True Detective

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
For you sentimental folks on Friday.

rrr_img_60159.jpg

Fucking awesome.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This was a young kid, right? At 7 I certainly didn't have the presence of mind to judge how tall anyone is. I thought my stepdad was huge, dude is like 5'4". If the person chasing her was stooped it would have been even more hard to judge. I'm sure professionals are trained how to deal with kids and others who may have issues accurately judging height, but I really don't think it is a factor here. Besides to point out that we are dealing with multiple people, there is no one perpetrator. At least that seems to be a prevailing opinion, one that I subscribe to.

Fedor

<Banned>
Obama's Weekend in Sunnylands, With Lots of TV

Obama_sl said:
The leader of the free world is looking forward to binge-watching DVDs of his latest favorite television show: HBO's edgy new "True Detective" series starring Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.

Mr. Obama made a point of approaching HBO's chief executive, Richard Plepler, at the state dinner for France on Tuesday night.

"Where is my True Detective and Game of Thrones?" Mr. Obama asked Mr. Plepler as he told him that the coming weekend would be a good time to have the DVDs.

velk

Trakanon Raider
Well Rust did say "How could he have done this today if we caught him in 1995"...so it implies SOMEONE goes to jail in 1995.
The guy he is bringing in isn't a suspect, he's the head of a biker gang, he just wants to beat the suspect's location out of him.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
I understand that. You must not have been reading the thread.

I'm saying they beat ginger to get ledoux. Someone said maybe they just kill ledeoux and don't arrest him. I said what you quoted. They definitely arrest someone incorrectly or so they are making you think.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Or the simple answer to the question is that even if they caught Ledoux and he did kill Lange, anyone from the Carcosa cult could be responsible for the 2012 murder.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Height matters ?

ay4ywUL.jpg

sZypHvB.png
Am I missing something? The weird treant with green ears was (supposedly) the dude on the lawnmower, not Ledoux. Two different people, two different heights.

Unless you're trying to tell me the dude on the lawnmower was Ledoux?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
We don't "know" who the spaghetti man is, people are suggesting it could be the lawnmower man or Ledoux, not that the lawnmower man is Ledoux. He's pointing out that if the spaghetti man was Ledoux, the heights are significantly different.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
This show is shaping up to be better than The Wire.

Yeah... I said it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
This show is shaping up to be better than The Wire.

Yeah... I said it.
Whoa there. The shows are too different for that kind of talk. The Wire was half documentary half entertainment. With occasional dips into the absurd, like Omar accidentally robbing a stash house while unarmed and wearing a pink bathrobe.

Hart and McNulty would be great partners though. Covering with each others wives and getting absurdly drunk every night. Hart has shown an insubordinate streak, and McNulty would be comfortable knowing that he's the smartest guy in the room.

Bunk? No fucking way. Hart wouldn't be able to tolerate all of the homoerotic jokes. ("Look at that walk. I gave him that walk!")

Rust and Lester would work. They'd respect each others intelligence. McNulty would be miserable because Rust is smarter than he is. Plus he wouldn't drink with him and he'd be lousy at lying to his wife. Bunk would be terrified.