Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (2023)

spronk

FPS noob
robot stuff is pretty fun, they do a good job with the CGI fights and colors so everything is clear and easy to follow. Human stuff is hot garbage and the two leads are bad.

The plot is utter nonsense, I know basic stuff about Transformers so could follow along but its still not good at all, I think they try to tie it into all the other movies which makes it incomprehensible at times. Why is Optimus Prime and team on Earth? Why does he want to get back to Cybertron? Probably part of Bumble Bee so I guess required viewing? Why didn't the retard maximals destroy the key long ago?

Unicron (?) looked kinda neat, makes you wonder how a Galactus FF movie would look with modern tech.

Scourge was kinda neat but he was basically S-tier until he wasn't, super bizarre power levels in the movie.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
robot stuff is pretty fun, they do a good job with the CGI fights and colors so everything is clear and easy to follow. Human stuff is hot garbage and the two leads are bad.

The plot is utter nonsense, I know basic stuff about Transformers so could follow along but its still not good at all, I think they try to tie it into all the other movies which makes it incomprehensible at times. Why is Optimus Prime and team on Earth? Why does he want to get back to Cybertron? Probably part of Bumble Bee so I guess required viewing? Why didn't the retard maximals destroy the key long ago?

Unicron (?) looked kinda neat, makes you wonder how a Galactus FF movie would look with modern tech.

Scourge was kinda neat but he was basically S-tier until he wasn't, super bizarre power levels in the movie.

Just watched Bumblebee the other day, was actually pretty decent in so much as it's set in the 80s and the Transformers it features definitely gave me the nostalgia feels.

Optimus sends Bumblebee to Earth to secure the planet ahead of the Autobots evacuating there after losing the battle for Cybertron. They plan on regrouping and building their strength back up before retaking their homeworld.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Just watched Bumblebee the other day, was actually pretty decent in so much as it's set in the 80s and the Transformers it features definitely gave me the nostalgia feels.

Optimus sends Bumblebee to Earth to secure the planet ahead of the Autobots evacuating there after losing the battle for Cybertron. They plan on regrouping and building their strength back up before retaking their homeworld.
Bumblebee is the best of the Transformer movies imo.

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Oldbased

> Than U
They for sure Fast and Furious'd the fuck out of this one but it was worth it for the final scene.
I had 3 loves as a kid on TV.
GI JOE
Transformers
and my old beta tape collection Robotech.

Actually dropped D&D when the RPG manuals came out for the last one, ran campaigns all the way till almost 18 on Robotech and Car Wars, but I am optimistic about the other 2 being combined.
Movie was ok, it was a bit overdone on action and don't really care about the diversity they used in this case.
Noticed they retcon'd Bee somewhat, guess they didn't pay the ad money.
Also, why is it the "heros" who help Prime and them are never seen again, did they move on to Doordashing or something?

• 1Like

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They for sure Fast and Furious'd the fuck out of this one but it was worth it for the final scene.
I had 3 loves as a kid on TV.
GI JOE
Transformers
and my old beta tape collection Robotech.

Actually dropped D&D when the RPG manuals came out for the last one, ran campaigns all the way till almost 18 on Robotech and Car Wars, but I am optimistic about the other 2 being combined.
Movie was ok, it was a bit overdone on action and don't really care about the diversity they used in this case.
Noticed they retcon'd Bee somewhat, guess they didn't pay the ad money.
Also, why is it the "heros" who help Prime and them are never seen again, did they move on to Doordashing or something?

I played the ass off Robotech, it was the Palladium system right with MDC and SDC? Rifts was pretty awesome too.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
saw this on the plane, the voice acting was attrocious. the girls were fine, but ugh every just sounded horrible... and i'm coming as a kid of the 80s who grew up w/ peter cullen and all his voices, he sounded like he had a head cold, or he's just getting now, and his prime was like a retard.

of course the diversity humans are horrible, why the hell is wheeljack a mexican?

i would never willingly rewatch this again, whereas i watch 1986 movie once a year, have never watched any of the bayformers more than once

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This turned on somehow on my TV so started watching. I didn't think it was possible to be that bad. I liked the animation/depiction but everything else was cringe. Wish I never saw part of this movie