Travelers

Inque

FunEmployed
The end showing Marci and David together for the feels makes no sense. That isn't the Marci he fell in love with, that's not things working out that is no different than him just meeting any other person.

I can't tell if this show is over, are we in a situation where it's not yet been signed so they have to kinda end it with a possibility of continuing?

Yea, I was a bit miffed at first until I realized Grant sacrificed himself to go back and just unwind "everything" - remember, Marcy worked as a nurse and was mistakenly placed into a mental disability clinic and couldn't fend for herself; In the alternative timeline, she was still a nurse having nothing occurred to cause her impairment and eventually met David through natural consequences. I like the way they handled the finale, I'm curious where Grant and everyone ended up though, he did go back 21 years so where does the new program show up..."

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Yea, I was a bit miffed at first until I realized Grant sacrificed himself to go back and just unwind "everything" - remember, Marcy worked as a nurse and was mistakenly placed into a mental disability clinic and couldn't fend for herself; In the alternative timeline, she was still a nurse having nothing occurred to cause her impairment and eventually met David through natural consequences. I like the way they handled the finale, I'm curious where Grant and everyone ended up though, he did go back 21 years so where does the new program show up..."

I wonder if the director and Grant get in a fight for control since Grant knows what's going to happen and how to stop it.

Inque

FunEmployed
I wonder if the director and Grant get in a fight for control since Grant knows what's going to happen and how to stop it.

I think Grant succeeded in stopping the Traveler program; They didn't send 001, Grant was effectively 001 already. I can't figure a scenario where the Director sends anyone because outside of the fixed point events, Grant stopped any escapades outside of that. They'll probably just send the regular teams an we may see a redo of Season 1/2, except maybe there will be...two Grants? Paradox...

Skinner

Trakanon Raider
I think Grant succeeded in stopping the Traveler program; They didn't send 001, Grant was effectively 001 already. I can't figure a scenario where the Director sends anyone because outside of the fixed point events, Grant stopped any escapades outside of that. They'll probably just send the regular teams an we may see a redo of Season 1/2, except maybe there will be...two Grants? Paradox...

The last scene where Grant is sending the message to the Director takes place in one of the buildings that falls during 9/11. He locks the door and stands in front of the window, looking out, as the clock shows it's 3ish min before the first building is historically hit. If there is a S4 and they decide to reuse the body I guess they could show him escaping or being overwritten. As for Traveler Grant (I forget his #name), during/after the Helios mission it's stated that as they change the timeline it's more than likely that they won't be born in the future as their version of the future never happens. Traveler Grant is from a future where 001 is sent back and Helios-685 happens, both of which Traveler Grant presumably stops before 9/11 kills him.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, it's either a series finale, or a cast reset.

They could make a new season with the same cast and have some convoluted timey-wimey that's acceptable. My guess is that the contracts for the actors are finished though, and this show has been popular enough that they can move on to other work. Marcy has popped up in small parts in lots of stuff. Grant made Will and Grace money back in the 90's and can basically just do what he wants to do. The other 3 were unknowns and this gave them a lot of exposure. I don't know that, but if i'm guessing it would make sense.

They've created a strong enough series that they can run different casts through it and maintain the series. They can even have fan favorites pop into episodes sometimes. Dr. Who does that.

As much as I like this cast, and I do like the cast, I'm sort of hoping that if there's a S4 they do that. All of the character story lines concluded. Phillip and The Oldest Man were slipping into the inevtiable dementia that was their sacrifice of service, David and Marcy had their love and their tragic ending, Grant was forced to sacrifice the present in order to serve the future multiple times culminating with his own life. The black girl's story was the weakest. She.. learned how to be a strong independant woman? But she already WAS a strong independant woman. I think her story is that she learned to love the child, and was forced to sacrifice that child for the greater good.

The entire theme is sacrifice for all of them. Sacrifices were made.

New cast... new theme.

And if it's done, well sadface. But it was a good damn show, and that's a great way to end it.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
You also have to remember that Will & Grace is back in production. I'm actually surprised that he was able to schedule doing this and Will & Grace this past year.

Inque

FunEmployed
Yeah, it's either a series finale, or a cast reset.

They could make a new season with the same cast and have some convoluted timey-wimey that's acceptable. My guess is that the contracts for the actors are finished though, and this show has been popular enough that they can move on to other work. Marcy has popped up in small parts in lots of stuff. Grant made Will and Grace money back in the 90's and can basically just do what he wants to do. The other 3 were unknowns and this gave them a lot of exposure. I don't know that, but if i'm guessing it would make sense.

