Top Gun: Maverick (2020)

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
How does all this really work with Marines being a departments of the Navy? If you look up how many F-35 or Hornets in each branch is way different between the two. Marine is listed having a fuck ton more than the Navy for F 35
F35 is the harrier replacement and the marine version is vstol. It deploys on amphibs, though they still have F18s (a-d) they are mostly land based.

Navy F35 is the F18 (a-d) replacement and its taking a lot longer to modify for navy use (carrier landing, suped up landing gears, tail hooks, folding wings, etc) plus the way the engine is replaced and its sheer size has meant changing our logistics aircraft to support it.

Its so behind basically the navy said fuck it and replaced a-ds with more e/fs.

Its a long standing joke but yes the navy has more airplanes than the air force. Also The army has more ships than the navy.

But the air force has more 5 star hotels and restaurants than all other branches combined.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
I love the 22 but the 23 is the best plane never built
iu

About as sexy as a drink coaster

• 2Worf
  • 1Picard
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 3 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
10/10 , goddamn this movie was awesome! Go see it in a theater. Also , Jennifer Connelly is still smoking hot.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
A fucking plus. Absolutely worth the IMAX. End sequence was great. Just enough member berries.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
10/10 , goddamn this movie was awesome! Go see it in a theater. Also , Jennifer Connelly is still smoking hot.
She looked amazing in this. But just remember, this was filmed WAY BACK in '18. So... 4 years is a huge anchor on a woman.

• 2Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

The Morrigan

Potato del Grande
A sequel done right, for once. While not as good as the original, it definitely delivered.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
F35 is the harrier replacement and the marine version is vstol. It deploys on amphibs, though they still have F18s (a-d) they are mostly land based.

Navy F35 is the F18 (a-d) replacement and its taking a lot longer to modify for navy use (carrier landing, suped up landing gears, tail hooks, folding wings, etc) plus the way the engine is replaced and its sheer size has meant changing our logistics aircraft to support it.

Its so behind basically the navy said fuck it and replaced a-ds with more e/fs.

Its a long standing joke but yes the navy has more airplanes than the air force. Also The army has more ships than the navy.

But the air force has more 5 star hotels and restaurants than all other branches combined.
Pretty much. I remember meetings probably back as far as 2015 where they expected the F/A-18's down to just one carrier squadron by 2024. Every year it'd get pushed back more. Last meetings I went to it was in the 2030s. They are up to one F-35 squadron on the carriers now though!

That said, the Navy doesn't fly legacy hornets at all anymore. The F-35 is a Super replacement. I believe the Blue Angels were the last to transition off them. The only ones still flying them are the Marines (D only) and foreign militaries. The only place the Navy still flies them is the test squadrons for development for those entities.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Everyone I know that has seen this loves it.
So rare.
I'm tired of hearing how good this is and sitting on the sidelines until my friends have time off. This is one of the only movies I have to watch with my old friends

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Went and saw it today with the wife, and tried to lower my expectations because of all the praise it was getting. Absolutely did not disappoint. Loved every bit of it.

The action was top notch, the flight scenes were fantastic, the callbacks to the original were great, the love story was absolutely minimal, everything just went together great. Absolutely A+ movie.

Do not wait to see this at home. You've got to see it in the theater, the sounds are amazing.

• 3Like

Homsar

Went and saw it today with the wife, and tried to lower my expectations because of all the praise it was getting. Absolutely did not disappoint. Loved every bit of it.

The action was top notch, the flight scenes were fantastic, the callbacks to the original were great, the love story was absolutely minimal, everything just went together great. Absolutely A+ movie.

Do not wait to see this at home. You've got to see it in the theater, the sounds are amazing.
Fuck you bastards, I will say the only people that have negged the movie were from cams or never watched the original

• 1Like

Demon Hunter

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Wife loved it but always lost interest watching the original, until this. Came home and she popped it on. Then it hit me who Penny was. The fucking Admiral's daughter the capt was giving maverick shit over in his quarters. Prob only one that didn't connect the dots but....

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't really go to movies anymore, the last one being Endgame, but before that the first Star Trek remake all the way back in 2009.

I was absolutely excited for this one, no doubt, due to my connections to the community, but I hadn't really planned on going to an actual theater. I figured it'd be just an okay movie with a bunch of nostalgia. But damn, I think we'll have to go check it out. Sounds like Cruise really knocked it out of the park here. And I don't think I've ever seen a "unenjoyable" Tom Cruise movie.

• 1Solidarity

Homsar

Few hours for this, sucks I couldn't get the better theatre but everyone has wife and or kids. Throwing on the soundtrack in 2 hours to warm up

IMG20220530125932__01.jpg

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
The best little thing in the movie for me. Jennifer Connely's character. The fact that walking out of the theater I had to explain to people a few times that she was not replacing Kelly McGillis. I would then tell them when her name was dropped in the Originial, and most had a head slap reaction to not figuring it out themselves.

Admiral's Daughter 37 seconds

• 3Like

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Also mentioned again when Goose's wife is hanging at the bar with Charlie.

At the 17 second mark.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity

Homsar

Just got back it's one of the rare times a sequel works. Trailer paints a different picture

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users