Total War: Warhammer

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How is it bros? I want to smash face with Ogres so badly, but I'm balls deep in Lost Ark right now and I'll probably just wait for a sale or grand campaign at this point.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
How is it bros? I want to smash face with Ogres so badly, but I'm balls deep in Lost Ark right now and I'll probably just wait for a sale or grand campaign at this point.

It is more total war, except with an improved UI.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
lol as if multiple people with preview builds haven't said the same thing. there's a drastic increase in siege battles over TWH2

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gavin is right. Its a shame and I'm not thrilled with that prevalence of the siege battles either.

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Game is running like shit on my 3080 at 3440x1440. Only messed with the prologue but gonna have to look into settings. TWW2 ran great.

It took a couple restarts to even change the resolution, it wouldn't let me click the check to keep the change and it would revert after 15 sec.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I'm currently 3 hours and 32 turns into my Slaanesh campaign - so far, I really like it. The campaign is much better than the Vortex campaign in TW:W2 - it seems more focused, as the objectives are clear and there are a ton of missions to usher you towards your goals. My performance is very solid, too - I haven't encountered any bugs at all, end turn times are very quick, and my FPS at 3440x1440 on Ultra settings is easily as high (or higher) than what I currently get on TW:W2 (running on a 3080 Ti).

There are definitely a lot of siege battles, but most of mine have been in the new minor settlement maps rather than the walled settlements that require siege equipment. The new map styles are actually pretty fun, if a little on the video-gamey side with the magic capture points and such. Also, it feels a lot easier to draw in enemies for ambushes and field battles now - using a weak decoy army, I've been able to lure Skarbrand and his Khorne forces into multiple battles.

Of course, there are things I don't care for - for example, the Slaanesh tech tree is very underwhelming and clunky. There are 6 major tech nodes, each with 6 techs to research in each node, each taking 6 turns to research as 6 is the number of Slaanesh. You need to research the first 5 techs to unlock the final tech in each node, but they're often weak, redundant, or very situational. I think one of my first projects when the new Rusted Pack File Manager is updated and the Steam Workshop opens will be to revamp their tech tree with a Sexy Slaanesh Science mod to make it feel more rewarding.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
So far this campaign is better for being an "official mode" campaign.

Gfx are a little odd to me right now even on Ultra. Feels not sluggish? Off? Idk, will see how she goes.

Tzeentch furies are faster than marauder horsemen. Cool faction to play.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
I've gotten a few battles in on the prologue, and it seems alright so far.

I am not gonna do shit for the campaign, outside of getting boris, and treat this game like ME.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
M.E. for WH3 is going to be massive. Maybe too much map?
There are a ton of portals in the WH3 main campaign for getting into/out of/around the Chaos realms. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they added similar portals into the ME map to help navigate around and get to far-flung areas.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
These minor settlement battles are rage inducing, especially with factions with poor mobility. I constantly feel like units are ignoring orders, pathing and LoS issues out the ass, towers are annoying as fuck and pick of my mages chilling behind the front lines. It forces you into melee grinders in choke points against units that have incredible melee bonuses on higher difficulties. The only thing that seems to work on legendary is vortex/wind/bombardment magic and tanking with single entities and using magic and ranged on the blob.

It’s a shame, I love the campaign mechanics, the demon prince is especially well done.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
This looks and feels like a 10+ year old game, not sure what the deal is (it also crashed as I took this screenshot). Maybe I'll try it on a standard monitor after raids tonight, maybe these crappy images in the UI are stretched or something because of the wide resolution. I've never really gotten into these games, much prefer the traditional RTS w/ resource gathering, base building, etc.

1645158942571.png

Burns

First game on very hard, with Chaos Undivided, got to turn 30 before some gobo bastards back caped my main city, while I was off securing the final settlement of the providence. With 2 Empire full stacks coming directly for my lands, I went ahead and restarted.

Second game on VH is going better; killed the gobos first, then secured the providence.

The 970 on the high gfx setting is chugging along just as well as it was for TW:WH 2. No crashes or bugs yet. Changing the scale of the UI helped make it look better, as well.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
First game on very hard, with Chaos Undivided, got to turn 30 before some gobo bastards back caped my main city, while I was off securing the final settlement of the providence. With 2 Empire full stacks coming directly for my lands, I went ahead and restarted.

Second game on VH is going better; killed the gobos first, then secured the providence.

The 970 on the high gfx setting is chugging along just as well as it was for TW:WH 2. No crashes or bugs yet. Changing the scale of the UI helped make it look better, as well.
Saw a vid that said despite being a recommended starter campaign, Chaos Undivided is currently one of the hardest due to start position.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users