They've created a strong enough series that they can run different casts through it and maintain the series. They can even have fan favorites pop into episodes sometimes. Dr. Who does that.

As much as I like this cast, and I do like the cast, I'm sort of hoping that if there's a S4 they do that. All of the character story lines concluded. Phillip and The Oldest Man were slipping into the inevtiable dementia that was their sacrifice of service, David and Marcy had their love and their tragic ending, Grant was forced to sacrifice the present in order to serve the future multiple times culminating with his own life. The black girl's story was the weakest. She.. learned how to be a strong independant woman? But she already WAS a strong independant woman. I think her story is that she learned to love the child, and was forced to sacrifice that child for the greater good.

The entire theme is sacrifice for all of them. Sacrifices were made.

New cast... new theme.

And if it's done, well sadface. But it was a good damn show, and that's a great way to end it.

Edit: corrected a character mix up...

Also, Carly's character arc from Season 1 is that Grant (in the future) is her husband, they traveled back and into separate bodies. There's no guarantee they would meet up again as a married couple, so not only did Grant lose his wife, he lost her "twice" and Carly was never able to recouple with him for the last three seasons and basically dealt with that and the loss of having a child but not having a child. Her frustrations were taken aside with Jeff.

Also speaking of Grace, she was my favorite as well. Her reactions to shit just made the lulz even better.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Carly and Grant weren't married. They were having an affair that was against the rules of the program.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Giving this a try since there seems to be a lot of positive reviews here, but really not seeing the appeal so far towards the end of season 1. I meant it's alright-- average "pass the time" entertainment, but it's pretty slow overall and relatively predictable. I also really don't care for any of the characters or relationships-- FBI dude and his wife, social worker and retard blonde, nor football kid and his parents. IMHo at least so far, it needs more sci-fi, more future shit/lore, and less generic drama.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's fairly heavy on generic drama. The back half of s1 I didn't much like either.

if you don't like the pretty retarded doctor girl, you might not care for the series honestly. Her and David are kind of the backbone. If there is a backbone. They do afraid job spreading the story around.

khorum

Murder Apologist
There's a lot of filler but it's a good time-travel show.

It all hinges on keeping the "mystique" of the deprivation and misery that the future is like though. As far as I know they've only actually shown that in the show a couple times; which is wise. If the show ever buckles and shows "the future" it would rob the show of much of its power and they'd cancel it shortly.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Season 2 has been a lot better. However I can’t stand David— he’s the quintessential soyboy cringe.

• 1Worf

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I just finished season 3. Thought it was pretty good. Not sure where they go from there if there is a season 4.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Every time I click this thread I fear the message about the show being cancelled

• 1Like

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Midway through season 3 and at this point watching it to finish it. It would be FAR better if they dumped the interpersonal relationship boringness. I don't give a shit about McLaren's wife's emotional issues, I don't give a shit about alcoholic dindu cop's relationship struggles, and I definitely don't give a shit about the inverted, laughable, and cringeworthy blondie/David relationship. I keep hoping David gets overwritten with a master shitlord but it isn't happening.

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Stop being dead inside!

David Marc y is so sappy. But if you accepted her retard acting then this is what you deserve. DESERVE.

Prepare for maximum sap.

Ladro

Anomaly
Wrapped this up last night after binging all 3 seasons the last couple weeks. What a terrific show. Hope they continue but...

The 3 seasons are a closed loop so if they do iterate into Traveller 2.0 it could be an entirely different cast with an entirely different story. Not a bad idea to continue forward, just sucks it would be a new cast; not necessarily a bad thing but I thought they did a great job telling the overarching story and the character development absolutely pays off in the end.

The last 3 episodes alone in season 3 make this worth watching in entirety. Great writing and story progression.

One thought I had:

001 was a failsafe for the Director sort of like a state flag in programming. If shit went bad it could send a team to correct it, which is effectively what happened. However with time travel everything always gets weird. It felt like Grant was always going to go back and meet Kat at that spot and that was why he was able to get her in the first place because he already knew her. Not a paradox, but a closed time loop.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Stop being dead inside!

David Marc y is so sappy. But if you accepted her retard acting then this is what you deserve. DESERVE.

Prepare for maximum sap.

David to Marcy after she schooled him on basic firearm usage like not looking down the barrel: "But Marcy I won't always have you around to protect me!". Shit was like Star Wars level cringe.

• 1Worf