True Detective

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am sure all we have seen so far is Red Herrings.

Mahershala Ali is doing a great job so far. Dorf needs to step the fuck up if this season is going to go from good to great.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I am sure all we have seen so far is Red Herrings.

Mahershala Ali is doing a great job so far. Dorf needs to step the fuck up if this season is going to go from good to great.

That was always my concern that Dorf was going to be in way over his head next to Ali.

Brand

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, he's more of a side character than a partner like Woody was. I doubt he is going to be in the scenes that aren't set in 1980.
I think we already saw an aged Dorff in a preview...So, I expect him to get screentime in all 3 timelines.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The season is going down in flames, much like BFA with WoW.

The ratings drop is intense.

'True Detective' Drops to 1.4 Million Viewers With Season 3 Premiere

This season will be the biggest commercial failure out of all True Detective seasons. You simply cannot recover from 1.4m.

Season 1 was 2.3m and Season 2 was 3.2m.

You do NOT recover from those kind of drops. There is a plain lack of interest in this season. A few people talking it up on the forums aren't likely to reverse this trend.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_06

<Banned>
Season 2 still occurred before mass migration from cable and satellite and was a hype machine given how much people loved S1. This is from actually reading the article.

TheWrap said:
However, when counting time-shifted viewing, replays and streaming, the Mahershala Ali-led season’s debut episode has reached 2.3 million sets of eyeballs (with three playbacks) and the second has hit 1.6 million (counting two playbacks).

Keep in mind, Season 3 still premiered to respectable numbers, as linear viewing continues to decline every year. The show’s third season debut is ahead of both the openers of HBO’s Amy Adams-led limited series, “Sharp Objects,” (which scored 1.3 million last summer) and “Big Little Lies” (which brought in 1.1 million in February 2017).

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Sharp Objects and Big Little Lies had not even 1/10th of the promotional campaign-- especially Big Little Lies.

Nor the "True Detective" franchise branding behind them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
True Detective doesn't have franchise branding behind it anymore. It lost all of the good will it had garnered from the first season, in the second season. Most people probably didn't even know there was a third season coming. If the third season ends up being good everyone will be back on board by the finale and for the premier of the 4th season.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
True Detective doesn't have franchise branding behind it anymore. It lost all of the good will it had garnered from the first season, in the second season. Most people probably didn't even know there was a third season coming. If the third season ends up being good everyone will be back on board by the finale and for the premier of the 4th season.

How is a fall from 2.3m on total views on the 1st episode to 1.6m in the second episode signalling that this will end up being good?

700,000 people already chose not to follow up on the second episode of the premiere.

You guys are grasping at straws at this point in hopes that the show isn't already a failure.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I love it when message boards play the "Let's have an endless debate about a topic that none of us know anything about." game.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
So far so good.

Partner is the (sex)ring leader. At 21:35 of Ep2 there is a scene where the sunlight reflects off his belt buckle at a 90° angle. It's meant to symbolize the reflection of evil nature in mankind when dominated by the egoic mindstate of the racially divided world. Mind is also pronounced Mined, which is also the past tense of Mine as a singular noun. A mine is where they found the boy. 90° when divided by two (the number of children missing/murdered) is 45. 45 is the calibre bullet used in the gun aimed at the fox in Ep1. Fox kind of sounds like fucks, as in Dorff fucks little kids.

It's a little too obvious if you ask me.
There might be some good theory posts though since the dude has dementia and everyone is questioning his story.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The season is going down in flames, much like BFA with WoW.

The ratings drop is intense.

'True Detective' Drops to 1.4 Million Viewers With Season 3 Premiere

This season will be the biggest commercial failure out of all True Detective seasons. You simply cannot recover from 1.4m.

Season 1 was 2.3m and Season 2 was 3.2m.

You do NOT recover from those kind of drops. There is a plain lack of interest in this season. A few people talking it up on the forums aren't likely to reverse this trend.

So does that mean the show is shit? Nope of course not they just need to build interest again thanks to the shit show that was season 2. In this day and age of on demand box sets whenever you want, if this season carries on the way it started then they will have a very good TV show on their hands and people will watch it on demnad as word spreads and them total viewing figures will be healthy again.

Just look at the reaction the trailer got in this thread lots of jokes about how shit it was going to be, I was on the fence about it myself. 90% of people who saw S2 will feel the same I am not suprised at them viewing figures at all

Hosix

All labs matter!
So....I rewatched episode last 1&2. Maybe Dorff made it big after the original case? Maybe he turns into one of those talk show detectives cause of that 1980’s case.

I can see him be resistant to new information that could fuck up his $$$.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
1st two episodes were solid. At the end of ep2, is he staring at (what was) the house the kids lived in?

Everything links to the little girl I think. Still too early to form any conclusions though.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Sharp Objects and Big Little Lies had not even 1/10th of the promotional campaign-- especially Big Little Lies.

Nor the "True Detective" franchise branding behind them.

Source on this? Because Big Little Lies had Meryl Streep's first television appearance in forever. Big Little Lies also debuted with 1.13M viewers and ended up at 1.86M (2.79M with DVR)

Also, since when does HBO care about ratings? The Leftovers got a third season after a season where they got 0.7M viewers.

Hosix

All labs matter!
This series has earned skepticism from all of us. Season 1 was an amazing must watch show. Season 2 was a steaming pile of shit.

I don’t care about viewing numbers. I will give this a shot. If it sucks we can rip it apart and laugh.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How is a fall from 2.3m on total views on the 1st episode to 1.6m in the second episode signalling that this will end up being good?

700,000 people already chose not to follow up on the second episode of the premiere.

You guys are grasping at straws at this point in hopes that the show isn't already a failure.

I wonder what % of that 700k simply had no idea it was a back to back episode premiere. I'm sure we all laugh at that idea...but when you really think about it you realize there very well could be a % that is that dumb/didn't realize.

• 3Like