Total War: Warhammer

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Eh. Sounds like 90% of the game is going to be siege battles, which is a major misstep imo.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
God damnit is Skarsnik rough until you worm your way into sacking your first legit capital.

1641284221421.png

His short victory conditions are also by far the most substantial I've seen.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well the regular battles were pretty much fine, so I can understand them not spending much time on that.
I think you've misunderstood me. What I'm saying is you'll almost never be fighting field battles in TWH3, every single settlement will generate a siege battle now.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah instead of the field battles you love, you may see lots of victory point capture siege stuff. Here's hoping they still know what they're doing.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think you've misunderstood me. What I'm saying is you'll almost never be fighting field battles in TWH3, every single settlement will generate a siege battle now.

Uh....no thanks. Was considering pre-purchase on this, but I'll see how it actually plays first and what the first patch is like.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lets give the studio some credit.

TW1 only launched in 2016, the amount of good content they have provided in the past years has been great.

If they fuck up I am sure they will fix it, and in the very worst case there is always mods.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Boy I thought the beginning of Skarsnik was bad. Had a pleasant romp thru mid game only to find Archaon is deciding to never show his face and I'll be forced to "greenskin confederate" Wurzag and Grimgor. Maybe if I do it on the same turn the diplomacy/reliability bottom out won't matter as much. I have them as military allies because Mors and Eshin confederated and are making Malekith and Franz combined look weak as fuck.

Then there's the massive additional upkeep penalty for extra armies for greenskin and having to probably web out and conquer most of the world if my reading about spawning Archaon is correct.

Do not recommend this one unless you really like pain. The greenskin changes are awesome of course and Skarsnik is very fun and themewise. But I suspect it's gonna drag on 200+ turns and I've effectively won if Arch will just fucking show up.

I mean really I'll have all the long campaign stuff done and almost do right now. No sign of the fucker.

• 1Solidarity

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I think I restarted Skarsniks campaign at least 10 times before getting it gud.

Was the hardest one for me for sure.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
if you guy want a strong skarsnick start as grom and underway to his settlement, defeat and confed skarsnick before turn 5. Can be tricky and might not always work but then you have all the upside of skarsnik with none of the downsides and gobbos with regeneration and all of groms other campaign mechanic goodies. You can also get his anarock spider if you don’t kill it when you fight him.

I just got an idea last night for a new campaign. Start as Isabella with super strong vamp heros. Should be able to get 7 super strong vamp heros in her army by turn 10-15 between her faction skill for capacity, Drakenhoff landmark, and her blue tree. Should be super fucking strong when they get levels on them.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Omayga

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone running Warhammer 2 on a 3060 card or higher with Windows 11?

got a newer desktop for the boy who wants to dabble in it and it refuses to load through Steam, starts to run and then just exits out immediately. My older compy with a 1070 and Win10 runs it just fine. I've rolled the 3060ti driver all the way back to the first with no issues and done all the trouble shooting I can with posts from CA / Sega and what I can find on the webs. Neither Warhammer 1 nor 2 run, both do the same. No mods installed.

didnt know if anyone here had the issues and found a fix

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This is what happened when I confederated Wurzag

1641649235696.png

Guess I disband all his armies lol.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
unknown-96.png

unknown-103.png

Guess I'm moving to take over all of Dark Elf and Empire. How is this not expanding enough? Where's Archaon? Not even the first little chaos wave before him has shown in 143 turns. Might just hit next until 200.

Last edited:

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
I'm sick of these fucking "let's plays". We're just over a month away from launch. Maybe start showing actual let's plays by actual content creators

• 1Like

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I'm sick of these fucking "let's plays". We're just over a month away from launch. Maybe start showing actual let's plays by actual content creators
I'd assume they'll do that like 1week before release or so, maybe 2 weeks? Most content creators are probably just making the videos and shit and they'll release everything at once. It doesn't make too much sense to have people show off the game a full month before it releases, for the streamer/youtube shit I think you want to do it so it's still fresh in people's mind when the game releases, as a lot of these games kinda spike for a week on viewers and stuff and then just disappear. Right now they're doing drip feed content releases for people who care about the game but once they allow ppl to stream/make videos about it there's gonna be a huge flood of them at once and you want to sell soon after so people who get excited buy the game, rather than have them "burn out" from all the content and then having to wait several weeks not being able to play.