Top Chef - Seattle

Sheldon fucked up Tempura twice? errf, it's a staple of local cooking, he knows better. Hope he finds some confidence, I need him to take it all.

Neph_sl

shitlord
I totally forgot that

they don't say who wins last chance kitchen until the finale. What a cock tease. I'm sure Krisin won though.

I want Sheldon to win (mostly because he's Filipino), but I wouldn't be upset if anyone else won (Brooke, Kristin, or Lizzie)

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If Kirsten doesn't win LCK I am going to rage. It's pretty crazy how good Brooke has gotten lately. She has won almost every challenge the last few episodes. Would love to see her vs. Kirsten and Sheldon in the finale.

Man, poor CJ.They keep dragging him back in just to get destroyed - first based on his cooking skills, but then public opinion. I'm thrilled Kristen has made it this far, as she was eliminated way too soon. Really hope the finale is down to her and Brooke. We haven't had a female Top Chef winner since season 4.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
This season has honestly been all the way down there with season 5 where Hosea won with how bad the overall talent has been. Brooke is more deserving than that dude was, but I think overall she's just solid and safe. I like Sheldon but he stays in his comfort zone just as much and makes dumb mistakes. Kristen definitely seemed like the best at executing under pressure, but went home early and I hate the whole generate web traffic LCK thing.

Every other season but 5 and this one always has at least one person who I end up at some level following what they do after the show (for vacations to NYC or whatever).

Shows losing viewers each season so I would expect it to get even more gimmicky for a few more before finally shutting down. And honestly that's too bad because I think it was a really entertaining competition for a while there.

Does Padma annoy anyone else in these later seasons? I preferred it when she acted more like a host rather than a judge. I get shes been involved with culinary media for a long time but I don't think she has ever worked in a kitchen, which makes me take her criticisms less seriously than the people around her that have been there before. Oh well she's still nice to look at.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Man I wanted to rage when they didn't show the winner of LCK. Hopefully it's Kristen. Brooke has been tearing it up lately and she's been zero drama all season so wouldn't mind seeing either of them win it. My only gripe with the entire season is the episode where Kristen got steamrolled by Jodie and kicked off. I think Padma generally has good comments to make on food and she can be pretty funny once in a while, plus she's pretty hot, so she's a keeper IMO.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Brooke.. dem pig tails... mm

rrr_img_13468.jpg

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I also am not fond of Padma getting bitchy with the chefs at Judge's table. She's the host, not a food expert. Let the judges do the judging IMO.

Ceowulff

Blackwing Lair Raider
The last chance kitchen cocktease was brutal... Kristen better be in the finale.

If she gets in I would be ok with any of the three winning, Brooke and Kristen were the 2 best in this season and sheldon is a good chef and seems to be the coolest member of the cast this year.

While we didn't have a clear cut favorite, I think Kristen would have been that clear cut favorite if she hadn't been kicked because of Josie sucking ass.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
This season has honestly been all the way down there with season 5 where Hosea won with how bad the overall talent has been. Brooke is more deserving than that dude was, but I think overall she's just solid and safe. I like Sheldon but he stays in his comfort zone just as much and makes dumb mistakes. Kristen definitely seemed like the best at executing under pressure, but went home early and I hate the whole generate web traffic LCK thing.

Every other season but 5 and this one always has at least one person who I end up at some level following what they do after the show (for vacations to NYC or whatever).

Shows losing viewers each season so I would expect it to get even more gimmicky for a few more before finally shutting down. And honestly that's too bad because I think it was a really entertaining competition for a while there.

Does Padma annoy anyone else in these later seasons? I preferred it when she acted more like a host rather than a judge. I get shes been involved with culinary media for a long time but I don't think she has ever worked in a kitchen, which makes me take her criticisms less seriously than the people around her that have been there before. Oh well she's still nice to look at.
Yes, 100% yes. She's been very vocal this season. I wonder if she's always been this way and they just started cutting it for the show.

spronk

FPS noob
padma is the average viewers viewpoint, I don't know shit about technique or "flavor profiles" or the other things a lot of the chef judges talk about, and I trust her opinions at this point after 11 seasons having eaten hundreds and hundreds of dishes. That said, she can come off very snarky but she is absolutely hilarious when hammered, thats happened a lot more this season than in the past.

She apparently had a friars roast recently with Pork Jesus MC'ing, I hope that gets on the air sometime.

This season kinda dragged on, I liked all the chefs but none had domineering personalities except CJ, GlassesOnHeadGuy, Stefan and Josie. Blaise, Voltaggios, Jen, Mike Iz, Spike, etc all had exxxxtremely, passionate opinions about everything and it came through in everything they did, by contrast most of these guys are pretty chill and professional. Not the most interesting season, but well executed and no extremely stupid challenges like last years PeeWee or DigOutYourFood finale.

They definitely need another all stars season though, those are the best. In fact I'd love to see all the season winners compete for an Ultimate Top Chef, which I am sure is in the makings.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I haven't seen any LCK since it's blocked to australia but I'm wondering if the judging involving Kristen has been affected at all by judges thinking she shouldn't have gone when she did. I know it's filmed at the same time, not saying that they base it on what they have seen since but rather that they knew they wanted to send Josie home but couldn't due to Kristen's stance in judges table and so perhaps the judging has been a little biased in her favour to try and get her back in and then see how it ends up.

First EP outta the gate this season the Simon Cowell-ness was ratcheted up with Tom and Padma. Probably all editing, but the tone was 'no slack will be cut'. Outside of the show interviews with Padma she always sounds really apologetic to players she has gonged. I haven't read Tom's blog this season, but he was always explaining how things actually went down compared to how the show made it seem. fake drama is fake.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I feel bad for Sheldon but this is the finale I wanted to see. Whoever wins will be deserving IMO.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I think all three were deserving. I don't know what Sheldon was thinking not cooking his own food though.