True Detective

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't think it's going to be one of those 'killer in plain sight' stories, it's just been done too much. Imo the killer(s) haven't even been shown yet and probably won't be until 7th or 8th episode. People figured out who the killer was in S1 when they first showed him in episode 3, I think Pizzolatto is aware of this and made it harder this time.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Agreed, Dorff's been good.

Starting to think the Native American might be the fall guy. I can see him going all Vietnam on the rednecks and getting killed in the process. Probably where Dorff get's shot.

Also, I like a theory I read on reddit that Ali went all Vietnam on the killer and that's why his son is being so protective in 2015 during the interviews. He told himself in episode 1 to use the handgun in the drawer if he had to.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I don't think it's going to be one of those 'killer in plain sight' stories, it's just been done too much. Imo the killer(s) haven't even been shown yet and probably won't be until 7th or 8th episode. People figured out who the killer was in S1 when they first showed him in episode 3, I think Pizzolatto is aware of this and made it harder this time.

Well, technically he was "the killer" but he was a pawn in a much larger and more sinister criminal enterprise.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
He told himself in episode 1 to use the handgun in the drawer if he had to.
i took that as, he knows hes losing himself to alzhiemers or whatever and if he listens to his recordings of the previous day and he knows he's slippin, to end it so he's not an invalid.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
i took that as, he knows hes losing himself to alzhiemers or whatever and if he listens to his recordings of the previous day and he knows he's slippin, to end it so he's not an invalid.

Yeah, I took it that way too initially. Him telling his son he would kill himself before going in a home supports that for sure. Just find something sketchy about the whole Alzheimer's angle. Like it's a plot device for a reason and it seems like a logical plot twist for him to be suppressing a bad memory as such. Hope it goes another way though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Alzheimers is never official until the autopsy is what that dialogue is about. You can guess it and be pretty much 99% there but you never know for sure until the autopsy.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Wow I never knew that. Interesting.

Whoever said Dorf sucked after ep 2...lol.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Alzheimers is never official until the autopsy is what that dialogue is about. You can guess it and be pretty much 99% there but you never know for sure until the autopsy.
is there a medical reason for this? or is it done so ppl don't shoot themselves silly b4 they aren't them anymore?

• 1Like

velk

Trakanon Raider
is there a medical reason for this? or is it done so ppl don't shoot themselves silly b4 they aren't them anymore?

It's physical brain degeneration that could be anywhere - you can't exactly start randomly cutting bits out to look for it.

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
It's physical brain degeneration that could be anywhere - you can't exactly start randomly cutting bits out to look for it.
jfc
dementia-brain-changes-thumb.png

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wow I never knew that. Interesting.

Whoever said Dorf sucked after ep 2...lol.

Dorff was supposed to be the lead role in Season 3.

Ali reversed the casting decision by talking to Nic about it in depth during off hours at nighttime. Nic was 100% set on Dorff being the lead and said he saw a white male protagonist as absolutely necessary for this season as he had already written the entire story out.

recap:

1) the story was written well before any casting for Season 3 was done.

2) Ali convinced Nic to reverse the lead, and rewrite his entire story. A major overhaul was done to make Ali the lead.

3) Ali intercepted the role before Dorff was even allowed to read for Nic as the lead (the lead was originally written for a white male).

Dorff sounds similar to Mark Hamill about it. He's not too salty and respects Ali's oscar-- but he sure would have liked to have been the lead that he was supposed to be. Or at least be allowed to read for the part before Ali interdicted.

I'd be annoyed if another actor was "persistent" about changing the creators story as it was written and it cost me a role too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Dorff was supposed to be the lead role in Season 3.

Ali reversed the casting decision by talking to Nic about it in depth during off hours at nighttime. Nic was 100% set on Dorff being the lead and said he saw a white male protagonist as absolutely necessary for this season as he had already written the entire story out.

recap:

1) the story was written well before any casting for Season 3 was done.

2) Ali convinced Nic to reverse the lead, and rewrite his entire story. A major overhaul was done to make Ali the lead.

3) Ali intercepted the role before Dorff was even allowed to read for Nic as the lead (the lead was originally written for a white male).

Dorff sounds similar to Mark Hamill about it. He's not too salty and respects Ali's oscar-- but he sure would have liked to have been the lead that he was supposed to be. Or at least be allowed to read for the part before Ali interdicted.

I'd be annoyed if another actor was "persistent" about changing the creators story as it was written and it cost me a role too.
well Ali got an oscar for a movie no one saw, it's still one more oscar than what Dorff has.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
For some reason Dorf looks more reasonable with less hair/older.

The younger, fully coiffed version looks like he could be on a hair club for men before and after, how ridiculous he looks.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
For some reason Dorf looks more reasonable with less hair/older.

The younger, fully coiffed version looks like he could be on a hair club for men before and after, how ridiculous he looks.
well him and the dad both look like shaggy hair fucks, then when they get middle aged they're all groomed n shit