Torrents

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Thanks, I'll make an effort to play with it soon and report back what I did. I want to mess with it now, but work, bleh. Maybe I'll remote into home and play around when I get a chance.

Unless there is another one out there, this is the Watchdog I mentioned. It worked perfectly for years, and just recently stopped for some reason. I'll troubleshoot it one of these days I'm sure, but I can manually force an update fairly easily so I've been putting it off.

Thanks again, appreciate the detailed explanation.
No problem, didn't notice you mention that it broke. Maybe try r/XBMC or r/KODI or their official forum and see if it's an easy fix.

Dexz

Golden Squire
Only thing I know of is BTN, but as said many times it is pretty much impossible to get an invite.
Pretty much impossible... On the bright side that means there is a small but improbable chance. Does anyone have an "In" or some tips on getting a BTN invite ? As i said before I'm not slouch when it comes to sharing.
rrr_img_114196.jpg

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
BTN requires you to be one of the top classes on the site which takes at least a year. You have to have downloaded well over 1,000 torrents. You need to have been seeding quite a bit for bonus points. I am only pulling in like 70k points a month and my next rank needs 850k. That is seeding 125GB with like 150 torrents.

You then need to bid millions of points against other people in auctions that aren't held very often.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
My wife does and I also share all of my media with six people via Plex.

Kodi has an add on in the official repository that will detect file changes and automatically refresh the library when it does.

What are you trying to do and I can probably help. Detail all of it from what you have to download with and what you are watching it on.

I have solved every issue I have come across other than seedbox syncing but only because I have no need for that yet. My system is 100% automated in every way with the ability to watch anywhere from Plex and also remotely add shows with a calendar I can see.
I download stuff via uTorrent, watch it directly on my iMac or on my TV (which has an HTPC which just maps the storage drive on the mac) when I'm done watching it I delete it directly. Every now and then I'll go clear out my seeding torrents which half of them will be broken because I deleted the files. Then I download more stuff. This is not a labor intensive process.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Hey a_skeleton_03, I'm messing around with Sonarr (didn't realize it was browser-based, interesting choice), and I want to tell it where to find downloaded files at without telling it to use a torrent program. I feel like this should be pretty simple for me to find, but I'm failing to see it. At some later point I might want to automate it to do everything like you've done, but baby steps and all. I just need it to go check a particular folder and say "Sweet! A new episode!" and then do its thing. Is that not possible?

EDIT: Unless it is the Drone Factory thing? No clue what that is, actually.

EDIT2: Yep, looks like that was it.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've linked a similar pic before, but this is what it would take for me to get to Overlord class, which is currently the only class that still has open invites. Unless you bid against other people as a_skeleton_03 mentioned, you're shit out of luck unless you get Overlord. I'm not quite there yet...
rrr_img_114200.jpg

And this is my bonus point accumulation rate, which is fairly high but isn't going to win me any invites any time soon:
rrr_img_114201.jpg

I'm pretty sure the What.CD invite thread has been closed for months too, so you are more or less fucked if you are trying to get into BTN anymore and don't know someone that is Overlord. I can't even imagine what sort of effort it would take for me to get that, even if I gave myself a year. I'd literally be downloading everything I could, and still probably wouldn't get there fast enough. Sorry
frown.png

Back to Sonarr: Is there a way to tell it to rename everything in my library to match the naming convention in Sonarr? The old ones are in a slightly different format, and I am just anal enough where it makes me want to rename them all if there is a single button to press, but not enough to do them one at a time.

I need to figure out how to have it talk with Kodi on another computer next, but I haven't sat down and tried yet.

Dexz

Golden Squire
All of this talk about Sonnar peaked my interest, honestly had no idea this even existed. I have failed for hours to find a detailed explanation as to how to get it to work with Whatbox / Rtorrent. Any suggestions ?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I download stuff via uTorrent, watch it directly on my iMac or on my TV (which has an HTPC which just maps the storage drive on the mac) when I'm done watching it I delete it directly. Every now and then I'll go clear out my seeding torrents which half of them will be broken because I deleted the files. Then I download more stuff. This is not a labor intensive process.
Congrats? Luke I said, I have 160+ shows in several thousand movies that I share with people that aren't me .... don't know why you keep coming in here explaining your simplistic setup built for you only.

