Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm going to see it in the theater, and tbh I'm only paying because I want to experience everything aviation related in full fuckin surround sound and a screen the size of my apartment

F-15 > both
Aesthetically, F-16 > all. The only cooler looking airframe than the F-16 is the Su-27.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
Saw this on imax, first 3 minutes is a 2020 remake of the first 3 minutes of the first movie with f18s and f35s, complete with highway to the danger zone.

1653699618586.gif

• 4Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Saw this on imax, first 3 minutes is a 2020 remake of the first 3 minutes of the first movie with f18s and f35s, complete with highway to the danger zone.

View attachment 414424

Movie was brilliant!

The way they handled Goose, Iceman, etc, all wonderful. Minimal side relationship shit, Cruise was awesome, the flights were beautiful, stressful, etc. It was a truly good movie.

Honestly in the day of basically only superhero movies existing, THANK GOD, for Tom Cruise and his awesome movies.

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 8 users

faille

Molten Core Raider
I'm going to see it in the theater, and tbh I'm only paying because I want to experience everything aviation related in full fuckin surround sound and a screen the size of my apartment

F-15 > both
aren't they pretty much the same aircraft?

• 1Rustled
  • 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Really great movie, loved the graphics with the Darkstar speed run.

Was happy to see a movie that didn't force any emotional scenes, it definitely flowed better than most modern movies.

The F-14 bit was typical hollywood but what do you expect, lol.

RIP Iceman.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I just got home from seeing this. One of my co-workers saw the early Tuesday release and said "It's great". I figured it would be quite entertaining, but god damn. This was terrific. I REALLY enjoyed this one. So much better than the first. It hit all the notes to make for a great movie. And I'm quite pleased with the results. No spoilers at all, but holy shit this was fantastic.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Kaines

Potato Supreme
10/10

Coming from someone who saw the original in theaters and loved it as well.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
How does all this really work with Marines being a departments of the Navy? If you look up how many F-35 or Hornets in each branch is way different between the two. Marine is listed having a fuck ton more than the Navy for F 35

Kaines

Potato Supreme
How does all this really work with Marines being a departments of the Navy? If you look up how many F-35 or Hornets in each branch is way different between the two. Marine is listed having a fuck ton more than the Navy for F 35
As a former Marine once told me: "The Marines are a department of the Navy.... The men's department."

• 7Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
As a former Marine once told me: "The Marines are a department of the Navy.... The men's department."
I'm ex Marines but I figured their aircraft would fall under Navy but that doesn't seem to be the case, trying to look it up the Marines have around 100 more F-35 and if you combined Marines/Navy they technically might have a bigger air force than the actual Air Force

Also numbers look a lot different when you look at combat fighter jets, transport ect

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Marine F-18's I believe are mostly if not all the older C/D models so more ripe for F-35 replacement.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Really good movie for my first 4DX experience. Enjoyed both the 4DX and the movie, wasn't sure what to expect exactly when I sat down and saw this, lol:

1653786728478.png

It even snowed in the theater at one point.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Great Review
Reactions: 3 users