True Detective

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Rust and Marty's dialogue at the tent church was spot on.
The dialogue was good, but the scene was confusing to me. I thought it was some kind of weird flashback or something, because they are standing there talking like they can't hear the crowd and the crowd can't hear them, but then they go and talk to the preacher as if it was all happening in real time. It was an odd scene.

Caal

Lord Nagafen Raider
The dialogue was good, but the scene was confusing to me. I thought it was some kind of weird flashback or something, because they are standing there talking like they can't hear the crowd and the crowd can't hear them, but then they go and talk to the preacher as if it was all happening in real time. It was an odd scene.
I'm pretty sure the interview with Harrelson prior to that Church scene was him talking about how they tracked down the church group.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
in the order of stuff actually happening this show is pretty damned slow. i dont care about this domestic shit between Mc, Harrelson and the bitches. that being said there was some good drama when they were actually investigating. red herring dude in the gas mask and tighty whiteys looks ridiculous. i wish i could enjoy those monologues as much as you guys, when i hear Rust run down the people doing that silly praying at the church tent i hear some snarky director splooging his political views, its really hard to imagine a detective even a "cop on the edge" like Rust saying that when they are supposed to be working a case. just doesnt feel real to me and when it doesnt feel real it takes me out of the show and i start looking at the running time. heres' to hoping this show picks up next week.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm pretty sure the interview with Harrelson prior to that Church scene was him talking about how they tracked down the church group.
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that their long, out loud discussion about the merits of religion isn't really an appropriate thing to do while you're standing in a church congregation. If you are standing right in the crowd while talking about how fat and stupid everyone is they're not going to just keep going on with the sermon. They are going to be staring at you and/or punching you in the face.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, but what I'm saying is that their long, out loud discussion about the merits of religion isn't really an appropriate thing to do while you're standing in a church congregation. If you are standing right in the crowd while talking about how fat and stupid everyone is they're not going to just keep going on with the sermon. They are going to be staring at you and/or punching you in the face.
Yeah, I actually thought they were speaking a bit too "loud" in that scene as well, but it's a minor nitpick I guess.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
On the surface, it makes me think maybe McConaughey is the killer
<snip>

This suspicion was broached by the younger of the two cops questioning Rust towards the end if Ep.1 but it was headed off by Brother Mouzone. When they briefly started talking about the recent murder at Lake Charles and the similarities with the '95 case, he pointed out that Rust had dropped out 8 years after leaving the force only to show back up in 2010. That's a pretty clear indication that there's more to these interviews that just breaking down the '95 investigation.

Not to mention that they're there to question people about the victim. Boldly stating that you think their most deeply held beliefs are just a self-delusional fairy tale isn't a very good ice breaker.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I can forgive that scene. It all could be forgiven if they were just whispering in that part. And I hate trying to listen to whispered dialogue.

littles

Lord Nagafen Raider
I agree, its supposed to be a memory and you could say they were just remembering what was whispered when relaying it back to the two detectives. This show is outstanding, probably the most interesting thing on tv since breaking bad is done.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
isnt the new victim the chick that harrelson's wife set him up with? i thought that explains why the cops want to interview him.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh, thought when they showed Rust dancing with that chick then they show the picture of the victim right after i thought those were supposed to be the same person.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I see Astro is prepping for Game of Thrones commentary...

Love this show. I thought the commentary at the religious gathering was fine. They were saying it just loud enough to hear each other over the crowd and the speaker, but the crowd and the speaker were silenced so we could hear what they were saying.

The only disconcerting thing to me is how the interviewers let both cops go on big monologues about shit. It just seems weird to not interject something at all, but I guess that is all about letting them hang themselves if they think one of them is guilty or even just to let something accidentally slip that they didn't think was important.

• 1Like

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
The only disconcerting thing to me is how the interviewers let both cops go on big monologues about shit. It just seems weird to not interject something at all, but I guess that is all about letting them hang themselves if they think one of them is guilty or even just to let something accidentally slip that they didn't think was important.
That's actually kinda smart, if you ask me. Just get people talking and you never know what they'll tell you.

• 1Solidarity

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Fuuuuck this show is so good. Everything is cranked up to like 11, the acting, cinematography, writing, even the pacing is perfect. I am glad it got picked up for Season 2, but at this point I don't want any new detectives in a new location. I want everything we have now for like 2 more seasons, so good.

Astro, please stop watching this show while you surf the internet. If Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets you confused, this show is going to be like an SAT test for you unless you actually pay attention to it.

• 1Like

Elissidel_sl

shitlord
Its a bit hard to buy woody as a late 30's ladies man.
He appears to be in a small hick town, so I assume options are limited and the ladies don't have much to choose from...so he kinda wins by default. Also, all we have seen so far is one chic who use to bang him, she probably has daddy issues, he is not exactly being built up to be a ladies man.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Normally it wouldn't be a compliment to say that an hour long show feels much longer. But somehow it's true. Shits fascinating.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fuuuuck this show is so good. Everything is cranked up to like 11, the acting, cinematography, writing, even the pacing is perfect. I am glad it got picked up for Season 2, but at this point I don't want any new detectives in a new location. I want everything we have now for like 2 more seasons, so good.

Astro, please stop watching this show while you surf the internet. If Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. gets you confused, this show is going to be like an SAT test for you unless you actually pay attention to it.
I am entitled to an opinion, i gave an honest assessment. I dont give a fuck if you dont like it.