Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I just want my fuckin' Ogres goddamnit. They better be first in line for DLC.
What do you think of the ogre mercenaries? They go from amazing to not useful at all for me depending on what race I’m playing. I liked them the most playing as dwarfs. Calvary are w fun addition to the dawi and the even a few regular ogres early fighting on top of your dwarf warriors or longbeards is a big power spike super early.
Their upkeep seems like is borderline on being to low IMO. Seems like they are best early game for siege attacker and certain races and fall off mid game with no red line skill buffs.

FML I just swore off playing again until WH3but now I want to start a dawi campaign.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
What do you think of the ogre mercenaries? They go from amazing to not useful at all for me depending on what race I’m playing. I liked them the most playing as dwarfs. Calvary are w fun addition to the dawi and the even a few regular ogres early fighting on top of your dwarf warriors or longboard is a big power spike super early.
Their upkeep seems like is borderline on being to low IMO. Seems like they are best early game for siege attacker and certain races and fall off mid game with no red line skill buffs.
Yeah, I like them as an early-game "monster" unit. Mournfang cavalry is fuckin' nutty with dwarves, with their unbreakable infantry. They're also great with Bretonnia, since you can use the Ogres as frontline - the anvil for your hammer.

However, the merc thing is annoying and the mechanics of it aren't my favorite. I want the whole fuckin' enchilada and ogres as a full-fledged race. I may never play another army once that happens. Ogre army best army.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
Most seem to think that ogres will be a pre-order bonus DLC like Norsca was for TWW2. So 4 chaos factions, Kislev, Cathay, and Ogres for launch and then chaos dwarves as the first actual DLC.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Kislev being added is exciting too. I always liked their Hussar themes and bear cavalry is badass.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kislev being added is exciting too. I always liked their Hussar themes and bear cavalry is badass.
I couldnt get into that factions teaser. Reminded me too much of f'n Narnia or some shit. The Cathay teaser only annoys me that they have hot air balloons, as if that would be a legit fight against most of the air units in Warhammer. The rest looked fantastic.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Word, I just love that whole old world area. The empire, Bretonia, Karan Kadrin, Sylvania, Kislev and all the Warhammer 1 areas just feel like home. That area is just so much better than Lustri, naggaroth, and ulthuan. Except the Norsca area, fuck that place

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I couldnt get into that factions teaser. Reminded me too much of f'n Narnia or some shit. The Cathay teaser only annoys me that they have hot air balloons, as if that would be a legit fight against most of the air units in Warhammer. The rest looked fantastic.
The teaser was kind of lame, I admit. But the faction from a table-top/lore standpoint is pretty dope. They're basically the Night's Watch, but with a touch of Polish Hussars and Mongolians.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
When I see new races or factions added, I can't wait for someone new to kill not just to play.

• 1Solidarity

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
CA dropped some Grand Cathay lore today for anyone interested

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Cathay looks great and the lore looks great but with this and Three Kingdoms it really seems like CA is trying to tap into the China market. I hope that doesn’t have a negative impact in game design etc.

I’m still mad at Valve for changing Skeleton King into Wraith King in Dota 2 to appease the Chicoms

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Cathay looks great and the lore looks great but with this and Three Kingdoms it really seems like CA is trying to tap into the China market. I hope that doesn’t have a negative impact in game design etc.

I’m still mad at Valve for changing Skeleton King into Wraith King in Dota 2 to appease the Chicoms

They ended up releasing a legendary skin of the original looking skeleton. Then added a bunch of extra cringe chars.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

You sure that wasn't just for licensing and legal reasons because of Blizzard? Valve had to do that to a lot of characters to avoid legal issues.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I’m not sure what I think about the new quest battles and seige battles having the tower defense parts built into them. My initial concerns are mostly revolved are CA’s shitty AI using this new system and being awful at it.

if it flops it’s going to make every single campaign tedious as fuck.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
CA has traditionally had horrible issues with siege AI in their games. Like, literally all of them. Introducing more shit that the AI can get busted on doesn't seem like it's a good recipe, especially considering their games are pretty damn buggy on release.

• 1Solidarity

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
CA has traditionally had horrible issues with siege AI in their games. Like, literally all of them. Introducing more shit that the AI can get busted on doesn't seem like it's a good recipe, especially considering their games are pretty damn buggy on release.

Could be give up on the old and start fresh

• 1Like

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Legend's take on yesterday's siege rework release.

Legend really knows his stuff. And he has matured over the years and is not a pissy fucking faggot like he used to be. Imagine the 2016 version of Legend doing this video. With sieges it all basically comes down to AI and how retarded it remains.