Total War: Warhammer

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Steam is being bombarded with poor performance reviews. Are these people mongoloids with toaster-computers or is the game a potato?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Turbo's posts remind me that Warhammer breeds some seriously interesting folks. 100% true Mippo Tale...

There's a Chef I know who worked at Camp David when he was in the military, has pictures with Mandela, Clinton, Bush, etc... you name it. Best stories ever. Guy is as handsome, presentable, normal, professional guy you will ever meet. But in his private life he's exactly like Turbo. When he's not doing some mixed martial arts shit, he's painting and building Warhammer tabletop stuff.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Steam is being bombarded with poor performance reviews. Are these people mongoloids with toaster-computers or is the game a potato?
Game runs well on High for me. i5 4670K 3.4ghz, 8gb RAM, GTX770. Getting 60+ FPS at almost all times(one of the early fights I had 2armies of almost entirely skeletons which are like 160models per unit, it lagged like shit when I packed them together to fit them through the siege door and zoomed in).

There was apparently some issue to load the game at all though, so yeah a lot of retards leaving tech forum complaints as a review, because retards.

Advanced a good bit, starting to get more hectic trying to whackamole all the idiots attacking me then running away. Got 3 armies but covering all my borders is pretty tough at times, and some of these fucks really like running away. My new army I don't have the 10%campaign move speed bonus on Kemmler, so I can't even catch them. Fucking orcs running back and forth in my back too, I don't know what the fuck they're doing but they keep crossing through my lands to go from one point to another, I assume at some point I'm gonna have to kill everything south. Also learned that you kinda want to plan your settlements ahead of time if you want specific high tier units, not too bad but had to destroy a tier3 thing and rebuild it somewhere else to make room.

Variise

N00b
A large part of the performance/complaints came from people getting various issues that were patched with the day 1 patch that came out soon after. It seems like that fixed a majority of the problems or at least a good number of them.

There is a separate problem with Nvidia drivers they know about and are trying to get Nvidia to patch and push a new patch out. No ETA.

Looking at a lot of the complaints they do seem to come from people trying to use potatoes to play the game. Then again there are people successfully playing this on laptop potatoes so /shrug.

I'll try it out later and report back by my computer is stupid so will see what happens.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
So as a fan of Total War games in general (at least in their optimized, non-buggy forms), but as someone who has never played Warhammer anything, is this worth a buy?

turbo

Molten Core Raider
I've only played 1 total war (like the first or 2nd one made) and never knew a single thing about war hammer outside of a 2 month stint in the MMO and so far I am really enjoying it but it is definitely punishing my perfectionist side that likes to optimize everything and expects to win everything. New player it can be abit rough and you are going to lose fights at times.

Still just really getting into it but so far i'm very happy. My computer has some issues with physical memory even though the graphics cards are good and i've had an issue or two with it not loading up and just sitting there for 5 minutes and then crashing but once in game i haven't had one bug or crash so far.

I really want to try and make the mage leader's work but man the empire one just doesn't seem to pack much of a punch. Restarting as Orc's to try out the melee/mage leader and WAAAR!. For a new player i'll say the tutorial pacing to get you into it is actually not horrible, in 99% of games i refuse to read anything or pay attention to anything just wanting to dive in and learn as i go but they do a pretty good job of not making you feel like you are 10 years old for the most part. I've been putting off trying Vampires as it sounds they are more defensive which isn't my flavor but sounds like that leader can nuke some shit so maybe i'll try later tonight.

Not the next coming of jesus but so far i don't see much to complain about outside of not having much eco micro management yet having that almost 100% dictate what you can actually accomplish is abit odd but all and all I wouldn't see why a person wouldn't buy this asap if you have any level of interest in conquest type games with some good RPG elements.

Variise

N00b
Just want to add that the mods to unlock faction leaders in co-op for same faction play and the one that allows any, but Chaos, factions to conquer the realm is broken. The conquer one just got patched by the author but there is a table issue he can't fix until CA implements tables for something required for moding. How they missed that I dunno but until CA patches it there is a specific building you can't raze if you occupy a town you can't normally occupy. The leader mod is just unplayable at all right now because it breaks quests. So the first quest you get around turn 30-40ish will CTD.

Strongly suggest passing on mods for a short while until they get these things ironed out. The fact mods even exist on day 1 is pretty cool but I guess fully working ones were a bit much to hope for.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
You mean "Waaagh!", or do they actually call it WAAAR! in this?
Obviously they don't. He said his only knowledge of warhammer was the mmo for a little bit though, so normal mistake.

Need to increase the difficulty next playthrough, I don't know if it's just cause the AI is retarded or cause it's on normal(was my first time playing total war so figured that'd be fine), but I've been #1 in strength basically since the beginning even with the dwarfs just confederating like crazy. I don't get to play that many fights cause I always have such number superiority it feels like a waste of time to fight an army of 16units with a fair mix of low tier, med tier and a few high tier units with my 2armies that are like midtier infantry+8units of high tier cav each, led by lvl 15-20 vampires lords. Only fight I had a bit of trouble with and ended as a Phyrric victory was one of the quest battles that I chained after the other without healing(was on attrition territory) and they came from 3 different sides but not in the easy "eh guys are coming out of here, maybe deploy right here and rape them as they come out of the walls" reinforcements. Still only lost 3 units total though, but everything was like crumbling and shit it was close.

