Torchlight III

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
The class choices are so bizarre and nothing I wish to play.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
What the hell is this?
1587656683980.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, not sure what you guys are seeing that's giving you pause? If anything, they went from an unattractive business model (Frontiers) to a much more attractive sequel business model (Torchlight 3).j

Edit: re: the last trailer. I used to dismiss base building type features as unnecessary and wasted dev time that came at the expense of content and more desirable features. The reality is that it's pretty low cost development-wise as you already have the assets and the tools as part of the dev kit. And as a player, I like having a trophy area to show off my accomplishments.

Edit2: Also, historically Torchlight has been $20 at release making it pretty easy to pull the trigger. When Torchlight 2 came out I actually bought two copies and gave it to my friend so I'd have a buddy to play with.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

I cannot believe how far off my radar this game has fallen.
With adverts like these, they are going to sell tens of copies in the all important candy crush mom demographic.

• 1Worf

goishen

Macho Ma'am
Yah, I mean, meh. For people like me, I don't like the idea of having personal housing. Not because I'm against the idea, but just because I've got no friends (RL or otherwise) who'll come in and look at it. It becomes more of a junk repository rather than a beautiful home base.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Once you go play it you will see there is nothing that makes you want to keep playing. The classes and abilities are underwhelming, weird and not fun.

• 1Dislike

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Could be made for consoles. Didn’t wii have something similar, home thingie?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I donno, I got dungeon 3’esque vibes from it, fun. Could be just another aspect of the game. Something D3 misses.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I think the dusk mage and the machine golem classes could have been potentially good

Chris

Potato del Grande
Torchlight always had slightly weird classes/lore and not in a good way, like they are trying too hard to be different.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Just got notified its out in Early Access. Gonna pick it up and see if its worth a shit (first two were pretty solid).

• 1Like

Caliane

Just got notified its out in Early Access. Gonna pick it up and see if its worth a shit (first two were pretty solid).
it is?

no its not worth it then, I can stop you right there. I checked its progress last month or so. and, its better then it was.... but was still MILES away from a being a worthwhile game.

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
it is?

no its not worth it then, I can stop you right there. I checked its progress last month or so. and, its better then it was.... but was still MILES away from a being a worthwhile game.
I think you misread - he’s saying it’s available to play as an early access title. But when I first read it I saw “out of early access” too.