Torrents

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
For Ebooks, this was posted on the old site

1. DL a irc client (chatzilla for firefox works well enough)

2. irc://irc.irchighway.net/

3. /join #ebooks

4. follow the rules
Do this. Seriously, if you want a steady source of books, you won't find anything better except someone to do it for you.

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
fucking hate the new cycle of "scene" movie releases, its now some shitty russian bluray with a shitty english audio track (usually from a telesync source), then a fucked up R1/R2 bluray rip that is cropped or some other problem, and then finally a good bluray rip. Nice thing is if you aren't in a rush the good movies make it to IPT on freeleech eventually, the best are the big 1080p packs.

Like Dredd for example, I've pre-ordered the 3d version on amazon ($20) to support it but its not shipping till next week. All the ones I've seen on trackers are 1920x800, shouldn't it be 1920x1080? I don't want some fucked up version.
1920x800 is just the black bars not being counted, It's still 1920x1080.

Cor_sl

shitlord
I've been looking for a decent ebook torrent site for a while and have yet to find one. The standard answer is usually newsgroups/usenet, but I've honestly just been too lazy to get set up with that, since you have to actually subscribe to a plan from a provider.
I use this Google custom search engine to find books -http://www.google.com/cse/home?cx=00...59:a1-kkiboeco

It turns up about 99% of the books I search for.

I have access to bibliotik but it's not too great. I'd throw you an invite over but I don't have any, unfortunately.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Got 4 IPT invites left. PM me if you need one and won't have a shitty ratio!
tongue.png

Spaniel_sl

shitlord
Anyone recommend a good site for Software Programs? I was using Demonoid but of course that was shut down. The Pirate Bay seems to be shit for me.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i've got a what.cd invite to give to someone who can guarantee me they will keep an exquisite ratio. i have only received one before and i gave it to my old roommate who has like a .22 ratio and i think is fucking me over from getting invites in the future.

so, i need someone who is going to counter balance his shittiness and get my invitee ratio back in good order.

Kinkle_sl

shitlord
what.cd isn't even worth it. Downloaders are stingy because they themselves have no ability to gain ratio, which means that it's impossible for you to upload, which makes it impossible to gain ratio, so in the end you can't download anything. I think I'd rather pay for my music and audiobooks than attempt what.cd again. Which is irrelevant in any case because while they might have the most comprehensive library, it's far from being the only one. There are better options.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
what.cd isn't even worth it. Downloaders are stingy because they themselves have no ability to gain ratio, which means that it's impossible for you to upload, which makes it impossible to gain ratio, so in the end you can't download anything. I think I'd rather pay for my music and audiobooks than attempt what.cd again. Which is irrelevant in any case because while they might have the most comprehensive library, it's far from being the only one. There are better options.
glad you don't find it appealing, people like you are a drain on the community there.

gaining ratio isn't hard if you're not a fucking idiot. go on a mega download spree during a freeleech and let the upload credits roll in. worst case scenario, convert some .flac to .mp3. or, god forbid, upload something new?

yes, these things require a bit of effort. not much though. it's a very small price for access to the most comprehensive music library in the world. i'm curious to what you think these "better options" are. please show me another site where i can download scores of world-class quality vinyl transfers for free.

anyway, i'm done. have fun on thepiratebay.org and iTunes, faggot.

Cor_sl

shitlord
You don't need to seed to get ratio on what.cd. The easiest way to get upload credit is to fill requests. I just had a look and found a request with a 40gb bounty. It was on sale at Amazon.co.uk for ?1.25. So, I ordered the CD and it'll be here in a few days. That's an easy 40gb of upload credit for little to no effort.

Edit - And I just found another one. 18gb bounty for a ?2.35 cd.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm an old fuck and don't download music anymore, ever. i have 85 of those freeleech tokens on what.cd, whats a good thing to use em on before they expire? audiobooks?

one thing I dislike about IPT is their new zap system or whatever, if you don't seed 1:1 you have to burn 50 bonus points. Ive got like 40k bonus points so idgaf, but its a bit annoying. Its good to have movie/TV backups though, its only a matter of time before IPT gets shut down. Hardest part is remembering to login to all your unused torrent sites so they don't ban your account for inactivity.