Total War: Warhammer

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I just tested the supply line bug, it’s still there. I recruited two lords and dismissed them and the upkeep for blood letters of khorne permanently increased from 190 to 216.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
The more I watch videos about these capture points and oversize walled city sieges the more I am getting turned off by them.

Example.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
k-pop yes GIF

• 1Like

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yup, too many siege battles, by far and the ability to build crap during a siege is really stupid (prior to the battle, during deployment is fine).

Cut Siege battles by a third and cut minor siege battles by two thirds.

• 1Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
I tried to start OK campaign today and noticed that for some reason guard mode kept turning on with my ogres on the first battle. I restarted twice to make sure I wasn’t making a mistake.

The terrible unit response and control is really the biggest thing for me right now, particularly large units. I honestly can’t even get any faction past turn 10 without getting frustrated. One of the things I hated most about WH2 was trying to micro units through the tight streets of siege maps and it seems 10x worse in WH3 and you’re forced into those scenarios more in WH3. Maneuvering around and near enemy barricades is awful. I really starting to question if it’s just me because I don’t see Legend or other streamers having as many issues as I do. I see some complaints on Reddit but not nearly as many as I expected based on my limited experience playing the game. Am I losing it?

This feels so much like I paid $60 to be in the closed beta. It’s a massive step backwards after 5+ years of development. They learned nothing from the complaints of vortex. I’m really just blown away that they though this game was ok to release. Sad! Oh well back to WH2 and getting curb stomped in Elden Ring until we get some mods or a meaningful patch.

• 2Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
Legend just said on stream that he’s finishing his current campaign and then won’t stream until Immortal Empires comes out or the campaign is drastically fixed. He also said he was WAY to generous in his initial review.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Legend just said on stream that he’s finishing his current campaign and then won’t stream until Immortal Empires comes out or the campaign is drastically fixed. He also said he was WAY to generous in his initial review.
Yeah until (I)ME comes out, my playing of this is gonna be limited to co-op'ing with a friend of mine. I am gonna be treating my side of that campaign as (I)ME.

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I tried to start OK campaign today and noticed that for some reason guard mode kept turning on with my ogres on the first battle. I restarted twice to make sure I wasn’t making a mistake.

The terrible unit response and control is really the biggest thing for me right now, particularly large units. I honestly can’t even get any faction past turn 10 without getting frustrated. One of the things I hated most about WH2 was trying to micro units through the tight streets of siege maps and it seems 10x worse in WH3 and you’re forced into those scenarios more in WH3. Maneuvering around and near enemy barricades is awful. I really starting to question if it’s just me because I don’t see Legend or other streamers having as many issues as I do. I see some complaints on Reddit but not nearly as many as I expected based on my limited experience playing the game. Am I losing it?

This feels so much like I paid $60 to be in the closed beta. It’s a massive step backwards after 5+ years of development. They learned nothing from the complaints of vortex. I’m really just blown away that they though this game was ok to release. Sad! Oh well back to WH2 and getting curb stomped in Elden Ring until we get some mods or a meaningful patch.
There is some good news: the Rusted Pack File Manager has been updated just this week with the TW:W3 schemas. While there's no official CA Creation Kit or Workshop support, it's now possible to make and use some basic bug-fix mods.

One dude has already fixed the buggy script I was complaining about the other week that made the mono-god Chaos factions unable to remove negative corruption traits. I've started work on fixing up some of the more egregious oversights from moving from TW:W2 to W3; I'm almost done fixing all the Lord and Hero traits to bring them all back up to where they currently are in TW:W2 Mortal Empires (like undoing the nerfs to traits like Knowledgeable, Strong, etc. while also buffing the new faction-specific traits to get them up-to-par).

Unfortunately, without "official" support from Creative Assembly and the Steam Workshop, using these mods is kind of clunky. They need to be directly installed in the game's data directory as movie files, and have to be manually removed or edited anytime the game updates. Still, it's a start.

• 2Like

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There is some good news: the Rusted Pack File Manager has been updated just this week with the TW:W3 schemas. While there's no official CA Creation Kit or Workshop support, it's now possible to make and use some basic bug-fix mods.

One dude has already fixed the buggy script I was complaining about the other week that made the mono-god Chaos factions unable to remove negative corruption traits. I've started work on fixing up some of the more egregious oversights from moving from TW:W2 to W3; I'm almost done fixing all the Lord and Hero traits to bring them all back up to where they currently are in TW:W2 Mortal Empires (like undoing the nerfs to traits like Knowledgeable, Strong, etc. while also buffing the new faction-specific traits to get them up-to-par).

Unfortunately, without "official" support from Creative Assembly and the Steam Workshop, using these mods is kind of clunky. They need to be directly installed in the game's data directory as movie files, and have to be manually removed or edited anytime the game updates. Still, it's a start.

I was able to play a few games without mods when WH2 came out, but I am having trouble staying motivated without them, in this go around. The factions somehow feel simple in WH3, and I'm not sure if it's because the limited troop selection or the lackluster faction mechanics in the base game.

After playing so many campaigns with mods, I need, at a minimum, all the Steel Faith Overhaul additions/tweaks to enjoy the game. So, I am also (probably) done with it until at least mod support is released.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Muurloen

Legend just went off on CA. Aim for right around the 50 minute mark of today's stream. He was fighting Ungrim at the time.

Hopefully someone clips it up.

• 2Like

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
After playing so many campaigns with mods, I need, at a minimum, all the Steel Faith Overhaul additions/tweaks to enjoy the game. So, I am also (probably) done with it until at least mod support is released.
I always preferred to stay close to vanilla and use mods for QOL and bug fixes in WH2 but now is the perfect time to give SFO a try. Thanks for mentioning that.

• 2Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Legend just went off on CA. Aim for right around the 50 minute mark of today's stream. He was fighting Ungrim at the time.

Hopefully someone clips it up.
This has been CA's MO since at least Rome: 2. Release the game in a "closed beta" state, "fix" it with the first content patch/DLC.

Muurloen

This has been CA's MO since at least Rome: 2. Release the game in a "closed beta" state, "fix" it with the first content patch/DLC.
I am late to the party when it comes to this series. I didnt pick up the game until a steam sale that coincided with Taurox's release. So I guess I've been playing for less than a year?

My experience of the series has been great until tw3 mainline campaign. I am not enjoying it at all. I never touched vortex as well.

During Legend's gameplay today and one of his many rant, he gave a scaling of how bad a launch of a CA Total War game when compared against Rome 2 (which obviously is the worst I amd told and you stated). He gave this one a 7 out of 10 bad.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I am late to the party when it comes to this series. I didnt pick up the game until a steam sale that coincided with Taurox's release. So I guess I've been playing for less than a year?

My experience of the series has been great until tw3 mainline campaign. I am not enjoying it at all. I never touched vortex as well.

During Legend's gameplay today and one of his many rant, he gave a scaling of how bad a launch of a CA Total War game when compared against Rome 2 (which obviously is the worst I amd told and you stated). He gave this one a 7 out of 10 bad.
Yeah, that's pretty damning.

I was pretty stoked about this because of them finally releasing Ogres and my obsession with them. However, having purchased every single TW game since the first Shogun, minus the first Medieval, I know all about how shitty their releases are. It's why I've held off on "day-1" purchasing them ever since Empire. I wanted to Day 1 this, precisely because of my obsession with Ogres, but something in my gut told me to just wait for a sale. I'm glad Elden Ring and Lost Ark came out to keep me distracted and prevent me from not listening to it.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Hasn't this also been the same for the past two Civ releases?

• 1Truth!