True Detective

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
btw bros

Ee1Ea43.jpg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
There are plenty of details to suggest he's involved somehow: the spiral drawing in his house, his preventing Cohle from entering the abandoned school at the last minute, impulsively executing Ledoux, even his last name (thanks, Google).
The spiral drawing fits if Hart's daughter was abused by someone in the cult. Impulsively executing Ledoux fits considering he discovered this guy just finished raping/torturing those kids. You think his last name means he's got a fetish for deer antlers? Lastly, why do you think he prevented Cohle from entering the school at the last minute? I haven't watched that episode in a bit, but I thought Cohle was still talking to the lawnmower man when Hart got the news over the radio about Ledoux. They had a suspect and wanted to get to him as soon as possible.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, Hart was honking his horn while Cohle was talking to the Lawnmower Man. I don't recall him preventing him from doing anything.

Brad2770

Hart's daughter gets caught up in it. Cohle gets involved to help her, Hart catches him with her and thinks its a ploy and executes him. Season ends.

I think this show is going to be the 12 Monkeys of TV; always ending on a down note.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm not buying into the Hart as killer theory but just as bit of coincidence, when Rust asked him if he had done any hunting as they were going into the bush looking for the meth lab Marty said he had killed a 10 point buck. Guess how many points were on the horns that were on Dora Lang's body.

Yup.

khorum

Murder Apologist
I'm not a believer of the hart theory but if anything works in its favor it's the fact that unlike other unreliable narrator structures, this show has TWO unreliable narrators who are cooperative until the 2nd act. They apparently run into conflict back in 2002, so we'll see next episode. I think its someone else though.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
agree, i think they both sort of supect the other but neither is involved. i think they are burying us in red herrings to cover up for the obvious father in law+tuttle connection. Hart is no big people and neither is rust. at worst they are being used. hart doesnt know it, but rust sure does.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Chuk is right. You guys are way overthinking this

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I'm still going with the theory that the grandpa is either 1 of the 5 kings, or possibly the Yellow King. He probably molested Harts daughter. The grandma probably knows about it, because she seems to absolutely despise all men, she has a lot of pent-up anger at the opposite sex. The only thing that doesn't make sense about that theory is that you would think Harts wife would be screwed up as well, you'd think it would have happened to her as a kid too. The grandpa being involved is probably also part of him despising Hart, he REALLY didn't like his daughter marrying a cop.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
It wouldn't surprise me if he was involved, but why are people so convinced? He appeared briefly in one episode and we don't know anything about him other than he hates Woody Harrelson.

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
I think saying that Hart's stepdad is part of it is really really grasping at straws. There's absolutely no evidence that he would be involved.

I think that their lieutenant, the one hooker, the guy with the stroke, and the two guys at the repair shop are the five kings. See how easy that was?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

khorum

Murder Apologist
Problem is the grandfather's actor is only credited for the one episode we saw him in. Blame the dude who made the joke about some actors name on imdb, he stumbled on a sure fire way to spoil a show that is constructed as one massive film in 8 distinct episodes.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
There's no evidence, but I think there are enough things shown on screen that, when taken in context, could lead you to believe the grandfather is involved somehow. Mostly with the repeatedly fucked up sexual stuff that keeps showing up. Then little things like the spiral drawing she made and the arrangement of the male dolls around the girl doll. Sounds like a traumatic childhood event occurred and the parents are completely oblivious. At such a young age she'd only be around trusted people. Like the grandparents.

EDIT: Well, seeing the post above fucks that up. Unless he dies off screen or something.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Problem is the grandfather's actor is only credited for the one episode we saw him in. Blame the dude who made the joke about some actors name on imdb, he stumbled on a sure fire way to spoil a show that is constructed as one massive film in 8 distinct episodes.
Yes, so stop pointing out shit like that(or spoiler it when you do). People can go read it themselves if they like.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the father in law has appeared in one episode and after hart's wife left him the dad's voice was on the phone talking to hart. and who said the wife isnt fucked up?

khalid

Unelected Mod
Those credits are very often wrong. They have certainly been shown to be wrong many times for GoT, the one show where I paid attention to those things.