Torrents

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
My main tv series tracker is offline and might never come back (Freshon might be out for good. What should I move to? : trackers).

I'm looking for a replacement, I've heard good things about MTV and BTN (slim chances on this one).

Anyway, hook a brother up. Got gigabit net and a dedicated torrent box so 24/7 seeding.
4764235474.png

yLQKch0.png

1WAmk2a.png

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
IPT works great for current TV shows. Anything currently airing is usually available within minutes of ending on TV. I'm not sure how great they are about finding really old, or foreign shows though if that's your thing. The more popular shows are easy to find older seasons of.

If you want an invite, just PM me your email, I have several invites available.

gogusrl

Molten Core Raider
I already have an account, my main problem with ipt is that they archive everything. It takes longer to unpack it than it takes to download it.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, it's only really annoying if you are getting multiple seasons of an old show at once and have to un-rar 80 separate episodes or something. Still though, for TV shows the last one is generally done quicker than I can open the next folder and right-click->extract. Just a lot of annoying clicking.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately, BTN doesn't even have invites available to purchase, assuming I had the points to buy one. They are pretty full and it seems that most people don't leave/go inactive.

Sterling

El Presidente
My main tv series tracker is offline and might never come back (Freshon might be out for good. What should I move to? : trackers).

I'm looking for a replacement, I've heard good things about MTV and BTN (slim chances on this one).
Was using the same tracker for TV. Kind of annoying, since as mentioned IPT archives everything generally for new episodes of shows. If anyone has any invites to anything besides IPT, it would be just swell. Don't really have anything for trade besides IPT though currently.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
I already have an account, my main problem with ipt is that they archive everything. It takes longer to unpack it than it takes to download it.
Yeah, it's only really annoying if you are getting multiple seasons of an old show at once and have to un-rar 80 separate episodes or something. Still though, for TV shows the last one is generally done quicker than I can open the next folder and right-click->extract. Just a lot of annoying clicking.
XBMC (or is it called something else now, I can't keep track) will play straight from the .rar archives without unpacking them.

rush02112

Golden Knight of the Realm
I was re-introduced to newsgroups earlier and after getting it all set up I wont be using torrents for TV ever again. I have it set up to automatically download and sort into it's proper place for my media server. It was a bit involved to get set up, but it's worked flawlessly for me ever since. The downside is you do have to pay monthly for the newsgroup server (~$9/mo) and also pay for the indexer for unlimited searches ($13/yr). I wont bore the thread with my shitty instructions but if someone is interested I can post links to the sites I am signed up on and what programs I use.

Best thing about it for me is I dont have to worry about a damn ratio although I do still use IPT for movies.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I was re-introduced to newsgroups earlier and after getting it all set up I wont be using torrents for TV ever again. I have it set up to automatically download and sort into it's proper place for my media server. It was a bit involved to get set up, but it's worked flawlessly for me ever since. The downside is you do have to pay monthly for the newsgroup server (~$9/mo) and also pay for the indexer for unlimited searches ($13/yr). I wont bore the thread with my shitty instructions but if someone is interested I can post links to the sites I am signed up on and what programs I use.

Best thing about it for me is I dont have to worry about a damn ratio although I do still use IPT for movies.
I would be very much interested on the sorting part of your setup. I purchased a NAS recently so I'm very new to this. I still use torrents(I have a BTN account) and the biggest headaches so far:

Moving frequently watched shows from the torrenting location to the storage location. Things like Jeopardy or Chopped that have numerous episodes but you watch rarely more than once. Or TV shows that you want to watch the episode asap instead of waiting for a season download. Rtorrent looks like it could do this, but the setup for that looks daunting.

How to store/name files correctly so that Kodi will scrape it not only correctly but quickly. I like associating metadata with my shows, but it's not a needed feature. If scanning my storage is going to take close to minute everytime I add a new show, I'll just stop using the library feature and browse my storage from the files menu instead.

rush02112

I use Sick Gear (Install SickGear Windows for Automatic TV Downloads) for grabbing the shows and I use Sabnzbd to download from the newsgroup, obviously if you're downloading torrents you'll use something else but I'll speak as to my set up. I have Sab set up to when it is finished, the file is sent back to SG for post processing. In SG settings you can set up save directory and file structure and it'll move the downloaded file to where it goes. After all this is done SG will send a notification to xbmc (kodi) that the file is completed and kodi will refresh the library and is ready to view (notification on screen).

Edit: Maybe someone else here who uses SG can chime in, since I use it for newsgroups I have no idea if/how to set up for torrent sites.

rush02112

How to store/name files correctly so that Kodi will scrape it not only correctly but quickly. I like associating metadata with my shows, but it's not a needed feature. If scanning my storage is going to take close to minute everytime I add a new show, I'll just stop using the library feature and browse my storage from the files menu instead.
As far as this, I have SG set to file in the format Show Name/Season/Show title. SG also auto generates the nfo file to go with the show. I would also like to know if there is a trick to getting the scanning time down. As far as I can tell, when SG sends kodi the notification of the download completion, there isn't a scan of the library, just the addition of the completed file.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do you have Kodi running all the time, or can that message to refresh the library sit around while waiting for kodi to startup the next time you watch a show?

rush02112

I do not have it running all the time, I have Kodi set up to do a scan on start up, so it gets the long scan out of the way first thing. Then during the day it's just update as it goes along. It works for me and I can deal with 1 long scan.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I would be very much interested on the sorting part of your setup. I purchased a NAS recently so I'm very new to this. I still use torrents(I have a BTN account) and the biggest headaches so far:

Moving frequently watched shows from the torrenting location to the storage location. Things like Jeopardy or Chopped that have numerous episodes but you watch rarely more than once. Or TV shows that you want to watch the episode asap instead of waiting for a season download. Rtorrent looks like it could do this, but the setup for that looks daunting.

If you are using BTN then do Sonarr + Transmission. I used to be only newsgroups but BTN works hand in hand with Sonarr pretty amazing.