Hey a_skeleton_03, I'm messing around with Sonarr (didn't realize it was browser-based, interesting choice), and I want to tell it where to find downloaded files at without telling it to use a torrent program. I feel like this should be pretty simple for me to find, but I'm failing to see it. At some later point I might want to automate it to do everything like you've done, but baby steps and all. I just need it to go check a particular folder and say "Sweet! A new episode!" and then do its thing. Is that not possible?

EDIT: Unless it is the Drone Factory thing? No clue what that is, actually.

EDIT2: Yep, looks like that was it.
NZB Drone Factory was the original name of the program, it's not intuitive I know. Browser based is the new way to do things, lightweight running in the background as a service instead of a clunky program you have to run.

Back to Sonarr: Is there a way to tell it to rename everything in my library to match the naming convention in Sonarr? The old ones are in a slightly different format, and I am just anal enough where it makes me want to rename them all if there is a single button to press, but not enough to do them one at a time.

I need to figure out how to have it talk with Kodi on another computer next, but I haven't sat down and tried yet.
I don't know how to tell it to fix your entire library, I am pretty sure you can't though. Once you go through your entire library though you would be done! I am super anal about all my folders matching so I hear you on that.

For Kodi it is actually quite simple.http://localhost:8081/settings/connectyou can replace localhost with your IP of your server of course. From there hit that big plus sign. You need to go into Kodi and set it upWeb interface - Kodiwith a user name and password. Put that info into Sonarr and check the boxes that you want it to do and hit test, then save if it works.

galgor

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm pretty sure the What.CD invite thread has been closed for months too, so you are more or less fucked if you are trying to get into BTN anymore and don't know someone that is Overlord.
Just a reminder to what I posted a few pages ago. Invites are open to What.cd *elite* class users.

The hardest requirement to getting there is uploading 50 albums. But with EAC and access to a public library, it's viable... Good luck!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Sonarr lets you rename on a per series basis, that's as close to a one-button push as you're going to get.

Couch Potato's scanning algorithm blows. I've been having problems getting to scan my nas, it just sits there at 0% while it pegs one of my cores. The debug messages says it found some files, but it just sits there, cleaning a few messages, and that's about it. So, I copied "the.bourne.supremacy.x480p.mkv" to a local folder and had it scan just that. The scan progressed this time but it couldn't find a match on IMDB to scrape. Seriously? They didn't implement a case-insensitive search?

I'm going to try TMM to get everything renamed correctly, maybe couch potato will work properly then. Still want some of the management and upcoming features that CP offers.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
What I do with CP is never give it too much to work with. For adding new movies to existing library it isn't bad. To fix a large group it is terrible. You might need to clean your stuff up before letting it take over.

Movie Title (2015)
Movie Title (2015).mkv

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't know how to tell it to fix your entire library, I am pretty sure you can't though. Once you go through your entire library though you would be done! I am super anal about all my folders matching so I hear you on that.

For Kodi it is actually quite simple.http://localhost:8081/settings/connectyou can replace localhost with your IP of your server of course. From there hit that big plus sign. You need to go into Kodi and set it upWeb interface - Kodiwith a user name and password. Put that info into Sonarr and check the boxes that you want it to do and hit test, then save if it works.
Thanks, I hit a wall with that last night and Google wasn't giving me any solutions. I'll give it a try next chance I get. Tried fixing up Watchdog last night too, and so far no luck. I'd rather have Sonarr do it, and get a notification, anyway.

Just a reminder to what I posted a few pages ago. Invites are open to What.cd *elite* class users.

The hardest requirement to getting there is uploading 50 albums. But with EAC and access to a public library, it's viable... Good luck!
Ohhhhh, gotcha. Sorry about misreading that, and thanks for the clarification. At least there is a little bit of hope for people now. Much more hope than any of us reaching Overlord at least.

Sonarr lets you rename on a per series basis, that's as close to a one-button push as you're going to get.
That will have to be good enough, thanks for the info. Some of the stuff is not all that intuitive, even looking through the wiki and help pages.

Couch Potato's scanning algorithm blows. I've been having problems getting to scan my nas, it just sits there at 0% while it pegs one of my cores. The debug messages says it found some files, but it just sits there, cleaning a few messages, and that's about it. So, I copied "the.bourne.supremacy.x480p.mkv" to a local folder and had it scan just that. The scan progressed this time but it couldn't find a match on IMDB to scrape. Seriously? They didn't implement a case-insensitive search?

