Total War: Warhammer

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Slaanesh is going to get gangbanged but probably likes it. I don't like the Kairos start simply because it isn't near Cathay, but maybe they put another Tzeentch lord there instead. Not a fan of Volkmar starting far away from Empire lands.

The set of starting positions I am most curious about is Dark Elves. There's some potential in those.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not a fan of Volkmar starting far away from Empire lands.
I don't hate it. The Grand Theogonist on a religious crusade in Araby works thematically. Also lets him avoid the Empire mechanic that really only makes sense for Franz anyway. Wish they'd do something different for Gelt, but that might be difficult with him still starting in the Empire proper.

For Franz/Gelt campaigns it just means another faction to send an agent towards in order to confederate before the lizards and skaven take them out.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Slight change in Wulfrik's starting position

---

Patch 1.3.0 - TW3

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Norsca was probably the faction with the absolute least anticipation regarding start position lol. Should've lumped the announcement together with Warriors of Chaos.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Did Norsca ever get a rework or are they still forced into spamming their only worthwhile unit; Mammoths?

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
Did Norsca ever get a rework or are they still forced into spamming their only worthwhile unit; Mammoths?
Nope, no rework for Norsca yet. If the Immortal Empires revamp does well, I'd expect that it could come sometime next year - perhaps after the rumored Chaos Dwarfs DLC.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I never played Norsca... are they a horde faction where razeing settlements is their deal? If so the AI rework of not just ruins dwelling was probably a bit of a help for Norsca

TheAylix

Vyemm Raider
I never played Norsca... are they a horde faction where razeing settlements is their deal? If so the AI rework of not just ruins dwelling was probably a bit of a help for Norsca
Norsca are a semi-normal faction; they can occupy any settlement in Norsca/Frozen/Chaos Wastes normally. They can also occupy most port settlements and the major capital cities (e.g. Khemri, Kislev, Castle Drakenhof, etc.). However, they can't occupy any other settlements. They don't have any horde buildings and rely on god-awful global recruitment with super-long recruit times when away from Norsca proper.

For example: if you're playing as Norsca and you take out the Empire, you can occupy Altdorf but you can't occupy any of the other cities in the Reikland province. The AI absolutely love to take those ruins over - particularly Skaven, as they're one of the few factions you won't instantly be at war with.

I managed to finish a VH Norsca campaign last December for the achievement, and it was like pulling teeth at certain points. Norsca suffer from poor replenishment, weak economy, badly designed skill trees for lords and heroes, and only a few really good units. They were the last DLC faction added to the first Total War: Warhammer, so their mechanics are more than a little outdated. I'm hoping they eventually get a Beastmen-tier overhaul, but I'm sure it'll take quite a while given the launch debacle that was TW:W3.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer

-
More starting positions.

I like where Boris is starting. His starting position in Chaos Realms is terrible.