Total War: Warhammer

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is probably some disagreement (on the dev team) on how that would affect the power curve of confederating nations vs a killem all nation ("Settra does not serve"). It also affects the player's power vs the AI for unmodded legendary campaigns (not that there is a cheve for that, or anything).

Also, there is a mod for repecing released minutes after the game is released (customizable: once, always for gold, or always for free).

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have Legend's stream in the background while I work and I noticed that whenever the enemies he is fighting shoot (archers, gunners) I can't see ANY missiles or trails or any visual cue that a unit has shot, other than the blue/pink horrors.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
OK sorry if I missed this in last few pages but I'm confused. Is almost every battle only going to be "siege" like? or is everyone speculating?

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Thank FUCK for threaten. I also really like the logistics additions of war coordination, outposts in ally cities, etc.

Reinforcement changes are great too. Always sucked when you were winning against an army that outnumbered you, but eventually just got overwhelmed by their size.

Auto-assign skillpoints is a nice QOL addition. Constantly having to manage shit-tier armies' skill points was a PITA late mid-late game.

And my favorite change is the change to attrition. I've always loved playing the attrition/logistics game in Total War games and it sucked ass in Warhammer.

I can't fucking wait for this and my sweet, sweet Ogres. Have they said when they're going to add the "grand campaign" to WH3? I'll probably wait until then to pick it up, since I hate playing with only a few race options.

• 1Like

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
They are, but they have not announced the date yet. It took them months to release Mortal Empires for WH2, so I expect the same here.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
They are, but they have not announced the date yet. It took them months to release Mortal Empires for WH2, so I expect the same here.
It'll probably coincide with a discount, which makes me want to just wait, but fuckin' Ogres...

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I do wish that there was a 1 button respec for newly confeded lords or atleast Legendary Lords.
Some of the Lords ive confederated are COMPLETELY goofed but do seem to always have all their quest battle items.

I give up on spawning Archaon, and accept I'm not allowed to have that achieve for whatever reason the fates have decided. TW2 still one of the best games I've touched.

cyrusreij

Trakanon Raider
Be'lakor confirmed as playable for beating the main campaign. Rumors are that Tzar Boris and another Cathayan lordess are also rewards for completing the mini campaigns they are also including.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Be'lakor confirmed as playable for beating the main campaign. Rumors are that Tzar Boris and another Cathayan lordess are also rewards for completing the mini campaigns they are also including.

I really like the idea of mini campaigns with different objectives for smaller sub factions. Hochland I've of course gone on about wanting. There's a bunch of others scattered around the map. So much to flesh out and opportunities to sell more good content.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Gavinmad Gavinmad Legend today just said that 90% of his battles in WH3 are minor settlement battles. He said the major reason is that autoresolve when battling for a settlement is shit on legendary campaign.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gavinmad Gavinmad Legend today just said that 90% of his battles in WH3 are minor settlement battles. He said the major reason is that autoresolve when battling for a settlement is shit on legendary campaign.

Not thrilled about that. Should be something like 60% field battles and the rest sieges. The minor settlements have looked really annoying to fight on.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm one of those freaks that actually enjoys siege/city battles. 90% is ridiculous though. I don't enjoy field battles, so I won't be very sad to see that reduced.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I don't mind fort/walled settle battles in wh2, but I dont want more than I already have.

Watching Legend's Skarbrand and NotBelekor campaigns, the towers that get built in these minor settlements seem to be very devastating to attacking armies.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
I haven't posted this in years when it comes to vidya games but here goes:

"i trust they'll fix it if needed"

Feel free to ruin my faith in the last dev company I trust later on, if it doesn't work out.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not gloating because I would have been more than happy to have been proven wrong lol.

I'm sure a mod that makes it so minor settlements don't always generate a siege battle will make it possible to tweak the battle distribution the way you like it.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Or just fixing the way autoresolve calculates on legendary would work. I'm sure if they don't have it balanced closer to the way it's been working (which has never been perfect, but reasonable enough), someone will have a mod for it in a heartbeat. I definitely don't want to have to fight every fucking battle manually on legendary.