Total War: Warhammer

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Playing my 1st ever Greenskin campaign as Grimgor (L/VH of course). I had no idea declaring a WAAAGH on a target would instantly declare war whoever that target is, and their allies of course would be brought into it.

So with that said I WAAAGH'd Thorgrim with Grimgor totally out of position, as he is down south finishing off Kroqgar, and all the dawi and border princes are now crashing down on my northern territories. Fighting them off pretty well, but I need to get Grimgor back north ASAP.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Playing my 1st ever Greenskin campaign as Grimgor (L/VH of course). I had no idea declaring a WAAAGH on a target would instantly declare war whoever that target is, and their allies of course would be brought into it.

So with that said I WAAAGH'd Thorgrim with Grimgor totally out of position, as he is down south finishing off Kroqgar, and all the dawi and border princes are now crashing down on my northern territories. Fighting them off pretty well, but I need to get Grimgor back north ASAP.
This is kind of funny when you realize "WAAAGH!" is just Greenskin for "WAR!"

• 1Like

Muurloen

This is kind of funny when you realize "WAAAGH!" is just Greenskin for "WAR!"
I mean, I should have known better, and should have save scummed out of it, but w/e. It has been a fun campaign.

• 1Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Did this ever get any better?
Yeah, main issue still present is minor settlement battles. IE is a three weeks away, and supposedly they're addressing it but haven't said how.

• 1Like

Muurloen

Vilitch getting placed over in Cathay.

1659459766471.png

--

Legend did a pod cast interview.

Last edited:

Muurloen

LOL wait until you see what happens to your army movement as the wagh drags on.
I do the lord recruitment into the WAAAGH army to help negate that. But yeah, Ive notice a pretty sizeable movement difference.

I don't consider it an exploit since the AI does it as well.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Now it makes sense. From the art direction, to the tower mobile game shoved in to changing things that didn't need to be changed. This one got "reimagined".

Last edited:
  • 3Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1659714851317.png

Mobile game tower spam

Edit - Yes, I am complaining about winning

Last edited:

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
And rightfully so. Its a horrible mechanic that doesn't make the sieges more dynamic, as was their intent.

I'm still boycotting #3 until a significant portion of the mechanics are changed.

Meester

Trakanon Raider
That final Khorne video better be good. Slaanesh aside these have been mediocre.
False, Tzeentch was good.

And rightfully so. Its a horrible mechanic that doesn't make the sieges more dynamic, as was their intent.

I'm still boycotting #3 until a significant portion of the mechanics are changed.

You going to boycott Immortal Empires too?

Just use mods until they get round to revamping it.

• 1Like

Leviothan

Trakanon Raider
My original opinion of Warhammer 3 as a casual was that it was fine but the campaigns were annoying. I like the multiplayer "Going at the same time" change they made and I like the Chaos Daemon armies + Ogres.

But after finally playing Warhammer 2, I can say that one is much better from a battle perspective which is the major selling point of the game. The tower defense thing in 3 is so appalling that it makes the game obnoxious to play. I also am not a fan of the UI changes. Tag onto of that, the campaigns suck for the most part. Those chaos portals opening up while also dealing with shit on the regular map is a huge annoyance and feels detracting.

If Immortal Empires minimizes or does away with the Chaos Rifts and removes the Tower Defense or makes it a different settlement tier - Major Settlement = Siege, Outpost = Tower Defense, Minor Settlement (Regular field battle), I think it could be redeemable.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My original opinion of Warhammer 3 as a casual was that it was fine but the campaigns were annoying. I like the multiplayer "Going at the same time" change they made and I like the Chaos Daemon armies + Ogres.

But after finally playing Warhammer 2, I can say that one is much better from a battle perspective which is the major selling point of the game. The tower defense thing in 3 is so appalling that it makes the game obnoxious to play. I also am not a fan of the UI changes. Tag onto of that, the campaigns suck for the most part. Those chaos portals opening up while also dealing with shit on the regular map is a huge annoyance and feels detracting.

If Immortal Empires minimizes or does away with the Chaos Rifts and removes the Tower Defense or makes it a different settlement tier - Major Settlement = Siege, Outpost = Tower Defense, Minor Settlement (Regular field battle), I think it could be redeemable.
Immortal Empires won't have Chaos Rifts or any other feature of the TWH3 campaign just like Mortal Empires didn't have any aspect of the Vortex Race in TWH2.

Muurloen

1660073089669.png

So much empty space to the east. I know for the time being they it is gonna be filled in with Chaos Dwarves and other Cathayan factions in time, and for now it will be filled with minor factions.

Curious on how much this is gonna hit Grimgor, if he survives against Kolek.

Last edited:
  • 1Like