Travelers

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I mean, it's not really a coincidence that as the Travelers saved more people by stopping mass casualty events, the frequency of said events increased and at shorter intervals. What often did change however was the cause and reason for many of those incidents. MacLaren's success in stopping Helios in s1 and Philip consistently breaking protocols in s1 are both direct and indirect catalysts for the majority of what happens in s2 and s3 as it results in the birth of the Faction. One of the things the Faction believes in is decreasing the human population to change the future, not saving it, and they use the knowledge of the disasters of the future to bring it on and at a faster pace.

Things quicken during s3 because of
their alliance with 001 which for the first time gave them the financing they needed to actually start shit where before they literally had to rely on all support from the future that only was able to come when the Director was temporarily KO'd.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I liked it. Good ending if the show's done. I hope it's not, I like the cast, I like the premise. Would watch more Marci any day

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I liked the ending but a couple of things confused me.

I thought 001 just wanted to let humanity play out how it should not nuke the world. Also isn't Marcy supposed to be retarded without a traveler? Did she already get replaced and fixed herself?

Bricktop

Trakanon Raider
If I remember right she wasn't retarded till 001 stared his experiments on her.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I thought 001 just wanted to let humanity play out how it should not nuke the world. Also isn't Marcy supposed to be retarded without a traveler? Did she already get replaced and fixed herself?
To the second, wasnt she a nurse and it got inflicted upon her by a traveler?

Skinner

Trakanon Raider

From what I understand (long version)
You're right on 001. He basically just wanted to live his life out and his primary concern was him and his family. However, the Director wouldn't let him live his life out. He was supposed to die in 9/11 after his proof of concept mission but he didn't, he wasn't part of the Directors grand plan and is a rogue element in the timeline, and he routinely would break all protocols that were designed to preserve the timeline that the Director wanted to create in order to enrich himself - all of which the penalty is death. When the Director found him and killed his wife he realized the Director will never stop hunting him and he went on the offensive in an attempt to stay one step ahead of the Director. If you can remember back to the episodes when 001 kidnapped MacLaren's Traveler team and the questions he asked, some of those questions were to determine if the Travelers mission team was him.

001 wanted nothing to do with the Faction and didn't believe in their mission, either, but the leader of the Faction convinced him that in the timeline shes from the Director never stops hunting him and he becomes the face of the resistance. The only way to stop the Director was to control or destroy it, and the best way to do that was to ally with the Faction who had knowledge of the current future. The nukes that went off weren't supposed to end humanity as much as they were supposed to greatly reduce the human population and provide a timeline where they are in control of the AI (which is why the nukes were placed in the Archives). David foils that plan, superpowers blame US as the US nuke was disarmed by David, Director is blind and goes Omega, timeline is worse and Armageddon shifts to now, so 001 transfers his consciousness throughout the internet for both self preservation and in the hope that in the future when the AI is created 001 would be in perfect position to take immediate control.

• 1Like

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
From what I understand (long version)
You're right on 001. He basically just wanted to live his life out and his primary concern was him and his family. However, the Director wouldn't let him live his life out. He was supposed to die in 9/11 after his proof of concept mission but he didn't, he wasn't part of the Directors grand plan and is a rogue element in the timeline, and he routinely would break all protocols that were designed to preserve the timeline that the Director wanted to create in order to enrich himself - all of which the penalty is death. When the Director found him and killed his wife he realized the Director will never stop hunting him and he went on the offensive in an attempt to stay one step ahead of the Director. If you can remember back to the episodes when 001 kidnapped MacLaren's Traveler team and the questions he asked, some of those questions were to determine if the Travelers mission team was him.

001 wanted nothing to do with the Faction and didn't believe in their mission, either, but the leader of the Faction convinced him that in the timeline shes from the Director never stops hunting him and he becomes the face of the resistance. The only way to stop the Director was to control or destroy it, and the best way to do that was to ally with the Faction who had knowledge of the current future. The nukes that went off weren't supposed to end humanity as much as they were supposed to greatly reduce the human population and provide a timeline where they are in control of the AI (which is why the nukes were placed in the Archives). David foils that plan, superpowers blame US as the US nuke was disarmed by David, Director is blind and goes Omega, timeline is worse and Armageddon shifts to now, so thanks for the write up. I appreciate it. 001 transfers his consciousness throughout the internet for both self preservation and in the hope that in the future when the AI is created 001 would be in perfect position to take immediate control.

Thanks for the write up man, I appreciate it. I thought he took over the defense ministers from Russia and China and launched a massive nuclear strike taking out the world.Kinda like he pulled some Lawnmower Man shit.

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
Thanks for the write up man, I appreciate it. I thought he took over the defense ministers from Russia and China and launched a massive nuclear strike taking out the world.Kinda like he pulled some Lawnmower Man shit.

The Faction took over their leaders and most of the cabinets, but I'm not sure they took over them in order to guarantee the strike goes through. It's possible. After all the world leaders get taken over and the strike is launched, Grant tells the FBI lady that somehow 001 took over the future and he doesn't know how. When she asks why 001 would do this (the strike) he replies he wouldn't, but that the governments must have standing orders to launch the missiles in the event that their leadership is overwritten. It's possible the Faction wanted this outcome and they just used 001 to get it and he was never allowed to control the AI (as one of the points of their organization was to get rid of it entirely - destiny in humanities hand). Another possibility is the Faction completely fucked up and without the computing power of the Director/AI and knowledge of the governments standing orders they didn't know overwriting world leaders would result in checkmate.

• 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show is my guilty pleasure. I sense that it's bad, but I end up watching multiple episodes back to back.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Binged all 3 seasons this week. Really well done show. Wrapped up nice and neat.

Halfway through season two I joked that David was the actual hero of the show. I loved his and Marci's story line.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
This show is my guilty pleasure. I sense that it's bad, but I end up watching multiple episodes back to back.
It's kinda goodbad though. S1 Westwood was way better, but travellers is far superior to s2 westworld.

It's more like it this was the 50s, we'd call this show pulp. Really good pulp though.

if everything was dark mirror I'd be terrified of watching tv.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The end showing Marci and David together for the feels makes no sense. That isn't the Marci he fell in love with, that's not things working out that is no different than him just meeting any other person.

I can't tell if this show is over, are we in a situation where it's not yet been signed so they have to kinda end it with a possibility of continuing?

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
The end showing Marci and David together for the feels makes no sense. That isn't the Marci he fell in love with, that's not things working out that is no different than him just meeting any other person.

I can't tell if this show is over, are we in a situation where it's not yet been signed so they have to kinda end it with a possibility of continuing?

Yeah I wish it would have ended with the nuclear strike and then the version 1failure start version 2.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I'm not done with the season yet, but holy crap I love Grace. Steals every damn scene she's in.

iannis

Musty Nester
That ended really well. So we'll that I hope they do more seasons. The writing is on point and the casting director s have a good eye. It would actually be neat to see a Dr who type of setup with rotating casts.

They could keep those balls in the air for a while.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I finished this up over the holiday and really did like the ending. I agree that it could be a series finale, but I'd prefer if it wasn't. Given that its Brad Wright who created it having all the Stargate Alums show up each season has been pretty fun. Was also nice seeing several of the actors change considerably as they got overwritten by Travelers. which has to be extremely fun for any actor.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I stopped watching after the first season, the drug addict and blonde doctor just seemed like bad characters which should never have been placed on that team. Do they get better?

You and I might have our absolute hate of the 'addict' storyline in common. It's done way to death in TV/Movies. I roll my eyes everytime it comes about.

That said I like the new season so far. I only have time for 1-2 episodes a night, so it's my binge protection ;)