True Detective

Fedor

<Banned>
I am entitled to an opinion, i gave an honest assessment. I dont give a fuck if you dont like it.
well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man-gif-the-dude-lebowski.gif

elidib

Vyemm Raider
So, I'm thinking that they like this meth guy for the murders, they take a run at him, and he goes all apeshit, causing the detectives to be sure they've got their man. he might even confess to it after the shootout like "yeah fuck you, I did it!"

I still like the church angle for the real killer. Maybe even Eli Thompson?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So, I'm thinking that they like this meth guy for the murders, they take a run at him, and he goes all apeshit, causing the detectives to be sure they've got their man. he might even confess to it after the shootout like "yeah fuck you, I did it!"

This is a good theory, I think. The meth dude is definitely a red herring and probably going to be the arrest from 95. Eli being one of the main characters from Boardwalk Empire leads me to believe he'll have a somewhat important role in the show.

Fedor

<Banned>
This is a good theory, I think. The meth dude is definitely a red herring and probably going to be the arrest from 95.Eli being one of the main characters from Boardwalk Empire leads me to believe he'll have a somewhat important role in the show.
Remus is credited for two more episodes.

Remus_infobox.jpg

NApDSqo.jpg

ay4ywUL.jpg

Byr

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

the focus on the governor in everything has him as my lead suspect

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
I am entitled to an opinion, i gave an honest assessment. I dont give a fuck if you dont like it.
Easy champ, just giving you my opinion on your perpetual confusion.

On topic: I like elidib's theory as far as the meth guy being the obvious red herring (and I am hoping they throw yet another curveball in there since they know that we know, etc) but I am not sure about the church angle for the real killer. I think that is another red herring and that we haven't actually seen the "real" church yet that the girl had recently been involved in...but I may be totally off on that. I like the governor angle a lot though, I could see that.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
they are tossing out fakes, everyone thought the retard was gonna be something this week. turned out to be a dead end. lawnmower man, fake sideburns preacher and gasmask underwear jason are likely to be as well. they have not provided enough evidence yet for anything to be conclusive. im waiting for the reuinion between rust and harrelson to happen, things will click after that.

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
What's up with this two week break ? I am having twitches already waiting on the next eps

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I'm going with "it's a cult" therefore more than one killer. But the latest victim was someone taking it too far by making it public when all of the other murders were covered up.

Also, this show is awesome because Rust is awesome. He could carry multiple seasons of this show with ease. It's almost a letdown knowing that we're only going to get 8 episodes of him.

EDIT: Think of the poor bastard that has to follow Matt's performance next season. He gets an awesome character to play and knocks it out of the park.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Agree with everyone saying more needs to happen but i could never get tired of Rusts negative outlook on everything. Also harrelsons character is a real piece of shit, hopefully rust bangs his all the women in his life

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Recalcitrant_sl

shitlord
I'm going with "it's a cult" therefore more than one killer. But the latest victim was someone taking it too far by making it public when all of the other murders were covered up.
I'm not so sure they were trying to cover the previous girls up exactly, instead the cult was just lucky that the nature of the ritualistic sacrifices covered what happened. All the killings happened in response to big natural disasters like hurricanes/floods- and even the spiral tattoo/mark looks like a hurricane. With the King in Yellow/Cthulhu stuff I expect the cult is killing girls as a type of offering to the power behind the storm in order to get it to stop (or maybe the other way around, they want the storms to grow/expand/destroy). The girl who was "covered up" from episode 3 just happened to end up washing away in the storm so the police/coroner initially thought it was natural.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm not so sure they were trying to cover the previous girls up exactly, instead the cult was just lucky that the nature of the ritualistic sacrifices covered what happened. All the killings happened in response to big natural disasters like hurricanes/floods- and even the spiral tattoo/mark looks like a hurricane. With the King in Yellow/Cthulhu stuff I expect the cult is killing girls as a type of offering to the power behind the storm in order to get it to stop (or maybe the other way around, they want the storms to grow/expand/destroy). The girl who was "covered up" from episode 3 just happened to end up washing away in the storm so the police/coroner initially thought it was natural.
thats a pretty good theory, but was there a big storm there in 2012? no katrina killing?

Dudebro_sl

shitlord

Also, this show is awesome because Rust is awesome. He could carry multiple seasons of this show with ease. It's almost a letdown knowing that we're only going to get 8 episodes of him.

EDIT: Think of the poor bastard that has to follow Matt's performance next season. He gets an awesome character to play and knocks it out of the park.
Matt's performance is the best thing on the show. It's hard to believe this dude wasted so many years of his career doing chick flick trash.

• 1Solidarity

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
When "current day" Rust first hit the screen I thought I was watching Christian Bale. I always knew McConaughey was capable of more than his normal roles mostly because I always really enjoyed A Time to Kill and thought he was pretty decent in that. This performance iswellbeyond anything I thought he had in him though.

• 1Like

Musab

Molten Core Raider
I agree, Matt is knocking this shit out of the park. Guy is a really good actor.
Why does Woody always look like he's dipping...