I'm going to try TMM to get everything renamed correctly, maybe couch potato will work properly then. Still want some of the management and upcoming features that CP offers.
I had a similar issue importing my TV shows in Sonarr. Apparently Sonarr is too stupid to realize that "Breaking Bad (2008)" is Breaking Bad, so I had to manually delete the year (in the search box, not the actual directory) and search each one, except for the couple that require the year like "Castle (2009)." You'd think that would be a fairly simple find in a search engine.

I'm hesitant to use CouchPotato at all, because I typically just download movies that I want manually when I'm wondering what is out there, instead of planning ahead, and some I want to get in the highest quality possible while others 720p is just fine. And I really don't trust it with renaming properly. Right now with tMM I manually edit stuff so that it is more accurate, so things like Terminator 2 [Skynet Edition] are separate from the 10 other versions of Terminator 2 I could have downloaded. And all the Unrated versions of stuff, if I don't name them properly I end up wondering if that's the version I have or not. On top of that, I prefer the directory name for each movie to be very descriptive, so at a glance I know what resolution, audio codec, format, etc. it is. Yeah, it will sort all those in tMM itself, and Kodi and tons of other programs will show it on screen, but I like to see it spelled out in the directory too for some weird reason.

But having Sonarr automatically grab the stuff from my Dropbox and rename it and update Kodi, that's the fucking tits. Right now I will watch something early in the evening, and then have to get my fat ass up to see if the later shows have downloaded, move them, then scrape and rename them. Soon I'll be able to remain couched all night! I see adult diapers in my future for maximum laziness.

I'll admit though, at the start it is a little intimidating trying to go through all the series I apparently watch and set up which ones to watch for only future episodes, etc. which is why I might just stick with the BTN RSS feed, since it is pretty much working perfectly. And that calendar, damn that's awesome. I know they are available elsewhere, like TVRage and such, but this is by far the most useful and easy to read one I've ever seen. Particularly if you want to just glance at what is already there on a particular night.

So the last thing I think I really need to tackle is tags. I'm assuming that's where I'd do stuff like tell it to overwrite a FLEET release if another one is found? I was running out of time since it was 3am and I needed to get up at 7, so I didn't dig into it much, but it seems really fucking non-intuitive without a lot of tutorials and examples. Are there any you recommend? Or any pre-made ones you use? I am fairly sure that it will handle propers correctly if I click that button, but I don't know what it will do if it sees a FLEET release first, then a KILLERS one downloads later (or vice versa). I want to ensure it does it right. And now that I think about it, if I rename it, will it remember that it is a FLEET release?

A lot of questions I know, and I'm not even looking at the program now so maybe I could quickly figure them out myself. Hopefully you don't mind the spam. You've helped me on a ton of technical things in the past, and I do appreciate it. I wish more people were aware of this a_skeleton_03 (no homo).

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I use couchpotato on one server and not the other. It can be buggy and as a result sometimes I don't like to fight it. The server I use it on I basically need to run everything as root because I am too stupid to get all of the file permissions working perfectly. Once I work out all the bugs (if I ever do) then I might replicate it to my other server. At home I just manually rename my movies and dump them into my Movies folder.

One of the amazing things about Sonarr is the calendar. The wife just has it open on her laptop and can automatically know if a show she wants to watch has been downloaded. She used to ask me every 5 minutes and then forget what shows even aired on a certain day. It is amazing. Another thing is if you hear about a show you might be interested in but doesn't come out until next year, just put it in there. All of a sudden, surprise there it is. Didn't know that Da Vinci's Demons season 3 was completely released this weekend? Sonarr did, and it already downloaded every episode for you.

I don't see anything labeled "tags" in Sonarr, is it in CP? I don't use any option like that but I can look into it if you tell me where to find it. I have a "production" server at home, and a "test" server on a dedicated box in Europe that I do crazy things on so willing to do experiments for you.

This a_skeleton_03 is the real a_skeleton_03!

