Torrents

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have the Upload and all the rest of the requirements to get class upgrades, I am just always lacking snatches. (gotta be a pun there)

Any advice how to quickly grab a crapload of low file size torrents to up the snatch count? Most shows go to season packs after a while.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Nothing you can do (that I'm aware of) except look for a bunch of short shows that are currently mid-season and then use the Series Collector on the right side. Click the "Episode" box and whatever options you desire (SD resolution will be a lot smaller, obviously) and it will download a zip file of the matching torrent files for all the episodes currently available. It is much faster than clicking and saving individually on each episode, unless you don't care about file size and maybe use a download manager to just download every .torrent file on the page, that could work too. EDIT: Just tried it, and if you only click the episodes button and make no selections, it will download every version of every episode in the zip.

Oh, and stuff like Mike Tyson Mysteries and other 10-minute Adult Swim stuff is always a good option. For the 5 episodes of MTM out right now, you can get over 20 snatches right there. Only problem is that right now the tracker is still acting up so it might take a little while for all of them to go through, and for the Hit&Runs to clear (I have my first ever right now, even though it is seeding).

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, regarding the tracker issues we discusses yesterday, when I went home and checked my H&R page and the stuff I was seeding, all of them listed as complete. Not sure if the DDOS is effecting certain regions only? (I am in the middle east in Qatar)

Thanks for the episode tips!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not sure, my seedbox is in Netherlands and is showing invalid tracker for every single torrent from that site, but green across the board for all the others.

I decided to go ahead and boost my snatches (hah) due to your post so I can get the next user level now. I did the episode thing on 3 programs that totaled 100 episodes. If you're interested, they are Squidbillies, Mike Tyson Mysteries, and Tim & Eric's Bedtime Stories. All 15 minutes or less.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like they will be downloading anytime soon due to my invalid tracker issue, but hopefully in the next day or two I'll be Master level and have unlimited invites, for those that inquired earlier.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Thanks for the info earlier, no rush but based on what many are saying I'd like another option.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I have the Upload and all the rest of the requirements to get class upgrades, I am just always lacking snatches. (gotta be a pun there)

Any advice how to quickly grab a crapload of low file size torrents to up the snatch count? Most shows go to season packs after a while.
If you upload something, any download of that counts as a snatch for you - so if you get 500 downloads of your file, you get 500 snatches.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've never uploaded a torrent to any site. I would think there is a dedicated group of people on a TV rip site that are churning them out FAR quicker that I ever would after a program airs.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Usually there are, but you have to remember that these are mostly "scene" rips, and scene people have their own private sites that you and I normally don't have access to, and they typically don't give a fuck about the torrent community, so some other shlub has to actually upload it to the torrent site. Typically that is the same person with quick scene access every time, but not always, and some shows seem to get neglected. I've done that a few times when the only two reality shows I ever watch (America's Got Talent and So You Think You Can Dance) haven't shown up on B-T-N for a day or two. I find it, of all places, on a public site, with a group name attached to it, and then follow the directions and upload it to B-T-N.

There are some fairly specific steps you need to follow, but they have a nice automated page that helps. Just make sure you research whether the group name is a "scene" group or not (there is a page somewhere that you can look at I believe, and for heaven's sake don't change the file name in any way, leave their group name on it); that makes a big difference because not only do they stress getting it right, but people get pissy because their auto-download settings are often based on that. Mine is only set to download scene releases, for example.

Short version, if a show you like doesn't have an episode up yet, if you find it somewhere else, feel free to upload it and get free snatch. No ripping required.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It has been much better the past few days for me (even got my user class upgrade which required me getting 100 more snatches), but it will still shit the bed for a few hours at a time it seems. Just enough to be annoying while waiting for something like the Arrow midseason finale to download.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone see True Tori season 2 on any of their trackers/nzb sites? Not on anything I have, and just wondering if it's been posted anywhere... Usually if it's not on my stuff, it's not anywhere, but thought I would ask.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
What clients are you guys using? I had a seedbox, but once I hit 10tb I killed it . . . and I've been whoring my phone to DL torrents for about a year. But IPT wont let me use my phone, no seedbox . . . so I need a new client.

Utorrent was what I used forever, but now it has ads? Wtf, and not paying 20$ for no ads. I havent used Bittorrent in half a decade . . . etc etc.

Anyway, what is the recommendation?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What clients are you guys using? I had a seedbox, but once I hit 10tb I killed it . . . and I've been whoring my phone to DL torrents for about a year. But IPT wont let me use my phone, no seedbox . . . so I need a new client.

Utorrent was what I used forever, but now it has ads? Wtf, and not paying 20$ for no ads. I havent used Bittorrent in half a decade . . . etc etc.

Anyway, what is the recommendation?
Deluge has been great for me, and works with IPT. There is a thread on IPT about it, but it tracks just fine with them.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I don't think I'll ever understand why so many people insist on using that old ass version of utorrent. Baby duck syndrome I suppose. Upgrade to something new and move on people.