True Detective

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yea lol good point. So I guess they nailed it?
i'm guessing so, were the years stated?

old man ali is 70(subtitles said so) and middle aged ali is 44, so if we're going by the present is now, middleaged ali is in 1993ish

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
35 for Dorf (roughly) and Ali in 1980 seems entirely plausible.

At that point, Wayne had already served and had the reputation of being a bad ass tracker. So he probably was about 25 or 26 when he served at the height of Vietnam. Maybe joined earlier, but the timelines make general sense.

Fedor

<Banned>
so the reporter chick is talking about the FBI pedo signs b4 pizza gate comes up, hmmm

they're not related to pizzagate

FBI-pedophile-symbols-page1.jpg

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
the three timelines are: 1980, 1990, and 2015 (70 years old)

Yeah its like this:
  • 1980 - Murder of the boy and girl disappears. Initial investigation
  • 1990 - Evidence of the girl appears, wife writes book on the case, investigation is reopened to look for the girl
  • 2015 - Retrospective on the case, Wayne has memory problems... or something.
The present day bit is the most confusing to me only because it introduces the element of confusion to the whole narrative. Wayne has dementia or something at 70 years old. So what.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hosix

All labs matter!
So this episode was pretty good. Ending sets up next week nicely.

I noticed in the old guy Hays thing when he had the VC troops behind him? There was a white dude in a suit?

dizzie

Triggered Happy
Yeah there was a white guy in a suit that looked like he'd been shot in the heart. He also makes a point of touching him during the scene?

Good ending.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
I noticed the limp too this episode, there was a mention of him being shot yeah. I'd guess it's related to this incident that's unfolding.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Obviously setting up for the ending but I also thought this last episode kinda dragged a bit to do so. Hopefully will be worth it.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It was a definite setup episode. But yeah, it dragged a bit.

Anyone notice the one non-soldier dude in his hallucination? The white guy in a suit. Really stood out.

• 1Like

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
If it was, it wasn't Dorff doing the stand-in. He was of a different build. The suit looked like something you'd see on a low-end businessman or salesmen as well rather than what a cop would wear.

Del

Vyemm Raider
I assumed it was because he was talking about needing to find Roland as that shit was happening.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
dead white guy in suit, that hays touched on the heart best assumption is Roland. However old man Hays was talking to this (now we see) cop son about finding Roland and talking to him to get his mind straight, and cop son has no idea where (or if Roland is dead). That does seem to mean that dead white guy in suit isn't Roland, cuz cop son woulda been like "Dad, you don't remember? Uncle Roland was shot in the heart years ago!!!"

• 1Like