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
If you go into an individual series and edit it, down at the bottom I believe (not looking at it) is a box for Tags. From my understanding, you could make tags elsewhere (no idea where) that say things like (paraphrasing, obviously there is a specific format) "Only download episode if it is from KILLERS". That's not one that I want, but people use it for Anime a lot because they only want a particular release, so that's the easiest example I could think of. Anyway, you build that tag and call it something like "killers" and then in the series you add that tag (it should autocomplete) and now that specific series will only download the KILLERS release. You can also use that tag or any others in the Connections (and maybe Indexer) section, so that it affects everything you do via that method, as opposed to editing every single series.

My intent, of course, would be to make it overwrite any FLEET release if any other one is downloaded later, or discard the FLEET release if I already have a better one.

EDIT: And yeah, it is worth installing Sonarr just for the calendar, even if all you have it do is monitor your downloads. I already love that fucking calendar. I haven't even tried it yet, but since you mentioned your wife doing it, how do you share it to another device? And could you share it to a device that isn't part of your network?

Oh, thought of one thing that makes me wish it weren't a browser app: The lack of real time updating without hitting refresh. Unless that is an option somewhere?

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
vvoid: I didn't have any problems importing with Sonarr, I think I had some Breaking Bad episodes from BTN too. But, for the future episode thing, you might want to remove the series and re-import it. I as far as I've found, you can only set it to watch for future episodes when importing. Now, of course, all this does is run an extra task that toggles the "monitoring?" for any episode older than now(). Which you can replicate manually after import but also explains why that feature might be available after.

I don't find it a huge deal because you can toggle whole season. This is only really a problem when you have syndicated shows with HUGE season lists. Toggle one season and the page's responsiveness goes to shit. My guess is that this is a combination of Python's not so great scalability and perhaps lazy devs iterating over the whole episode list. Maybe something stupid like "seasons" doesn't exist until the information is displayed and the series just exists as a long list of episodes in their database.

About renaming, is there any real benefit to putting things like resolution, sound channels/codec, video codec in the file name? The engineer in me thinks this might be useful information but I watch most stuff from Kodi, which doesn't display information in the library listings anyway.

EDIT: vvoid, I thought sonarr had a fleet overwrite option baked in? Or am I thinking of PROPERs?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
If you go into an individual series and edit it, down at the bottom I believe (not looking at it) is a box for Tags. From my understanding, you could make tags elsewhere (no idea where) that say things like (paraphrasing, obviously there is a specific format) "Only download episode if it is from KILLERS". That's not one that I want, but people use it for Anime a lot because they only want a particular release, so that's the easiest example I could think of. Anyway, you build that tag and call it something like "killers" and then in the series you add that tag (it should autocomplete) and now that specific series will only download the KILLERS release. You can also use that tag or any others in the Connections (and maybe Indexer) section, so that it affects everything you do via that method, as opposed to editing every single series.

My intent, of course, would be to make it overwrite any FLEET release if any other one is downloaded later, or discard the FLEET release if I already have a better one.

EDIT: And yeah, it is worth installing Sonarr just for the calendar, even if all you have it do is monitor your downloads. I already love that fucking calendar. I haven't even tried it yet, but since you mentioned your wife doing it, how do you share it to another device? And could you share it to a device that isn't part of your network?

Oh, thought of one thing that makes me wish it weren't a browser app: The lack of real time updating without hitting refresh. Unless that is an option somewhere?
I see that now. Here is what my googling around found me.

Basically, you go into the indexer settings, make sure you have advanced settings turned on. You'll see "Restrictions". You can configure tags there. Give the tag a name, and give it required words. Then go to a TV series page, go to its settings (wrench icon), go to tags, and add the tag you configured. Now the series will require the words that are configured in the tag.
For example, I set up a tag called "subs-vivid" with required words "Vivid". I go to an anime series, I tag it with "subs-vivid" and now it'll only get the releases for that series that contain that word, which are going to be the ones that were subbed by Vivid.
I also read that people tag things they want updated to Plex or XBMC because maybe they use one for the kids and one for the adults. I don't mess with it.

BTN nukes all FLEET releases from what I know so it should be a non-issue.

The calendar is justhttp://192.168.1.16:8081/calendarfor me. I have 8081 accessible from outside my firewall so I can see it at work. My wife has it bookmarked on her laptop and just pulls it up. I check it from work with my external IP.

