial listens to FI, but now I've really come to appreciate how heavily featured the instrumentals are. It really allows you to better appreciate the goddamn insane level of talent Carrey has. Invincible might be a top 3 or 4 Tool song for me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I won't ever fuck with LSD because of it's possible schizophrenia triggering side-effects, but I did spend a good portion of my FI listening mildly high on weed. Although, 100% of Tool albums are improved by being high on THC. I don't think FI will ever reach Lateralus (too much nostalgia attached) levels for me, but I definitely rate it higher than Undertow and it might even be better than 10,000 Days for me.

I really hated how understated Maynard's vocals were on initial listens to FI, but now I've really come to appreciate how heavily featured the instrumentals are. It really allows you to better appreciate the goddamn insane level of talent Carrey has. Invincible might be a top 3 or 4 Tool song for me.
I can defiantly understand the nostalgic value of Lateralus. I wish I saw them touring during their prime Lateralus tours, missed the Bonnaroo chance, saw Metallica next year :roleseyes: though.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
These reaction videos are a guilty pleasure of mine too. I suspect some of them are fake, but it's really fun watching someone who really loves music experiencing a great song for the first time. Have gone down that rabbit hole on YouTube a few times.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
I'm so damn jelly. Hope you have a fucking blast!
I am so fucking pissed, I got an email say they had a technical error and sold too many Gold VIP tickets in Tampa and one of mine was one. So we are going to see how this works out.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
Ticketmaster fuckup?
That's why I am so fucking upset, the box office from Tampa called me today, I wonder what tickets they are going to try to sell me. Because the ones on the floor, like 2 left when I looked were 1,500. I had paid 1 grand less and got 100x the perks with the VIP. I have Silver for Salt Lake City as backup and KC Bronze as a backup. They cancel my fucking tickets, I will cancel mine too if I decided to not go to any of those shows. I am extremely upset with how it was handled, not professional at all. KRAKRA

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Fuck I wonder if my Tool Army account still works.

"suckingmedry" was my screen name iirc bahahaha

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Quick blurb toward the end about Carey and others going to watch Meshugga

Carey plays and rando Jazz clubs

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

MrHolland420

KRA! KRA!
<Silver Donator>
It's nothing, they better not fuck up those arms, I am sure they are insured. Nobody would give a damn, I don't give a fuck, I have been arrested before, it sucks. I don't think he is going to have any problems, just make sure you have a purple pen, or he won't sign your shit. He must of have been of HIGH HIGH HIGH, I rolled deep in muddy waters! Ya'll just let me know when you think FI is better than Lateralus, just by a little bit. FI is bigger brother and that is just IMHO. Opinions are like assholes and everybody else's stinks.