Torrents

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
Wasn't sure where to post this, I need help finding this book : Michael Wilcox "Blue and yellow don't make green : how to mix colors". I tried all the usual trackers but with demonoid gone, some of this shit is hard to find.

Cor_sl

shitlord
TorrentLeech, of course, but I'm not sure if you'd really want that as just a backup, you have to make a pretty big effort there. PirateTheNet is probably the easiest as far as maintaining ratio, whereas from what I understand PassThePopcorn is one of the best, but I just joined last night so I can't really say. It clearly has a TON of movies, including old ones (right now they have a theme going on where you get extra bonus points or whatever for uploading old horror movies, so the place is flooded with awesome B-movie horror), but I don't know how hard the ratio will be to maintain. At first guess I'd probably say difficult. SceneAccess (SCC) seems to get a pretty good review everywhere, but I rarely use it, just grab a torrent here or there to stay active.
I grabbed an invite for PTP and x264.me. Between those sites and HDBits, I should be covered. Thanks for the info.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I have an invite to this as well to give out if anyone wants it. I'll also state that it is in fact much better than IPT for television in general. They tend to get the episodes faster and like he said no stupid H&R rules. Just maintain a decent ratio and don't be a shithead and it's all good.
Hook me up with an invite, I'd like to check it out because I'm looking for a good TV tracker for non-major tv series.

Re: IPT
Fuck their HnR shit. Not that I'm in any trouble with them (4.1+ ratio, 2 TB download credit) but I just burned 2k download points on them though. The list of "torrents that need to be seeded" changes daily on me. Sometimes it lists 20 of them then refresh the browser and there are zero. I probably burnt points on something twice. Fucking dumb system and I've complaint a few times.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
You're deleting the torrents from your client when you zap them, right? Because if you zap them, but they are still announcing in your client (every torrent announces itself periodically, to refresh your UL/DL stats, which might also be why your list keeps changing), it refreshes the fact that you are seeding them, so the next time you aren't seeding them for whatever reason, they'll show up as a HnR again. You HAVE to delete them from your client or you're just wasting your points.

What I just went and did is sorted by tracker so I had all my IPT torrents in a row, and went down the list and deleted every single one of them that was below 1:1 ratio, waited an hour or two, and then zapped them all. Now the only ones left are already 1:1, so even if my client shuts down I won't get a HnR. Eventually I'll just turn that entire computer off once I have enough going on my seedbox, but for now I might as well keep racking up the bonus points.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Well, my point is, that as soon as you open your client again and all those torrents announce themselves back to IPT, it is going to think you are seeding them again, regardless of if you zapped them already or not. So once it thinks you are seeding them again, when you stop yet again, they'll be listed as HnR's once more. Unless you never plan on opening your torrent client again, you're just wasting points unless you delete them. It says the same thing I'm telling you on the zap page too, just in case I'm not being clear.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I know. I'm saying I've zapped them. Never opened up the client, and then they pop up again somehow. Or ones I've deleted from my client, zapped them, then they come back.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
To late, I've already traded my invite for moderator status.
rrr_img_36937.jpg

Cor_sl

shitlord
Quite tempted to swap over to the new Whatbox FlexNL plan. $15 a month for 360gb of space and 2tb of upload credit is a damn good deal (https://whatbox.ca/plans/flexnl). Anyone on here using the NL boxes? If so, how are you finding the service?

Edit - Feralhosting look promising, too (feralhosting.com). 400gb, around the same price as Whatbox, but upload speeds are more than 3x quicker. Anyone used them before?

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Quite tempted to swap over to the new Whatbox FlexNL plan. $15 a month for 360gb of space and 2tb of upload credit is a damn good deal (https://whatbox.ca/plans/flexnl). Anyone on here using the NL boxes? If so, how are you finding the service?

Edit - Feralhosting look promising, too (feralhosting.com). 400gb, around the same price as Whatbox, but upload speeds are more than 3x quicker. Anyone used them before?
Currently using a Whatbox that's in the Netherlands. Used Feralhosting in the past.

Both are excellent.

The largest thing that people don't factor in is seedbox->seedbox transfers, which aren't metered by bandwidth regulations and usually happen almost instantly. That's where the real moneymaker is for me. I primarily use it as a ratio gainer on more popular torrent sites. And since whatbox is a more popular choice, there's a higher likelihood of seedbox->seedbox transfers. Which translates into more ratio.

However, feralhosting had better options in terms of power-user options. True control over your server and the ability to forge it into whatever you want. Whatbox is more of a specialized gated-community.

Cor_sl

shitlord
Currently using a Whatbox that's in the Netherlands. Used Feralhosting in the past.

Both are excellent.

The largest thing that people don't factor in is seedbox->seedbox transfers, which aren't metered by bandwidth regulations and usually happen almost instantly. That's where the real moneymaker is for me. I primarily use it as a ratio gainer on more popular torrent sites. And since whatbox is a more popular choice, there's a higher likelihood of seedbox->seedbox transfers. Which translates into more ratio.

However, feralhosting had better options in terms of power-user options. True control over your server and the ability to forge it into whatever you want. Whatbox is more of a specialized gated-community.
Great, thanks for the info. I think I'll go for the whatbox.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
I use whatbox from the NL. If your in the states makes sure your ftp client can do segmented downloading, you will not get your full download speed across the pond without it. For files that mare made up of multiple rars you can do multi-thread which works fine, but for large single file items you need the client to support segmenting.

http://filesharefreak.com/2010/03/10...ed-downloading

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

Huh. Were those flex plans there a week or two ago? Because I'd have probably picked that, but I don't remember seeing it. I may have to switch my plan over at the end of the month to one of those. I am nowhere near using up the upload bandwidth on my Heat plan, and doubt I'd use all of the Flex plan either. I like the bigger hard drive simply because I don't have to pay attention to it much, and I can leave stuff seeding a lot longer on places that I'm having difficulty getting ratio. I'm super happy with my Whatbox so far, but I'd love that cheaper plan even more I think.

Lusiphur

Peasant
Whatbox plan to migrate all Flex plans to the new standard as I understand it. they just started with the NL ones.

Tripamang

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

I can't speak for whatbox, but feral hosting can provide some pretty shit speeds to north america. They can provide a test file to you to test your speeds to the servers and I recommend testing that before you make the plunge (I don't see it on their website anymore, you might have to ask their support for it). I personally have a cheap dedicated leaseweb server that I share with a few people for my stuff, it's the same provider that whatbox is reselling. OVH servers should be avoided at all costs as they recently booted all of the seedbox providers off their network and they do scanning to identify people using torrents and then limit the server to 10mbit.