Torrents

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
The calendar is messed up for everyone now and they're trying to fix it. If you use mma-tv-pro.com instead of mma-tv.net, there is a tagboard where people post the channels for a lot of the games when they find them. I haven't tried the XBMC thing yet, but here's something the admin (BigJeff) posted on the tagboard tonight:

[4:03am] BigJeFF: after installing the software/plugin put the plugin.video.mystreamstv.beta-0.8.527.zip in your C: drive now in XMBC select System -> Add-ons click on Install from zip file and click on the .zip file enjoy
[3:48am] anon238682: BigJeff...is there a different plug in than the one on this website? everytime I try to run the plug in it says "script failed! starstreams.tv beta"
I just tried doing this as well and was getting the same error.

Oh, I see now. I was reading those messages backwards. Just went and did that and it appears to be working great.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Hey, aren't we supposed to be in Screener season? I thought October starts all the unreleased screeners coming out.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
So, I have an odd request if anyone can help me out. I can't find the book "Owner's Share" by Nathan Lowell anywhere. The only place I've seen it is myanonamouse but it's a vip torrent and I'm not vip. Anyone lend a hand finding this? Or if someone has vip on mouse download it and hook me up! I've tried pb, ipt, myanon, epubbooks and had no joy.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hey, aren't we supposed to be in Screener season? I thought October starts all the unreleased screeners coming out.
Its been pushing back later and later each year. Last year there wasn't a ton of screeners around until late December/early January once the Oscar nominees were announced. I remember looking for some movies to watch around Thanksgiving break and there wasn't shit. They all showed up much later.

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
I'm not even a power user, so I couldn't even buy VIP with points
Well that sucks bro. Guess I could download it for you and upload it somewhere or email it to you or something. Freeleech is coming up in a few days so just download a bunch of shit and seed it for a while. I basically have infinite bonus points from how many torrents I downloaded on the first freeleech available.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What suggestions do you guys have for someone who very infrequently torrents? Like two or three times a year I'll download a tv show. I did just get a copyright infringement notice from att for downloading something but I'm not sure if it's because I was lazy and just used pirate bay or if I should buy some VPN program and do it that way to avoid this.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What suggestions do you guys have for someone who very infrequently torrents? Like two or three times a year I'll download a tv show. I did just get a copyright infringement notice from att for downloading something but I'm not sure if it's because I was lazy and just used pirate bay or if I should buy some VPN program and do it that way to avoid this.
Almost for sure because you got it from Piratebay. Let me bet, it was a TV show your usenets failed to get?

Edit: And you'll start torrenting much more than you think you will once you get access to a private tracker that has everything. A big one out there now, is IP Torrents. Many here I'm sure could give an invite to it. But they'll have movies and shows much faster than usenets most of the time. I get nearly all my movies from them now, and it's insanely easy to maintain ratio.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Well that sucks bro. Guess I could download it for you and upload it somewhere or email it to you or something. Freeleech is coming up in a few days so just download a bunch of shit and seed it for a while. I basically have infinite bonus points from how many torrents I downloaded on the first freeleech available.
You sire are awesome

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
From everything I am reading, the faggots from IPT are responsible for all the recent DDoS attacks on trackers like B-T-N, PTP, What.CD, etc., probably because they figure if those trackers are down, more people will come to IPT and as a result, more people will donate. Now, I use IPT too, so I'm not saying not to use them, but PLEASE don't anyone donate to them. More than likely they are using much of that money to rent these botnets that are bringing the other trackers down. Furthermore, it is literally the easiest site out there to build up ratio/bonus points, so there should be no reason to have to buy points.

Unfortunately I can't give points to people, because I would just to keep you from donating. I also can't offer to download what you're seeding because unless you're the only seeder, someone else with a faster connection will just end up getting it. But if you need suggestions or tips or anything really, please ask instead of donating. Yeah, I want IPT to stick around because it is incredibly easy to get almost anything I want (and I feel they have the biggest target on their back so when the hammer drops, it will drop on them first), and I realize they need some donations to pay the bills, but I don't want them to profit so much off of it that they fuck with the other (better) trackers out there.

Finally...in another effort to combat those assholes, in another month or so I'll have invites to the best TV only tracker out there, B to the T to the N (just trying to make it harder to google this post). If you are someone that I'd recognize as not likely to fuck it up and ruin my own account, send me a PM if you are interested. If you're not someone I recognize, send me some sort of proof from a tracker besides IPT that you're not a fuckup. Or something else you can think of, whatever. I just don't want some 5 post lurker thinking I'll risk the best account I have on nothing but a promise of good behavior.

Remember, I don't have the invites yet, but probably around Christmas time, so you don't have to send PMs right now. And I reserve the right to refuse you an invite if I'm not satisfied with what you tell me. There are others here with invites, that I won't name, so if you think I'm being a jerk you can ask them, maybe they'll agree that I'm a jackass and give you one. Oh, and finally, please try not to post about it, particularly with their name/initials, because as with all trackers, invites are not supposed to be solicited like this.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should have some invites to send for B-T-N soon too. It's kind of nice TVTorrents folded. I wouldn't have stumbled across this gem.

spronk

FPS noob
there is a simple little trick to IPT to avoid donating and staying off the radar for the movie/HBO people: just seed 10 little torrents 24x7. Stuff like music, comics, ebooks, magazines, etc. Just any 10, doesn't really matter how old they are etc. You get like 200 bonus points a day for doing it. You can now pretty much download anything, remove it from your torrent client the second its done, and spend 50 bonus points to zap it (don't need to seed anymore).

I would definitely not be one of those guys seeding stuff 24x7, even with a seedbox. Trusting a seedbox company to keep your privacy seems naive to me, no matter what they promise.

spronk

FPS noob
are you guys still using BTN while its being DDOS'd (a couple weeks now) or moved off for now? Weirdly enough I'm just using piratebay for TV shows, I doubt any lawyers give a fuck about me downloading shows I can get off their network web sites or hulu. still, hope BTN gets back to normal soon and not sure what to do about the 30+ torrents that still haven't seeded for 24 hours (according to their tracker) but have been in my client for like 4 weeks now
frown.png

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Dunno what you guys are talking about. I've used it every sunday for like weeks? Only problem was that it was taking Walking Dead like 30 mins longer to show up there than on ipt.