Travelers

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
David was annoying as all fuck for like 75% of the show and was pretty fucking awesome for the last 25%. He had an actual character arc and provided some much needed comedic relief after a while. There were so many bad or boring characters in the show that even his annoying parts stood out as something interesting.

Show definitely needed more Grace though.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I was sad that we didn't get a Grace/Oldest Man creepy inverted romance. I liked the idea of both the characters and wanted to see grace get her groove back. Asian nerd style. PURE CRINGE.

They hinted at it. I wanted to see that. lol.

Maybe if it hadn't been for Hollywood going sex insane we would have seen it. Thanks #metoo/Obama.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
David becomes *mildly* amusing in the archivist episode, but that isn't hard considering the rest of the vanilla cast, and they had to introduce at least some *cringe* into the episode when Marcy installed a net-nanny in his neck to track him since he's such a walking mangina.

I'm starting to get used to the non stop low key SJW nonsense injected into television, but my detector mechanisms have also been heightened. The Marcy/David gender reversal is annoying and cringy, the black chick beating the crap out of her cop husband plus playing protector to her new neighbor also feels hamfisted. Nowhere near as bad as some other shows, but still cringe.

iannis

Musty Nester
The gender reversal is an old device. You see it in sitcoms a lot.

I didn't see it as SJW infestation as much as tropey as hell. The whole show. That's why I refer to it as pulp, it deals in established tropes. But it does so in a surprisingly competent and entertaining way. It always impressed me when something like this show works. It probably shoupdnt, but it manages to.

V for Vendetta is like that. The entire movie is one running cliche. It's the way it's stitched together that makes it worthwhile.

I liked the abused black woman storyline the least, too.

velk

Trakanon Raider
I liked the abused black woman storyline the least, too.

I agree, although I'll give them credit for trying something different - becoming a strong, confident woman and kicking the shit out of abuser arguably makes things worse, which isn't something you see very often.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Finally finished watching the last season, I liked it. Think Grace was my favorite character.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I'm fine with how it ended. Not sure they could really do any better without just tripping over their own dick.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I thought travellers was on of Netflixs more popular shows. Happy how it ended at least

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
The way season 3 ended I thought it would be the end of the "team" and if anymore was gonna be made it would be with a new cast.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
aww. not at all surprising though. I thought maybe they'd do a cast reset, but I guess that wasn't really in the plan.

I'm happy both with how it ended and just the fact that it ended. It's nice to have a finale episode for things like this instead of them just getting cancelled.