True Detective

Barab

Silver Knight of the Realm
I like how Mcadams sex life is the main focus out of everything happened on the show.

How the hell is Farrells character not getting in trouble, I know cops get away with shit but his character is wasted all the time, and fucking people up left and right.
I got this feeling the police head knows he is working for V.V. so he gets away with the cray cray.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Maybe he doesn't spend all his days beating the shit out of people, getting high, and downing a bottle of scotch with a few bumps with a gangster. Maybe this was just a really good day.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
The story was "the most corrupt city in the country".

Of course they are all in on it. Its not about the cops and city officials being in on it, its them all vs outside law enforcement.

What we are going to see is a battle between

1) Gung Ho Highway cop
2) Crazy Sheriff Lady
3) Corrupt Colin Ferrell trying trying to hinder the investigation from the inside.

They went a long way to establish Venci or whatever as a hell hole underworld city. Now They stopped a story but with the Murder of the city manager they are going to be trying to keep a lid on it while the outsiders investigating it start to see whats going on. Which is why in the previews they are so intent on telling Velcro Man to be all over the investigation and they are trying to own the missing person connection for the murder, to keep outsiders from the sheriff from being involved.

Thats my take.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The episode is a lot better after knowing the characters/names. First viewing was distracting hearing Vaughn talking about Velcoro and others.

Reminds me of the GoT pilot where they introduced so many characters and all my friends couldnt keep up and remember who was what

The story was "the most corrupt city in the country".

Of course they are all in on it. Its not about the cops and city officials being in on it, its them all vs outside law enforcement.

What we are going to see is a battle between

1) Gung Ho Highway cop
2) Crazy Sheriff Lady
3) Corrupt Colin Ferrell trying trying to hinder the investigation from the inside.

Thats my take.
How corrupt is Ferrell, I get the feeling its a good time for this

Homsar

From the previews I thought Ferrell was going to be chaotic good but thats definitely not the case. I mentioned before the season started I was hoping that the show finally bring big shootouts like L.A. confidential which looks like there is a good chance with all the corruption.

I kept thinking they would have a big shootout in season 1 and they had one-shot in the ghetto but I would have preferred taking multiple shots where the punches didnt look awful a long with tons of other mistakes

Give me a shootout with Klitch and Ferrell like this

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I thought they were heavily hinting that the dead guy was Casper. His absence is a constant touchstone, as are the scenes of the dead guy being moved.

Homsar

It is Casper, why else would they send Farrell?

Vaughn is linked to Casper and he dissapears. After Casper disappears and the news comes out of corruption in the paper Vaughn sends Farrell to beat the shit out of the informant/reporter and take any information possible. Farrell is also put on the case from his department which is corrupted and that why he ends up out of town at the end of the episode

Homsar

The way the episode plays out is confusing the first time. First time watching I didnt notice Vaughn saying Send Valenco(Colin Farrell) he wont go overboard. I didnt know that was Farrells name or had a clue Farrell was working with him until the end.

Side note - people are already thinking way to much into this shit and thinking there is some supernatural stuff wtf. Its just detective storie with an eerie vibe

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Have we already discussed how unlikely it is to stop a story from being run in the papers by sending a dirty cop to kick the shit out of the reporter and steal his laptop when the first article of the series has already been published and surely the reporter isn't writing it as he goes nor only keeps copies on his laptop. My guess is your average viewer doesn't give a shit though, and/or thinks professional reporters operate like they did in high school writing shit at 2am the night before a deadline?

Giant bird head, obvious Carcosa involvement!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i do expect some easter eggs from last season, but dont get excited that the stories are linked. there are easter eggs in walking dead from breaking bad and the shows never linked. so please dont try to read too much into some shit even though i know some will anyway.

Homsar

Have we already discussed how unlikely it is to stop a story from being run in the papers by sending a dirty cop to kick the shit out of the reporter and steal his laptop when the first article of the series has already been published and surely the reporter isn't writing it as he goes nor only keeps copies on his laptop. My guess is your average viewer doesn't give a shit though, and/or thinks professional reporters operate like they did in high school writing shit at 2am the night before a deadline?
I took it was an informant, did you see the housing? They mentioned handle the reporter but the neighborhood was ridiculous

Also paint breakdown on the episode. I know the grammar issues but thats how the episode went for me

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Do we seriously need breakdowns yet? This episode couldn't be more basic.

Standard cop stuff, standard whodunit, the characters are a little broken so it just went into their background a little.

Homsar

People are going full retard and stretching already. but the way the episode was paced is confusing at points, did you already know all the names and characters Vaughn was throwing out?