Torrents

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I often have issues with playing only subs for the foreign language parts in a lot of English primary movies/TV.
Have you found a fix for this? Many of the torrents work just fine, and have the subtitles just over the non-english parts. But so very many of them don't. Is there a solution for this?

Goatface

Have you found a fix for this? Many of the torrents work just fine, and have the subtitles just over the non-english parts. But so very many of them don't. Is there a solution for this?
can look of subscene for "Foreign parts only" and maybe get lucky.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have not found a solution per se, but I know you can search for sub files that you can then load into VCL or Plex on Open Subtitles. When in the middle of a movie, the last thing I want to do is pause and go search subs though, so I either turn on the general subs, rewind a bit, watch, then turn off, or just go without knowing (it's more immersive, right?!?)

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I have not found a solution per se, but I know you can search for sub files that you can then load into VCL or Plex on Open Subtitles. When in the middle of a movie, the last thing I want to do is pause and go search subs though, so I either turn on the general subs, rewind a bit, watch, then turn off, or just go without knowing (it's more immersive, right?!?)
Yeah I've been doing the back and forth with turning them on and off, but what a pain.

I haven't watched Hunt for Red October in years so decided to give it a watch. Of course no subtitles, went and turned them on and it's on the entire time. I can't remember how much of the movie needs it though.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Is it alive again?
100% legit I'm sure, don't even bother using a VPN...

fbi.gif

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Looks like the main address isnt working on my comp, thank for the answer ossoi

they had an issue over the holidays where no torrents would start downloading. Looks like it's happening again. NM hit post and my download started

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I've been using the .me version of the site for years after the .com had issues way back. Rarely had any problems with that one.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure I could go back a couple of pages (and I was going to look in to that list posted above from 2023), but, is Deluge still the best torrent program? Maybe I just need to look in to some usenet stuff.

*edit:

Ended up grabbing Deluge and had it up and running. Had an existing NordVPN account so figured I would just use that along with Deluge. For the life of me I could not get anything downloading at all. I tried P2P servers in Nord, I tried setting up the Socks5 Auth method. Nothing would work.

My guess is that it was related to the Incoming Port issue but it has been 20 years since I messed with setting up port forwarding for torrents and I really tried to Google it again but it was late and I was irritated. So I downloaded uTorrent Classic and it seems to be working fine. Same torrents immediately started pulling 8 - 10 MB/s down. I still had the "No incoming connects / port issue" or whatever in the bottom corner, but it seemed to not matter in this case.

Will just stick with this until I want to branch out in to the Usenet world. Almost signed up for an account on Newsdemon but then got distracted with all this.

Last edited:

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I'm sure I could go back a couple of pages (and I was going to look in to that list posted above from 2023), but, is Deluge still the best torrent program? Maybe I just need to look in to some usenet stuff.

*edit:

Ended up grabbing Deluge and had it up and running. Had an existing NordVPN account so figured I would just use that along with Deluge. For the life of me I could not get anything downloading at all. I tried P2P servers in Nord, I tried setting up the Socks5 Auth method. Nothing would work.

My guess is that it was related to the Incoming Port issue but it has been 20 years since I messed with setting up port forwarding for torrents and I really tried to Google it again but it was late and I was irritated. So I downloaded uTorrent Classic and it seems to be working fine. Same torrents immediately started pulling 8 - 10 MB/s down. I still had the "No incoming connects / port issue" or whatever in the bottom corner, but it seemed to not matter in this case.

Will just stick with this until I want to branch out in to the Usenet world. Almost signed up for an account on Newsdemon but then got distracted with all this.

Not sure if Nord has a free tier, but the free VPNs usually block or disconnect you if they detect bittorrent.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if Nord has a free tier, but the free VPNs usually block or disconnect you if they detect bittorrent.
Thanks, I got it all working a bit ago. Swapped over to qTorrent and use one of Nords P2P servers and get 7-10 Mb/s on most quick stuff I’m trying to grab. Usually just random movie at night we can’t find to rent / buy on Roku (or if it is exorbitant to rent).

I actually set up Plex on the computer and the app on Roku and it worked straight away which was nice. Had me looking at what a Seedbox or Plex hosting would cost just in case, but not too worried about that at all.

Only public tracker site I’ve even bothered with is Pirate and I’ve been able to get mainstream whatever easily enough.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Different list than I posted before with fancy UI. Unlike the other list, I have not really used this one but posting it here as an alternative to look at later: