True Detective

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm surprised no one has talked about the obvious deep red herring, and kind of jarring scene where Wayne takes a LONG look at Roland's picture with Arkansas Gov Bill Clinton.

The Clinton angle might seem almost TOO cliche, but they purposely made Wayne's character appear troubled by the picture.

I'm not sure of the exact purpose there, but my batshit side of my brain makes me think that maybe Lt. West is somehow complicit in this whole thing.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm enjoying the season so far? Not really sure, and it doesn't feel as though it's gotten out of first gear yet. Seems like it'll pick up next week though and I'm hoping it does. The writing is good though as is most of the acting. Dorff doing a lot better than I thought he'd do....

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I feel they messed up a bit with not giving some more screentime to the kids as I find it really hard to give much of a shit about their plight. So far the only person I care about is the dad. In S1, you had the scene where they found the kids in the meth dude's place to make you really fucking hate the people that were doing all of this. In this season, we're 4 episodes in and I have no reason to hate whatever/whomever is behind all of it as at the worst, all we have is a dead kid who was killed by blunt force trauma which could have just been an accident. it's a mystery without the investment so far.

I'm hoping the daughter winds up providing some of this if/when they talk to her.

• 1Like

Jozu

They taking the slow burn approach. The kids mother is obviously somewhat accountable, as she alluded to it when talking to Wayne's wife.

I mean....she said she has the soul of a whore....the first time I've heard of that.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The ghost in the suit could be anyone. But, there is a solid case for it being Dorf/Roland. Haze could be heard saying, "I'm sorry" and almost seemed to reach out and pat him on the shoulder. Who else have we seen that Haze has any sort of relationship with or fondness for? He is a pretty distant and guarded guy.

It would also answer the questions as to why we haven't seen him in the 2015 timeline and Haze being confused as to "Where is Roland? When was the last time I have seen Roland?". From the what the story has offered thus far, Roland might be the best candidate.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
a lot of ppl are out of old man hays life

wife dead

daughter, went to another city (sounds like she left w/ a "go fuk yourself" attitude)

roland???

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Yeah she's hideous, that's Meryl Streeps daughter isn't it? So she's probably a headcase too.
ugh, thats what meryl streep looked like young? yea she sucked all the hollywood dicks to get famous, cuz it's not like she has talent either, and not pretty? dick suck champ.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Dialogue is so much better this season. Hayes' 80's date scene was smooth as fuck, but the whole of episode 4 was full of great one liners by every character. The acting overall has been pretty stellar as well. Pretty slow episode though.

Episode 5 out early (now) in case anyone missed that.

Edit: also pretty sure the son is fucking the reporter present day. Episode 3 Hayes picked up on it when she started bashing the investigation and son stepped in. He asked a few leading questions to them both in Episode 4 to that effect.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fedor

<Banned>
maxresdefault.jpg

Xevy

Log Wizard
Great acting in episode 5. Ain't spoiling anything since it's a leak. Really great work. Fucking Dorff. Only thing I know him from previous are Blade and Blu Cig commercials. How far he's come.

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

I forgot Dorff did those blue cig commercials LOL. That's right, that and Blade are the only things I remember him from as well.

At first he seemed like a forced 80s trope character, but he is more complex than that. He is compassionate, and down to earth. Great acting and great character.

Ali's performance is fantastic as well, his accent is jarringly accurate.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I guess I'm enjoying the season so far? Not really sure, and it doesn't feel as though it's gotten out of first gear yet. Seems like it'll pick up next week though and I'm hoping it does. The writing is good though as is most of the acting. Dorff doing a lot better than I thought he'd do....

Critics have only watched up to this point. Including Episode 5.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Its not leaked, it’s released on demand as well. I guess there is some sporting event Sunday or something.

• 1Worf