Total War: Warhammer

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Held this stack off with a completely undefended minor settlement.

Exhausting micro and felt cheesy. Lots of towers from me.

unknown-217.png

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I had the day off today, nothing to do and my wife worked all day and I had zero desire to play this game. I requested a refund, but I doubt it’ll go through. I’m tired of this unpolished bullshit and brain dead devs who, from what I can tell, never play their own game.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I had the day off today, nothing to do and my wife worked all day and I had zero desire to play this game. I requested a refund, but I doubt it’ll go through. I’m tired of this unpolished bullshit and brain dead devs who, from what I can tell, never play their own game.
Very understandable. I've been playing most of the weekend, and - at around 30 hours played - it's honestly mind-boggling how some of the issues I've run into didn't get caught.

For example: I had to abandon my first campaign as Slaanesh. Why? Because I went to war with a Nurgle faction, and having your lords/heroes spend time in a region with high corruption gives them a negative trait that stacks (Corrupted by Nurgle, -5 to control and -5% to replenishment on each character). Unlike the negative traits you can get from the Realms of Chaos, these corruption traits cannot be removed by any Chaos mono-god faction. Unless I disbanded my dozen heroes/lords inflicted with the trait - most of which were level 20+ and immortal - I'd be stuck in a death spiral. Low control everywhere leads to more rebellions, which I have to fight on top of my other wars, causing damage I can't replenish from fast enough before the next rebellion pops, and so on.

Turns out that the script to trigger the removal of those traits only triggers if your lords/heroes spend time in an area with ZERO corruption - which the Chaos factions can't do, as they automatically generate their favored corruption wherever they go. People have already found the exact snippet of code that's fucking this up and posted on the official forums and Reddit. If the schema for the modding tools was available, I'd fix it myself in 20 minutes. Why didn't CA catch this?

That's just my current major annoyance, but there's a ton more dumb design ideas and sloppy, unpolished issues. Like how the optimal way to play the main campaign is to only expand enough to afford a doomstack on your legendary lord that can easily handle the Realms of Chaos, and then have 1-2 supporting armies that can roam around your provinces fending off invaders and Chaos portal spawns. Or how you can cheese almost any siege or settlement battle with fast stalking units by running past the defenders and capturing the magic control zones.

Maybe I'm spoiled from enjoying TW:W2 for so long, but right now TW:W3 needs at least 4-6 months of solid polishing and bug-fixes, as well as a serious re-thinking of some core gameplay elements.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
800+ hours in TW:WH2.

Played 7 hours of WH3 this weekend. Ogres, Tzeentch, and Cathay. Didn't really enjoy any of it.

Minor settlement battles are really not fun. Sieges are really not fun (worse than WH2, by far. None of these races have any way to get through walls early on). Don't like the UI this time around. Magic is underwhelming.

I'll pick it up again after a patch or two.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Chaos Dwarfs have the most awesome hats.

The only person I ever knew with an actual Chaos Dwarf army was the guy who ran the local Saturday events at the local hobby shop, and he had every army because he got store credit for bringing in customers with the events. He loved that army.

The I Love Tacos and Death hat:
1645417466923.png

My fav has always been the one on the far right:

1645417548630.png

Seriously, so many hats:

1645417609007.png

Edit - To the thread I will only buy this game for the Mortal Empires completeness, when it is on sale in the distant future.

I like the open area battle strategy. It is a game that is supposed to, in some small way, represent the old squares of models on the tabletop. Capturing points and managing choke areas or towers, etc on even minor settlement battles turns me off completely.

I loved 1 and 2, but sieges/city battles were the reason I did not play them a lot more.

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Where are the people who wanted tower defense mini game bullshit in minor settlements again?

Did they hire that Georgeson pony tail moron?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Where are the people who wanted tower defense mini game bullshit in minor settlements again?

Did they hire that Georgeson pony tail moron?

I can't think of anyone here that wanted tower defense. That said I think most wanted a redesign of siege battles all together. I mean CA failed in their redesign but at least they heard and tried

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The only person I ever knew with an actual Chaos Dwarf army was the guy who ran the local Saturday events at the local hobby shop, and he had every army because he got store credit for bringing in customers with the events. He loved that army.

The I Love Tacos and Death hat:
View attachment 399447

My fav has always been the one on the far right:

View attachment 399448

Seriously, so many hats:

View attachment 399449

Edit - To the thread I will only buy this game for the Mortal Empires completeness, when it is on sale in the distant future.

I like the open area battle strategy. It is a game that is supposed to, in some small way, represent the old squares of models on the tabletop. Capturing points and managing choke areas or towers, etc on even minor settlement battles turns me off completely.

I loved 1 and 2, but sieges/city battles were the reason I did not play them a lot more.
Beautiful 😭 little lovelies

1645447197818.jpeg

• 1Mother of God

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I wish CA would have made ogre kingdoms ignore the campaign mechanic completely like the tomb king and vampirates in WHIIs vortex and just sack and pillage like ogres should be doing. I’d be willing to bet that those two campaigns are the most played in vortex and are they only factions I have played vortex since ME came out.

• 3Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
GW did a pretty poor job of creating their world. It's literally just Earth with a circle island in the Atlantic.
/insertalwayshasbeenmeme

When all of your races draw on history RL, and mythical, cultures and societies, it makes perfect sense.

Examples, The Empire draws on the Holy Roman Empire. Britonia is a mix of medieval France & the Knights of the Round Table Legendary. Norsca, for the most part, are vikings. Lizardmen are Aztecs. Orcs feel like Mongolians in some aspects, but so do Ogres.

The list can go on and on when you think about it.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I wish CA would have made ogre kingdoms ignore the campaign mechanic completely like the tomb king and vampirates in WHIIs vortex and just sack and pillage like ogres should be doing. I’d be willing to bet that those two campaigns are the most played in vortex and are they only factions I have played vortex since ME came out.
Absolutely. I despise any game with a doomsday clock mechanic. Just let me play at my own pace.

• 1Solidarity

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
/insertalwayshasbeenmeme

When all of your races draw on history RL, and mythical, cultures and societies, it makes perfect sense.

Examples, The Empire draws on the Holy Roman Empire. Britonia is a mix of medieval France & the Knights of the Round Table Legendary. Norsca, for the most part, are vikings. Lizardmen are Aztecs. Orcs feel like Mongolians in some aspects, but so do Ogres.

The list can go on and on when you think about it.

I know it always has been, it's just lazy.

• 1Like