It also has an iCal link but I feel it's more useful when it shows download statushttp://192.168.1.16:8081/feed/calend...aa87a243fb4b8bwould be an iCal link it would generate for you to import into your calendar program.

My web page refreshes pretty much automatically. It might be because you are trying to do a lot at one time and it's taking a while to catch up? Not sure. Maybe my python install is running better? I haven't heard many complaints like that. Every so often I have to refresh the calendar if I have chrome minimized for a day because it stopped refreshing the page in the background. Maybe that's what you mean.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
vvoid: I didn't have any problems importing with Sonarr, I think I had some Breaking Bad episodes from BTN too. But, for the future episode thing, you might want to remove the series and re-import it. I as far as I've found, you can only set it to watch for future episodes when importing. Now, of course, all this does is run an extra task that toggles the "monitoring?" for any episode older than now(). Which you can replicate manually after import but also explains why that feature might be available after.

I don't find it a huge deal because you can toggle whole season. This is only really a problem when you have syndicated shows with HUGE season lists. Toggle one season and the page's responsiveness goes to shit. My guess is that this is a combination of Python's not so great scalability and perhaps lazy devs iterating over the whole episode list. Maybe something stupid like "seasons" doesn't exist until the information is displayed and the series just exists as a long list of episodes in their database.

About renaming, is there any real benefit to putting things like resolution, sound channels/codec, video codec in the file name? The engineer in me thinks this might be useful information but I watch most stuff from Kodi, which doesn't display information in the library listings anyway.

EDIT: vvoid, I thought sonarr had a fleet overwrite option baked in? Or am I thinking of PROPERs?
If you go into the series and hit that wrench for edit series you can switch it to monitored. You can do it quicker from the front page with all the series and hitting the wrench there also.

I don't think putting all that bullshit in is worth it. Some programs might use it but Kodi and Plex actually scan the file itself and label it based on that.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've linked a similar pic before, but this is what it would take for me to get to Overlord class, which is currently the only class that still has open invites. Unless you bid against other people as a_skeleton_03 mentioned, you're shit out of luck unless you get Overlord. I'm not quite there yet...
rrr_img_114200.jpg

And this is my bonus point accumulation rate, which is fairly high but isn't going to win me any invites any time soon:
rrr_img_114201.jpg

I'm pretty sure the What.CD invite thread has been closed for months too, so you are more or less fucked if you are trying to get into BTN anymore and don't know someone that is Overlord. I can't even imagine what sort of effort it would take for me to get that, even if I gave myself a year. I'd literally be downloading everything I could, and still probably wouldn't get there fast enough. Sorry
frown.png
Yea, I have a dedicated 4TB drive (95% full) for my torrent seeing 24/7 on BTN, but I am absolutely nowhere close to Overlord.

To put things into perspective, the last I checked, there were only about 15 Overlord class users on the entire BTN site. Like I said, invites are for all intents and purposes closed.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
It is going to suck if I can only use tags with an indexer, since currently I am only importing things that are placed into a specific folder, and thus am not using an indexer. To use the BTN indexer I'd need to figure out the Whatbox/rTorrent issue that Dexz mentioned. Not saying it won't work, but I haven't tried because I don't really need it yet.

FLEET files don't get nuked by BTN if they are the only one, they are just trumpable by anything else. So if FLEET goes up first, and 5 minutes later another goes up, I often end up with both. And since currently everything is automated via RSS, the only filtering I could do is after the fact. Not sure it is possible to do what I want though, it might only be a "don't download" type of thing.

Not sure why my web pages weren't refreshing, although it is possible I'm just talking about things like the activity page, and maybe those aren't supposed to refresh automatically. Or maybe since it was busy importing it decided to put refreshes on the back burner. Either way, not a huge deal if you say it does it.

I only put the media info on movies, and I only really did it because it is literally trivial to do with tMM once you've set up the naming configuration you want. It takes zero extra time or effort for that program to just toss it on there. And like I said, it is just sort of a quirk where I like to see it when I'm looking through my movie directory, and I can even sort via something like "xvid" for example if I'm looking to see what movies I should upgrade because that was the only version available at the time. Of course, as I said, tMM will sort via xvid too, so no real savings except I don't have to be looking at tMM, and CouchPotato would probably automatically do the same updating (although I still think I probably won't bother with CP). So just an additional thing that I like, no real reason for it.