Transformers 4: Baylicious

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I really liked Bad Boys. Then Bad Boys 2 became 2 movies in 1. It absolutely could have ended earlier, but then it became a police assault on Cuba or some shit. It didn't need to be that at all.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
Best review I've read so far on Rotten Tomatoes for this movie.

Transformers: Age of Extinction has appalling dialogue, deplorable representations of women, un-self-aware action sequences, very little humour and racial stereotyping. In other words, it's a Michael Bay movie.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I have to paraphrase Douglas Adams on this one. The first eight hours were the worst. The second eight hours were the worst too. After that it went into a bit of a decline.

The best thing to be said for it is that at least you could usually tell which robot was which.

Who would have thought taking the retarded comedy out of number 3 would make it even worse.

spronk

FPS noob
i hope all the nations of the earth can unite in a pledge to not go to theaters and watch this movie, so that the bay raping can finally be stopped. amen

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I cannot say no to Optimus Prime. Even the Bay bastardized version. He is still my childhood hero.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Currently at 21% RT with 3.9 rating. That's Revenge of the Fallen level, not even Dark of the Moon.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I'm looking forward to it. I've come to believe that Bay is far more self aware and far more aggressively cynical than most people think, and his movies when viewed from this perspective take on unrelenting subversive tone that I really like.

Blackyce

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm looking forward to it. I've come to believe that Bay is far more self aware and far more aggressively cynical than most people think, and his movies when viewed from this perspective take on unrelenting subversive tone that I really like.
rrr_img_69999.jpg

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
13% and 3.5/10 rating. So that slight feeling of maybe I should see it using a free rain check pass has come and gone...

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Saw it. Was better than I expected it to be. Did not feel 2 hours and 37 minutes long.

Action and Bay-splosions were well spaced IMHO.

Probably the best story arc of all 4 Transformers movies.

Had a solid ending with two possible ways for 5 to go.

Only gripe ... The Dinobots.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
this movie was fucking sweet. light years better than that piece of shit x-men movie and i'd put it up there with captain america 2. saw it in IMAX and the 3D was easily the best i've seen to date. to emphasize how much i liked it, i was in a theater with a crying baby and a bunch of dotheads and Faulty Armors who didn't laugh at any of stanley tucci's hilarious antics and i still thoroughly enjoyed myself. also i was pretty much sober and was with a chick who is honestly pretty ugly. great movie.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Best 3d I've seen since Dredd, met my expectations overall and I enjoyed the movie. Damn fully reclining seats and a long day means I need to go read through the story because I missed a few things.

Not sure I'd put it over the first one, prefer it over the other two though.

Really didn't like John Goodman as an Autobot. Liked the character, but was distracting because it was Goodman if that makes any sense

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
489 page pdf treatise on the hidden genius of the Transformers trilogy so far.

http://np.reddit.com/r/movies/commen...series/cigghj4

my tl;dr from 1/3rd in is: Michael Bay has made these movies to be an overblown satire of the action genre. Inflated military love, even when the military is jaw-droppingly overconfident, aggressive, and trampling over the rights of citizens and other nations. Racist token side characters, the black guy that dies first, crazy smart asians, etc. Megan Fox is an over the top piece of eye candy. Shia LeBouf is a man-child that is basically the young adult audience for action movies writ large. Optimus Prime is of dubious morality. Megatron is a much more rounded and changed character than anyone else. I mean, he's left alone for thousands of years and the first people that he meets that might free him instead lock him up in a prison and vivisect him for their own fortune. And he is aware during all of this because he learned English during his captivity. No wonder he was so angry. He's just trying to prevent his race from dying out.

t;dr of the post. Michael Bay made an action move that was super action movie so we could confront the issues that are prevalent in the genre. We decided it was just an action movie so don't worry about it. So he had to make a sequel that was worse (the twins). Repeat ad nauseum until we get it.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
There are certain movies that I'll buy that from. Prometheus and signs become much better one you know what the movie is ACTUALLY about. I don't buy that kind of hidden meaning from bay. He's too in your gave for subtle, hidden messages

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I don't buy the hidden space jesus shit from Prometheus either, it was just bad.