Total War: Warhammer

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I won as Norsca in TL1, coming in on this Skarsnik one in 2 (I hope).

What's your ranks on hardest campaigns?

I haven't some of the harder ones and I don't play on anything but normal. The 'hardest' i have tried is probably the dwarf LL that has double upkeep until you take Karak Eight Peaks.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
God I'm trying to hard to claim the Eight Peaks, yes on normal. Pretty sure I could knock out a legendary Malekith after a few tries, I smoked that one.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Right now I am trying to figure out the first moves to make with the one of the new elf LL. You start in 2 locations with 2 armies, I have restarted 3 times now trying to figure this out.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Some of the lord names in this are pretty amazing. Vampire pirate named Dick Creeper, orc named Nagbad Spearchukka, A goblin named Tiddymuncha

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
God I'm trying to hard to claim the Eight Peaks, yes on normal. Pretty sure I could knock out a legendary Malekith after a few tries, I smoked that one.

Are you struggling on normal?

I'm kind of annoyed by the game, because anything under legendary / normal is trivial, and anything with battle difficulty above normal is just silly, because the AI leadership bonuses completely wreck balance.

If you need some tips just let me know, few 100 hours has done a lot for me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Some of the lord names in this are pretty amazing. Vampire pirate named Dick Creeper, orc named Nagbad Spearchukka, A goblin named Tiddymuncha

I encountered someone named "Dick Half-mast" rofl

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

I'm kind of annoyed by the game, because anything under legendary / normal is trivial, and anything with battle difficulty above normal is just silly, because the AI leadership bonuses completely wreck balance.

The TL;DR guide to max difficulty battles is to never buy cavalry and get extra ranged.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
The TL;DR guide to max difficulty battles is to never buy cavalry and get extra ranged.

Pretty much this. Also as far as streamers go Legend of Total War on youtube plays on legendary difficulty if you are looking for tips/tricks you can watch him

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

This doesn't apply if you are playing goblins vs high elves / wood elves.

Wolf riders are very strong, 2 units can occupy 4-5 units of archers, given proper micro.

Campaign mechanics and combat are still pretty broken. I crushed the high elves army lead by imrik, with 53 minutes left on the timer. I sent my remaining 12 units onto Imrik.

After 20 minutes, on the timer my units, including 2 Big Uns and 2 warlords, did 20% damage to him before he managed to ride off into the sunset, despite being cornered by about 700 greenskins.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This doesn't apply if you are playing goblins vs high elves / wood elves.

Wolf riders are very strong, 2 units can occupy 4-5 units of archers, given proper micro.
Hence the TL;DR. There's exceptions, like Bretonnia, or Skarsnik I guess. I haven't played Greenskins in a very long time - been waiting on the update.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Hence the TL;DR. There's exceptions, like Bretonnia, or Skarsnik I guess. I haven't played Greenskins in a very long time - been waiting on the update.

Archers are good if you can crush your opponent with them, or your melee / cavalry artillery can.

In challenging fights where the enemy brings a large number of superior melee forces, they aren't very good.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I think in most lategame situations you're better off having elite cav than tier 1-2 ranged, as long as it's not too many that you can't micro them. Having one or two cav units is great for disrupting ranks and forcing leadership penalties so they break or preventing their artillery from firing. You can play full ranged too I've done it several times and it's really strong but I kinda like having semi balanced setups. Once you get rolling though you probably won't have either, and you're just stacking monsters and other stupid shit. Depends on army and how late and how good your economy is but a death stack with a duellist, a caster, one or two piece of artillery and the rest of stupid T4-5 monsters tend to be better than anything else in my experience.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Skarsnik has been hard on normal and one of the rat ones.

Rest were rather easy. In TW2. TW1 Norsca was hard for me on normal.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Eltharion is fun as fuck in ME. You get to go on Jihad against the Greenskins, and going up against Grom and throwing his fat ass in jail is a really nice goal to pursue.

You also get a pretty interesting faction mechanic with the upgrades, and the mist units are neat as well

Last edited by a moderator:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So, I didn't even buy the DLC and my lvl 40 warbosses dont have all their abilities and I can't train the missing points either. Fuck.

For some reason, this also includes losing immortality. Why? God.

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, I didn't even buy the DLC and my lvl 40 warbosses dont have all their abilities and I can't train the missing points either. Fuck.

For some reason, this also includes losing immortality. Why? God.

Are you playing with mods?

I thought the level cap for vanilla was 30 (haven't played w/o mods in years). New patches always break the mods. The big ones, like Steel Faith Overhaul (SFO), usually take weeks to fix.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

I thought the level cap for vanilla was 30 (haven't played w/o mods in years). New patches always break the mods. The big ones, like Steel Faith Overhaul (SFO), usually take weeks to fix.

This seems correct.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I am playing with no mods and level cap is 40. It may have been 30 in the past but I have had the game for at least a year and it has been 40 that long.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

No and cap is 40 atm, before and after this dlc.

Whenever I use this new Waagh mechanic and pick a god the game crashes too, using my previous campaign.