True Detective

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
DaddyIssues McHotass lived, so the ending wasn't full dark on dark. VV being a dumbass and getting himself shanked needlessly irritated me, otherwise all good. Not the best season, but not utter garbage.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Shanked needlessly? He had the diamonds in his suit and he knew he wasn't walking out of the desert naked. His only hope was getting that ride and when that failed he was basically fucked.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Shanked needlessly? He had the diamonds in his suit and he knew he wasn't walking out of the desert naked. His only hope was getting that ride and when that failed he was basically fucked.
wasnt it because they already had the pit dug and they wanted to let him be buried with no clothes on so his body could never be identified? i mean if they suspected he had 2.5 million in diamonds on him do you think they wouldnt strip him? they were either trying to get him to prep himself for burial or they wanted to humiliate him before killing him.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
wasnt it because they already had the pit dug and they wanted to let him be buried with no clothes on so his body could never be identified? i mean if they suspected he had 2.5 million in diamonds on him do you think they wouldnt strip him? they were either trying to get him to prep himself for burial or they wanted to humiliate him before killing him.
I could see them wanting to humiliate him a little before they were going to kill him (if that was what was going to happen, they did get $1 million out of him), but either way Frank wasn't going to give up the suit with the diamonds in it willingly.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Do people not pay attention? The million bought him time his mouthing off got him stabbed

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
People understood the Mexicans reasoning, jsut thought it was out of nowhere. And people wondered how they could find him when Russian Big Boss couldnt.

Was sloppy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

People understood the Mexicans reasoning, jsut thought it was out of nowhere. And people wondered how they could find him when Russian Big Boss couldnt.

Was sloppy.
I feel like it would be tougher to find someone who burns clubs downs when no one else is there and retreats to a secret room no one knows about rather than right after you've come out of hiding to murder the Russian big boss at an exchange meeting that other people might have had an interest in as well.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
fuck dude, you're astro and all, but how are you this dumb?

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
What are you talking about? Frank had his reasons for not giving up the suit, the Mexicans wanted to humiliate him by taking it. The point is he didn't get shanked needlessly, he wasn't gonna just hand over the suit and be a-okay.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Haha, without his suit no one would EVER identify him bros.

The mil bought his life, his mouth cost him it.

Didn't even register the diamonds. I figured him keeping his suit was all about the "I crawled up from nothing" trope.

Merrith

I assume the syrians sold him out.
They never really did clarify this, although they left hints for the viewer to assume this. That said, obviously the Mexicans would be looking for Frank anyways, and if he wasn't going to just run, it's pretty easy to know who he would be after. Russian boss totally undermines his crew and takes even the clubs away from him, also in the same place as the guy who tried to give him the carrot of getting back into the land deal with the hard drive Caspere's murderer took. Giving their obvious connections, they (Mexicans) easily could have been keeping an eye out and knew about Frank and Velcoro hitting the meeting. Kind of kills two birds for them too, Frank shows himself and it clears more possible competition for them (Russians).

spronk

FPS noob
Frank's mouth killed him, the mexicans were ready to drive away and as they were getting into their car Frank said "my million, it doesn't even buy me a ride?" and then the dude decided he wanted his suit. Even then he coulda started taking off his suit and moved the diamonds into his underwear or something but he had to be a tough guy and died like the shitty gangster he always was.

don't fuck with russian, mexican, african or asian gangsters

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They should have had some new set of cops finding the diamonds on his body and then buying into the Vinci pyramid scheme with them.

Merrith

Even then he coulda started taking off his suit and moved the diamonds into his underwear or something
Can you imagine what Astro would be posting if they had Frank performing actual sleight of hand magic out of nowhere?

Izo

Tranny Chaser
They should have had some new set of cops finding the diamonds on his body and then buying into the Vinci pyramid scheme with them.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg