Transformers: Rise of the Beasts (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
uess beast wars was a thing back then, because I remember Scorponok being a large one that came out in like...

. Scorponok was a late G1 character.

Beast Wars was a reboot of sorts that debuted in the mid 90s.

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
That's a thing?

I remember OG Transformers. I had a ton of the toys. I guess beast wars was a thing back then, because I remember Scorponok being a large one that came out in like... elementary school. I didn't have it, but I still remember wanting it. I did get this one that had a few different transforming styles called Sixshot. I also remember Rodimus Prime and a bunch of others.
I watched beast wars. I'd catch the first half of the episode in the morning before going to catch the bus. When I got home, I'd run from the bus stop to catch the 2nd half of the episode. The timing was funny for me. Usually I'd get the tv on and see the last 2 minutes or so I watched before going out in the morning.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i remember seeing horrible cgi and optimus goes and says this

nope

• 1WTF
  • 1Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Reboot will forever be the shit, they really should have made more.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

They tried. After those 2 movies, they tried to pitch further continuations but no one wanted it. The only pitch that got made was the live action shit they came out with that barely had anything to do with the original reboot besides Megabyte and a brief cameo by Bob and Dot.

But ya, the original cartoon (esp season 3) was awesome

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
they gave wheeljack urkel glasses...
2f3fd2e5a97620f58789e5f8a290d009.png

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So the movie that features the beast transformers is the one with the all black cast. Makes sense.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
i've noticed that trend lately. the actual trailer doesn't show that twice, but right as the video starts, they show like a trailer for the trailer for some reason.
Yep, its a new stupid thing. I guess attention spans are so short now, they’re trying to make it a norm

Skylancer81

Molten Core Raider
Just watched a shaky cam rip of it. I liked it a little more than Bubblebee, and more than all but the first Bay Transformers. The end scene opens up some amazing possibilities going forward.

Not sure if this and Bubblebee are full on reboots now or prequels still. Since this one took place in 1994 they have 13 years before the First Transformers, but this one does rip a lot of holes in the continuity if it is pure prequel. No Decepticons was a little weird, but having Terracons and Predacons made more sense anyway.

Probably will be the first movie I go see in theaters this year, instead of just watching rips.

j00t

"Bubblebee?"

hm. anyway, just watched it and it was... alright? say what you want about shia lebouf and mark wahlberg, they are at least charismatic... NO ONE in this movie had any of it. even peter cullen, who's voice SHOULD command all kinds of respect is just... either he's getting long in the tooth or just phoning it in at this point but i just wasn't feeling it in this movie. i suppose optimus primal was good... michael bay has a lot of issues with his movies, but he does know how to make characters look heroic... i can't think of a single heroic moment from this movie that wasn't also just silly.

i think the dialogue was awful and the inter-team drama felt completely forced. it may be one of those things where better actors could have pulled it off but to the two human leads were... lacking. maybe it's because i found them unattractive and insufferable, but whatever romance angle they were going for felt so contrived and non-existant. the ONLY reason they had anything going on between them is because they were literally the only 2 humans in sight for 75% of their scenes. they know nothing about each other beyond their names and so the couple of moments where they have heart to heart talks feel utterly forced because they aren't communicating the way people do. it comes across as just exposition with flirty eyes.

and another thing. notice how the dude has plenty of real life skills but can't get a job, can't get anything going for him, can't get a win in any way at all... but the chick who is AN INTERN knows all kinds of ancient egyptian and sudanese languages and can EASILY decipher whether or not all these art pieces are fake or not and her boss can't seem to actually do anything at all without her help? the insight of AN INTERN? wtf. i'm not asking for complex characters, i'm just asking for hollywood to write realistic characters. read: NOT strong, independent young women who are excellent at everything without ever having to actually work at being good at anything.

i'm not one of those guys who screams about woke this and that, girls get it done, all women are mary sue's... but good gravy when it's over the top obvious i can't help it. and it's not like i think they were nefariously trying to preach "the agenda" i just think the writers were so awful that this is just how it turned out.

anyway, the end scene made me think "hmm... that is POTENTIALLY very cool..." i just honestly don't think this will do well enough to warrant any further sequels.

j00t

ALSO... the airplane transformer...

other transformers get beat up and wounded and all that, and yet the next scene they are back to tip top shape. the airplane never gets hurt or wounded but is perpetually all junked out. which makes me think... was he specifically designed to be all junked out? you get starscream who's an f-22 raptor, sideswipe is a corvette stingray concept, bumblebee is several different camaro's, drift was a bugatti veyron and the airplane dude, stratosphere, is just permanently a piece of smokey, rattly junk. the god of transformers, primus, must hate that guy