Been encountering fuckers that just keep running away from fights too. Can't ever catch them unless you pincer them, so I started actually making use of my heroes to block their army, works very well, I just only had been using the necro to build shit and a wight king to buff stuff but now I'm stacking banshees to assassinate/block everything.

Oh and Hexwraiths are fucking awesome, super strong and super cool looking, they pretty much break morale on everything they charge and move super fast to get other charges in.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
Need to increase the difficulty next playthrough
Take it slow is all I can say; this is on Very Hard, after Marienburg was hit with two sea-borne stacks of Norse raiders. Archaon is in the distance with another full stack that I managed to block, thankfully.

EgZNuhR.jpg

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So as a fan of Total War games in general (at least in their optimized, non-buggy forms), but as someone who has never played Warhammer anything, is this worth a buy?
It very much feels like a TW game, in fact it feels so much like a reskinned TW game, i questioned the purchase yesterday. The difference between using a generals battlecry in a regular TW game or an orcs battlecry in this one .. pretty much non-existant if you play with a zoomed out view

The warhammer related mechanics .. they aren't convincing me (yet?) I mean it makes sence that Orcs have to continuously wage war or infighting will occur, but constantly having to attack limits your game plans ..

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Take it slow is all I can say; this is on Very Hard, after Marienburg was hit with two sea-borne stacks of Norse raiders. Archaon is in the distance with another full stack that I managed to block, thankfully.
Yeah just got past these turns, my line of defense at Kislev scared the first 2 smaller stacks and my banshee slowed the bigger stacks long enough that I got the elite bulk of my army from altdorf to kislev. I was only like 3-4turns from destroying the empire too, bad timing, had to peace them. Once I got there though I decimated them. 6 armies, Mannfred on Zombie dragon, another lvl 20+ vampire lord, Kemler lvl 15ish then 3filler armies that hold the garrisons over there so they don't invade further south. They had better values in their big stacks than any of my armies, but their smaller stacks weren't full. And then these idiots split(I think cause of attrition mechanics for chaos?), so I ganked all of them hard.

Now I'm basically done, I need to go back west and clear the rest of the empire, then for full campaign clear I need to run around the mountain razing everything and pop Bretonnia on the way. I expect to be done in 20-25turns, mostly because that shit is so fucking far.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The warhammer related mechanics .. they aren't convincing me (yet?) I mean it makes sence that Orcs have to continuously wage war or infighting will occur, but constantly having to attack limits your game plans ..
Oh yes. Greenskins rarely unite. They're like Germans. They much prefer fighting each other.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
The game is strangely boring for some reason. I united the Reikland and was lucky enough to grab Marienburg undefended because the AI thought it was a good idea to pop out and attack that annoying orc settlement right next to them. Then I sat there, maxed out the Reikland province and got myself two stacks with plenty of elite units.

So I think around turn 50 I had everything the troop tree has to offer since research for buildings or units is not needed and just adds spectacular bonuses like 5% movement speed. Autoresolved a bunch of cities because despite the advertised confederation feature of the Empires campaign, absolutely nobody will ever join you even if you're power ranking 1 and considered to be steadfast.

All in all a weird game so far. It's like they managed to remove all the fun and any kind of depth from the empire/province building. But it runs pretty damn well for a Total War game, I really don't know how they managed that.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I think I read this is the direction they are headed for the next 10 years. It may possibly be that there were concerned about building a solid base game, even if it didn't have many frills, on which to build off of.

Sulrn

Deuces
Autoresolved a bunch of cities because despite the advertised confederation feature of the Empires campaign, absolutely nobody will ever join you even if you're power ranking 1 and considered to be steadfast.
I don't think I've ever seen diplomacy really work for anything other than trade in any of the TW games. Only time alliances really work is early to mid game where you're a contender but not a powerhouse allying with other contenders unless you're bending over backwards to buy people out. Not surprising that it's still the case.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
Is anyone having issues with load times? I really enjoyed the game for the time I played it, but the load times before/after battles were easily 3 minutes +, some felt as long as 5 (I was getting up and stretching, so I didn't count). Now I'm at 111 minutes played, so I'm on the fence about trying to fiddle with options to get it going faster or just requesting a refund and purchasing the game in the future when I make some upgrades or buy a new gaming PC.

Apostolos

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have an odd question maybe. I just finally got a chance to sit down and play this tonight. I was playing empire and got a big stack of early units (spear/sword and some xbow guys) and went after a big stack of vampire units. It was a huge battle but it listed us as being even power even though he had a lot more units (cheap zombies and such). Anyway.. it was back and forth for a bit.. really great fight. It got to a point where I thought I had bitten off more than I could chew and suddenly all of his units just disintegrated..like all of them and I got an instant heroic victory. So what the hell happened? I have no idea how to play the counts, so was wondering if anyone here knew (as the steam forums are locked so could not ask there).