True Detective

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
His bartender from the past and assistant are both gingers, or is the bartender his assistant? Would be funny if she got the test and somehow Velcro was the father

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I kind of think Vince Vaughn is Velcoro's kids Dad. Not like 100% believe, but AstroChuk believe. Maybe he set up Velcoro when he was good to murder that guy for him and then by having the dead body he had leverage to have his own personal cop on pay. Then ginger-kid was just a byproduct.
vaughn has no kids and i think he really wants one. if ginger kid was his he sure as fuck wouldnt let somebody like velcoro have access to him. he keeps asking about velcoro's wife and kid as a reminder to velcoro about how he owes semyen for finding that rapist for him. if i were to theorize, i might say semyen arranged for velcoro's wife to be raped so he could have a corrupt detective on his payroll by doing him a big favor.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
That opener with Vaughn sucked. I don't even blame Vaughn. He's doing fine. This show just still has a lot of "slow for the sake of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". w/e

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
It is the same complaint people are having about Hannibal right now. They are both trying to be introspective and artsy for the sake of it with no real substance.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Hannibal sure is trying to kill my interest in the show this season.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
You ever bully or hurt anybody again, I'll come back and butt fuck your father with your mom's headless corpse on this god damn lawn. Twelve years old my ass. Fuck you.

(just watching the first episode now)

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
I agree. The split timeline in season 1 made for more interesting story telling. I thought they were doing it again in the first episode this season, when he was with the lawyer, but it doesn't seem so. Just a couple flashbacks so far.
Yeah, totally. What this show needs is more flashbacks, because split timelines is what makes for an interesting story!

Just for argument sake, is it possible that season 1 just had better production, more passion, more pre-time, more engaged actors, etc, etc, etc, and that's what made season 1 more interesting? Is it remotely possible that if season one had been flat, and boring, and with no chemistry and seemed rushed, that we'd now be talking shit about how flashbacks and split timelines are shitty and should be avoided.

A product is good because the tools are employed well, not because the tools are tools. It's like crediting a wrench when your mechanics fixes your car.

For fuck sake go back to just vaguely saying the thread sucks, because actually trying to have a coherent thought isn't suiting you.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Popsicle, are you a hired gun from Showtime or something?

I can't believe someone could actually hate this season as much as you are pretending to so quickly.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, totally. What this show needs is more flashbacks, because split timelines is what makes for an interesting story!

Just for argument sake, is it possible that season 1 just had better production, more passion, more pre-time, more engaged actors, etc, etc, etc, and that's what made season 1 more interesting? Is it remotely possible that if season one had been flat, and boring, and with no chemistry and seemed rushed, that we'd now be talking shit about how flashbacks and split timelines are shitty and should be avoided.

A product is good because the tools are employed well, not because the tools are tools. It's like crediting a wrench when your mechanics fixes your car.

For fuck sake go back to just vaguely saying the thread sucks, because actually trying to have a coherent thought isn't suiting you.
Hah. You mad as hell. We can't all be genius tv critics like yourself.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande

I can't believe someone could actually hate this season as much as you are pretending to so quickly.
I don't hate the season. I've said time and again it's decent and still better than most of what's on tv. And I'm hoping/expecting it to either get much better, or much worse, which is always an interesting journey to take with a show.

What from my last post made you think I hated the show? I loved season 1, and think it was great. I like season 2, and think it's average. Is that hard to understand?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

yeah, i like to fling the doodoo and the poopoo as much as the next guy, but outside of some of the weird dialogue and the shotgun bs, there simply isnt anything bad enough to get upset over.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
Popsicle is like the smartest dumb guy in the room and doesn't know it. Your critiques come across as a sincere attempt to critically evaluate the shows merits, but gets lost in moronic metaphors and ignorant assumptions.

Get fucked.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Popsicle is like the smartest dumb guy in the room and doesn't know it. Your critiques come across as a sincere attempt to critically evaluate the shows merits, but gets lost in moronic metaphors and ignorant assumptions.

Get fucked.
You think I'm smart? YOU THINK I'M SMART! =D

Oh, and to be clear, my attempts to critically evaluate the show aren't at all sincere. The moronic metaphors and ignorant assumptions are where my sincerity lies.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider

Bingo. Nic Pizzolatto took his time when he wrote the first season of True Detective. Something that brilliant must have taken a long time to write, with plenty of edits and rewrites along the way. Then it's a huge success and HBO throws a shit load of money at him and tell them they need another season, but instead of being able to take his time and do it right, they give him a few months to complete it so they can start filming. Not really his fault, but proof that you should never rush genius. Took Michelangelo 4 years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Probably wouldn't have been the same had the church given him just a weekend.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bingo. Nic Pizzolatto took his time when he wrote the first season of True Detective. Something that brilliant must have taken a long time to write, with plenty of edits and rewrites along the way. Then it's a huge success and HBO throws a shit load of money at him and tell them they need another season, but instead of being able to take his time and do it right, they give him a few months to complete it so they can start filming. Not really his fault, but proof that you should never rush genius. Took Michelangelo 4 years to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel. Probably wouldn't have been the same had the church given him just a weekend.
Unbelievable that these kind of comments are being made 2 episodes in.

Because everyone was applauding the first season and giving it awards and critical acclaim 2 episodes in.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Because everyone was applauding the first season and giving it awards and critical acclaim 2 episodes in.
Umm, yes, actually? I'm sorry you were late to the party. Are you one of those people who 'reserves judgement' until something is far enough in and the bandwagon has spoken before you make a judgement whether you like it, or that it's good?

Consider this: There were people saying True Detective was going to be awesome and good before it even aired! Yeah, the trailers and previews and people were saying it looked like it was going to be great.

Consider this: Plenty of people had some pretty strong doubts and concerns from the Season 2 trailers.... and still after 2 episodes.

Look through the start of this thread, people are pretty universally praising Season 1. The 'discussion' was of course the completely ridiculous speculative guesses on who the killer is also started almost immediately, but hey, that's better than people all butt hurt trying to defend the dialog, flat acting or implausible plot points. The difference being Season 1 didn't have much to talk about regarding it's quality, while season 2 has had all sorts of hurt feelings by people who feel they're getting run over by the bandwagon they thought they were a part of.