True Detective

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
giphy-facebook_s.jpg
Exactly.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
A lot ofnegative opinionsare about how s2 is bad compared to s1. S2 didn't have Fukunaga working hard with Pizzolatto, and both Harrelson & McConaughey being executive producers.

S2 is Pizzolatto doing his stuff alone, asking Justin Lin (Fast and Furious director) and some other yesman directors to film his shit with as we've seen no actual rewriting (some dialogues really feel like written during some writing intern poop pause).

It's obvious writing /script didn't really go through a lot of people this time. Let's just hope for s3 they hire a competent showrunner to check Pizzolatto stuff in line and creative directors who don't stick to 101 US cop show book.

Szlia

Harrelson and McConaughey were still executive producers for season 2 and so was Fukunaga. On top of that, the absolutely competent Justin Lin (who wrote and directed a couple well rated indies before being asked to helm the surprisingly decent Tokyo Drift - and who would blame him to have stayed for the over the top blockbuster sequels?) directed just two episodes of the season (the first two, so you could say he set the tone, but still...).

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Frank's mouth killed him, the mexicans were ready to drive away and as they were getting into their car Frank said "my million, it doesn't even buy me a ride?" and then the dude decided he wanted his suit.
What is it you guys don't understand about the fact that he was in the middle of nowhere and could have likely died without a car ride out.

TomServo

<Bronze Donator>
A lot ofnegative opinionsare about how s2 is bad compared to s1. S2 didn't have Fukunaga working hard with Pizzolatto, and both Harrelson & McConaughey being executive producers.

S2 is Pizzolatto doing his stuff alone, asking Justin Lin (Fast and Furious director) and some other yesman directors to film his shit with as we've seen no actual rewriting (some dialogues really feel like written during some writing intern poop pause).

It's obvious writing /script didn't really go through a lot of people this time. Let's just hope for s3 they hire a competent showrunner to check Pizzolatto stuff in line and creative directors who don't stick to 101 US cop show book.
should of run your post past a team of competent posters

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Finally got around to watching the finale. Holy fuck ball this season was awful.

You can try to rationalize the plot all you want, but the dialogue was just terrible. Pizza obviously saw that everyone loved Rust's dialogue in season 1, but he went full blown retard with trying to make witty dialogue. That alone ruined the season. But then you throw on an incredibly convoluted plot and it's painful. The character development was slow and unnecessary.

Really, it's incredibly obvious that he wrote it quickly. He may be a good writer, but not on a timeline.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Finally saw the finale. The season as a whole was average. Not horrible but not great. I fully expected all 3 to die so I was slightly surprised McAdams lived (wife thought the girl with the slashed face was going to ambush her on the boat). When the credits finally rolled, it was more of a 'meh' feeling than anything else. Most memorable line of the whole show was 'you can't act for shit', which is saying something about the show as a whole.

Harkon

Vyemm Raider
Finally got around to watching the finale. Holy fuck ball this season was awful.

You can try to rationalize the plot all you want, but the dialogue was just terrible. Pizza obviously saw that everyone loved Rust's dialogue in season 1, but he went full blown retard with trying to make witty dialogue. That alone ruined the season. But then you throw on an incredibly convoluted plot and it's painful. The character development was slow and unnecessary.

Really, it's incredibly obvious that he wrote it quickly. He may be a good writer, but not on a timeline.
Yea it feels like he would be better writing and refining amazing scripts for a one off mini-series every few years rather then trying to pump out a yearly series show with a tight timetable.

Like if they had waited even an extra year, refined the script, and released it as another one off mini series that True Detective seemed to be originally, this should could have been fantastic instead of average.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
The only thing I don't get about this season was how a bar in California that allowed smoking didn't have more business.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Yea it feels like he would be better writing and refining amazing scripts for a one off mini-series every few years rather then trying to pump out a yearly series show with a tight timetable.

Like if they had waited even an extra year, refined the script, and released it as another one off mini series that True Detective seemed to be originally, this should could have been fantastic instead of average.
Disagree completely. Even with refinement on the dialogue, this season would have been terrible. The plot itself was completely disjointed and uninteresting. Gang bangers, mafia, and corrupt politicians/businessmen is old hat. The first season was something different: an intriguing story about the bayou, a strange religion, and a serial killer unraveling over a 17 year period. This season felt more like watching a mediocre episode of Law and Order.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oatlord_sl

shitlord
So when does popsicle publish his memoirs about season 2? "My life and times watching Season 2 and all the words I used to express my thoughts on it."

You think his editor would be like, "too many fucking words, man, cut that book in half."