True Detective

spronk

FPS noob
this is fukunaga's next project by the way, he was the director of all the season 1 episodes. looks insane

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm betting for a Season 3 they go back to using some locale where they can bring back the mystical/supernatural overtones.

taebin

Same trailer, different park
That whole Caspere fucking his own daughter thing was a bit silly. Like they felt they needed an homage to Oedipus but with a father and daughter instead of mother and son. I liked a lot of the season but also didn't like a lot of it as well. The scene with Frank and red where he was trying to get her to leave was a shining example of what I didn't like. It was just terribly written and poorly acted and I wanted to fast forward through the whole thing, but then there was the shootout at the cabin which I thought was great and VV did a good job with.
Wat?

I don't think this is accurate at all. She was the daughter of the jewelry store owners who got robbed and executed by Caspere and crew back in '92. She went from orphanage to working streets to getting involved in Caspere sex parties to changing her name and becoming his assistant in order to blackmail him (probably at behest of her crazy brother). Did I miss some new revelation in the finale?

FromSlatearticle:

What does it mean that he was looking for them before they had known they were missing?

It means members of the Vinci police force knew Caspere had the diamonds all along.

How would they know that?

Because they were the ones that stole them, back in 1992. Woodrugh talked to the cop who had worked the initial blue diamond case and he explained that $2.5 million in blue diamonds were stolen by two masked men from a jewelry store in Hollywood in ?92, which coincided with the LA Riots. In Sunday night?s episode, Woodrugh confirmed, first by research and then by getting murdered, that the thieves were then LAPD officers Dixon and Kevin Burris (James Frain), who committed the crime with the knowledge of their then Chief, Chief Holloway, and their then precinct accountant Ben Caspere. After the robbery and the riots, all four men migrated from the LAPD to the Vinci PD, where they could continue to be corrupt, with much greater ease.

There were kids involved with this crime too, right?

One gruesome detail from the robbery is that the thieves executed the owners of the store, and so their two very young children, Laura and Leonard Osterman, had to hide near their parents? lifeless bodies for hours, until the police arrived.

Are those kids important?

Yes. It seems, at this point, like they are the people who revenge-killed Caspere. A woman who worked the sex parties and goes by the name of Laura appears in the photograph of Caspere and Vera and Tasha and the diamonds. Velcoro recognized her as Caspere?s assistant Erica, whom we met fleetingly, way back in episode three, on the movie set. Since then Erica/Laura has quit her job and left her apartment. We don?t know who Leonard is yet.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Wat?

I don't think this is accurate at all. She was the daughter of the jewelry store owners who got robbed and executed by Caspere and crew back in '92. She went from orphanage to working streets to getting involved in Caspere sex parties to changing her name and becoming his assistant in order to blackmail him (probably at behest of her crazy brother). Did I miss some new revelation in the finale?

FromSlatearticle:

What does it mean that he was looking for them before they had known they were missing?

It means members of the Vinci police force knew Caspere had the diamonds all along.

How would they know that?

Because they were the ones that stole them, back in 1992. Woodrugh talked to the cop who had worked the initial blue diamond case and he explained that $2.5 million in blue diamonds were stolen by two masked men from a jewelry store in Hollywood in '92, which coincided with the LA Riots. In Sunday night's episode, Woodrugh confirmed, first by research and then by getting murdered, that the thieves were then LAPD officers Dixon and Kevin Burris (James Frain), who committed the crime with the knowledge of their then Chief, Chief Holloway, and their then precinct accountant Ben Caspere. After the robbery and the riots, all four men migrated from the LAPD to the Vinci PD, where they could continue to be corrupt, with much greater ease.

There were kids involved with this crime too, right?

One gruesome detail from the robbery is that the thieves executed the owners of the store, and so their two very young children, Laura and Leonard Osterman, had to hide near their parents' lifeless bodies for hours, until the police arrived.

Are those kids important?

Yes. It seems, at this point, like they are the people who revenge-killed Caspere. A woman who worked the sex parties and goes by the name of Laura appears in the photograph of Caspere and Vera and Tasha and the diamonds. Velcoro recognized her as Caspere's assistant Erica, whom we met fleetingly, way back in episode three, on the movie set. Since then Erica/Laura has quit her job and left her apartment. We don't know who Leonard is yet.
Yes, you missed something in the finale. Caspere knew the couple who owned the jewelry store. Ostensibly he executed them because he didn't want the mother jewelry store owner to have another child of his, the first illegitimate child was her daughter. This information is what sent the son into a rage and fucked Velcoro's plan up at the train station.

It's stupid to make a comparison to Oedipus though
1) Because Caspere's daughter had no idea she was his daughter.

2) Daughter wanting the dad is Electra complex not Oedipus.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Police Capt told Valero that Caspere was her real dad. He was fucking the jewelry store owner, that's where he got the idea to rob the place.

That's why the son loses it and gets all stabby.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
25479003.jpg

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Finished.

I like slow, but JFC. This was like runing a marathon. 6/10 ... great acting, shit acting, and convoluted story.

spronk

FPS noob
i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen SJW outrage from the fact that all the chicks on the show basically only live to fuck, that the only black dude on the show ends up being a bad guy, maybe fucks his own daughter, cheats on a married woman (and kills her), and gets shot to death by a bunch of white cops while a white guy in a hoodie is stabbing him. also the only mexicans on the show are either drug cartel guys or get fucked over by drug cartel guys or are friend-zoned cops

i guess i forgot the new mayor Jr he is the one success story. although the paternity issues in this show are weird, maybe no one in my family has weird mutant DNA but two brunettes make a redhead, a white lady and a black guy make the palest freckled white chick imaginable, and a barely mexican guy and a white chick (? not sure who mayors first wife was ?) makes two kids who look like they are guatamalan farmers

everything is fucking, indeed

Izo

Tranny Chaser
i'm kinda surprised we haven't seen SJW outrage from the fact that all the chicks on the show basically only live to fuck, that the only black dude on the show ends up being a bad guy, maybe fucks his own daughter, cheats on a married woman (and kills her), and gets shot to death by a bunch of white cops while a white guy in a hoodie is stabbing him. also the only mexicans on the show are either drug cartel guys or get fucked over by drug cartel guys or are friend-zoned cops

i guess i forgot the new mayor Jr he is the one success story. although the paternity issues in this show are weird, maybe no one in my family has weird mutant DNA but two brunettes make a redhead, a white lady and a black guy make the palest freckled white chick imaginable, and a barely mexican guy and a white chick (? not sure who mayors wife was ?) makes two kids who look like they are guatamalan farmers
Just like real life.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

i guess i forgot the new mayor Jr he is the one success story. although the paternity issues in this show are weird, maybe no one in my family has weird mutant DNA but two brunettes make a redhead, a white lady and a black guy make the palest freckled white chick imaginable, and a barely mexican guy and a white chick (? not sure who mayors first wife was ?) makes two kids who look like they are guatamalan farmers

Casper was white.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Caspere wasn't black, what the fuck?

Xevy

Log Wizard
Casper dead white guy with no eyes/dick. Holloway is black cop shot to death during stabby stabby.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea...lol this show is already confusing enough, no need to mix up Holloway and Caspere.

Nails has to be one of the best random TV show characters of all time.