Torrents

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
And whatever you do, don't donate money to the shady fuck that owns the site. Hey, I still use the shit out of it too instead of boycotting it (because he's actively trying to shut down other sites), so I realize I'm a hypocrite, but at least don't give him any money. It is super easy to maintain ratio, so if you have a problem, ask us.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, with their bonus point system theres really no reason to ever have a bad ratio on that site, short of extreme laziness.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I could use some advice on a new torrent site. I have been a heavy TPB user for years and am a bit lost now that it is down. I used Easynews.com to supplement TPB over the years but it has a $9.99 a month cost for 120g. I unsubscribed last year and dont want to keep paying a 3rd party. They also did not have comics nor audio books which i am pretty keen on currently.

I have googled a bunch of sites on my own but found a ton shady shit so i was hoping for some advice.
I can help you out with a myanonamouse invite; its decent for books and audiobooks, Will need to seed to maintain ratio for points but its pretty nice. PM me if you are interested - its one of two invites i have available so if anyone else who has knowledge of torrents is interested lemme know.. Might be able to come up with more as i have a hell of a lot of ratio - will keep you posted (if there is interest and i dont think it is an "open tracker" currently).

Lusiphur

Peasant
I could use some advice on a new torrent site. I have been a heavy TPB user for years and am a bit lost now that it is down. I used Easynews.com to supplement TPB over the years but it has a $9.99 a month cost for 120g. I unsubscribed last year and dont want to keep paying a 3rd party. They also did not have comics nor audio books which i am pretty keen on currently.

I have googled a bunch of sites on my own but found a ton shady shit so i was hoping for some advice.
ComicBT for comics. I currently have invites so PM me. Easy enough to keep membership going there as long as you actually seed something.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I have been having trouble staying connectible on ComicBT, using Deluge but I think it is from just trying to seed too many torrents. idk. When I only seed one or two, the carats get updated. When I try to seed 8, no update.

I may just end up getting a seedbox. I download enough that it would be worth it.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I had a seed box for two months. Still have 10tb worth of ratio to burn, and 4000pts. Lol

Definitely worth it imo.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Switching from 30 up, down to 10 up has had a huge impact on seeding. Before, my 30 up was fast enough that I would seed like a champ on most everything. Now, even with 16 torrents seeding, I'm maybe doing a few megs a day, that's it.
frown.png

For anyone on a slower connection, I would for sure recommend a seedbox, so you can get that ratio.

Now I suppose it doesn't matter, because I've got like 9k bonus points... on IPT, but still, would like to get my ratio higher... at 4.35 right now.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I saw TVTorrents recently said they were closed for good. This was after the last few months of vague updates of "beta testing" and whatnot. I'd like to know the story of what happened exactly and why they aren't coming back. It was my go-to site for everything TV related.

However, I managed to get a BTN invite shortly after TVT closed shop. I am perfectly happy with it now and probably wouldn't bother swiching back even if TVT reopened.

That said, BTN has pretty much closed the door on invitations. Seems like only staff, "celebrities", and the highest userclass can invite now.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Yea, I saw TVTorrents recently said they were closed for good. This was after the last few months of vague updates of "beta testing" and whatnot. I'd like to know the story of what happened exactly and why they aren't coming back. It was my go-to site for everything TV related.

However, I managed to get a BTN invite shortly after TVT closed shop. I am perfectly happy with it now and probably wouldn't bother swiching back even if TVT reopened.

That said, BTN has pretty much closed the door on invitations. Seems like only staff, "celebrities", and the highest userclass can invite now.
That's rough. I mean IPT covers for the most part, but I really liked TVTorrents.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
TVT was great in the fact they had one SD, one HD, and one BluRay rip for each episode. You didnt have to sort through a billion different uploads of the same episode like IPT. The search function was far superior as well, as you could just click a TV series and get what you needed and add favorites, etc. IPT.. not so much.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
TVT was great in the fact they had one SD, one HD, and one BluRay rip for each episode. You didnt have to sort through a billion different uploads of the same episode like IPT. The search function was far superior as well, as you could just click a TV series and get what you needed and add favorites, etc. IPT.. not so much.
Yep, exactly right. No muss, no fuss.