Total War: Warhammer

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Wouldn't be surprised if it just gives the achievement to anyone who occupies Wei-Jin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hope Tzeentch changes this game quite a bit

Esp a setting like

Towers can be rebuilt: yes/no

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
You’re basically making me want to wait until this is patched.

It hurts me to tell the truth here. I think the Lords, factions and tweaks to things like lightning strike are really good.

Having actual buildings and stuff for the minor settlements is cool. Some defensive options are a good idea. Especially if it's some backwater one you've had up for a while that won't be camped by a lord. So let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. But it needs a serious reconsider or option to go current way vs a new way.

Did any of the streamers go off about it? I barely spoiled anything.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
It also seems like passive income from settlements/provinces are severely reduced.

Flip side, battle wins seem to carry a lot of cash if you win.

• 1Like

skylan

Trakanon Raider
I think I'd enjoy the siege battles more if the pathing wasn't such absolute shit. It seems like their template for settlement design was a variable height swastica for units that can barely make it through a straight passage. You can be fighting against a unit that has 78/80 clumped in front of you but if your unit decides it wants to murder the 2/80 stragglers who hopped a wall onto a different path all hell breaks loose. Barricades are even worse because somehow even if you have a shoulder-to-shoulder army attacking the barricade, enemy armies can partially hop over the wall into your army and block you from attacking the barricade and causing more pathing hell because half of their army is on the other side still.

Also wish they'd improve the cat-and-mouse game and just make the enemy more aggressive. I'd love to actually defend some of these settlements instead of attacking them all day long.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Maul

Dental Dammer
Really disappointed in this, cant say I'm a fan of the new siege battles at all, considering they are like 80% of combat as well makes it total aids.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Something else I noticed.

If someone starts sieging you, pretty noticable casualties start mounting up right away if you don't strike out. If you engage them during the siege, you fight them in an open field battle rather than play the tower defense mini game.

Is my memory off here? I figured if they didn't back off and fought you, it'd be siege battle time.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Building shi

If someone starts sieging you, pretty noticable casualties start mounting up right away if you don't strike out. If you engage them during the siege, you fight them in an open field battle rather than play the tower defense mini game.

Is my memory off here? I figured if they didn't back off and fought you, it'd be siege battle time.

Attrition from being sieged starts on the second turn of the siege, instead of 8-10 turns later. Its less forgiving.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider

I think your memory is off, if you attack a seiging army with your garrison or garrisoned lord you always sallied forth into a open field battle.

the immediate attrition is new to WH3. I think that you take attrition to the garrison but gain additional building supplies for more towers every turn you are under siege.

• 1Like

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
My refund got denied so tonight I thought I’d fire up a khorn campaign and give this game another go. After the first battle I got this hero as the reward and immediately regretted my decision lol. I’d rather have fucking determined
97432162-F788-4784-B65C-1958940077DC.jpeg

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Khorne campaign is a blast though. Spawning armies every time you raze a settlement gets so out of hand quickly. It's also nice that you claim settlements passively so you really don't need to worry too much about defending them. If they get razed they just get reclaimed soon enough.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
A sack/raze economy means you dont have to control as much territory for economy purposes, so a single home army to defend your two or three home provinces while Skarbrand runs wild generating income and skulls works pretty well.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Patch today, pretty disappointing. This is the extent of it:
  • Fixed an issue where the multiplayer lobby would refresh too quickly, preventing players from being able to select and join a room.
  • Fixed an issue which prevented invites to a multiplayer lobby from working properly.
  • The game now runs in DirectX 11 compatibility mode for all users by default. This is to prevent instances where users inadvertently ran on the legacy implementation of the DirectX 12 beta.
  • Improved how 12th generation Intel CPUs (aka ‘Alder Lake’ family) interact with the game, providing more consistent framerates when running on these processors.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I haven’t seen anyone here mention everyone on Reddit is saying the supply lines bug that was patched in WH2 is back. Basically, if you recruit a lord and disband him the +4% increase of supply lines doesn’t get removed when you disband the lord and it stacks. So if you recruit 5 lords to close rifts and disband them you have a permanent +20% upkeep for all your forces for the remainder of your campaign. I haven’t played enough to notice.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
LOL. This is exactly why I wait on Total War titles. They've been a shitshow on day 1 since at LEAST Rome 2, but maybe even since Empire, tbh.

It's almost always best to wait for the first "sale".

• 1Like